Aulani exclusive items

Leftcoast

Earning My Ears
We’re headed to Aulani in a week (splitting time in Waikiki and Aulani). We haven’t been in around 3 years or so. Questions:

1. Is Laniwai spa back fully operational? I saw someone say atleast a few months ago couples massages couldn’t be in same room and steam/sauna weren’t open either. Is this back to normal yet?
2. Any “Aulani exclusive” items you’d recommend we snag while there?
3. We aren’t DVC members (planning on purchasing in Dec), worth it to do a presentation now to price it out?
4. Fave food items/what would you pass on?

1 - mostly full operation. I believe the couples massages still aren't available but you should check when you get there as things are changing rapidly in Hawaii.
2 - we usually get a t-shirt/polo with the Aulani logo.
3 - Yes, you should check out DVC while there. However, be aware that the price there is no different than what you'll get on line or in person at a Disney resort.
4 - love Loco Moko. A great breakfast item

If you are not American buying at home is a bit tricky because you have to go to an embassy to sign the papers. I assume a consulate will do, but don’t know for sure.

I have scheduled couples massages for June. It’s my daughter and I which is how they allow teens to get massaged.

If you are not American buying at home is a bit tricky because you have to go to an embassy to sign the papers. I assume a consulate will do, but don’t know for sure.
We live in California! It’s more out of excitement wanting to look, not necessity.

I am a DVC owner, and I live in Canada. We didn't go through anyone but DVC.

1 - mostly full operation. I believe the couples massages still aren't available but you should check when you get there as things are changing rapidly in Hawaii.
2 - we usually get a t-shirt/polo with the Aulani logo.
3 - Yes, you should check out DVC while there. However, be aware that the price there is no different than what you'll get on line or in person at a Disney resort.
4 - love Loco Moko. A great breakfast item
I just booked a couples massage for early May, so I guess they are available.

This recommendation is not for an "Aulani" exclusive item but for a Hawaii exclusive item. I always stop by the LeSportsac store at the Waikele Premium Outlets (It's a few exits before heading to Aulani) in Waipahu to buy any new Hawaii exclusive print bags/accessories. They make great souveniers.
While you're there, get a shave ice from Mountain Magic Shave Ice kiosk (near the Leonard's mobile bakery truck) and pick up some malasadas too. It's our favorite shave ice place to stop by before heading back to Aulani.

Is this specific to Aulani? I bought DVC from the UK and everything we had to sign was delivered to and collected from our home. No one else was involved.

Is this specific to Aulani? I bought DVC from the UK and everything we had to sign was delivered to and collected from our home. No one else was involved.
If you buy a Florida based DVC resort resale, you do not have to get anything notorised unless financing. You do if buying in Hawaii due to their state laws.

An interesting experience as a CDN recently buying Aulani resale and from Disney Direct.

Resale we were able to arrange virtual notary and did everything from our home that was about a month ago.
Disney direct was not able to arrange this for some reason and following much discussion Disney said they were working on their virutal notary options. Our consulate had no ability to do notarization due to covid impacting their services and we drove to the states last weekend to get a doc notarized in the US at the UPS Store. (The UPS Store was $20 and about 10 minutes) After I had already booked the hotels etc, Disney indicated if I had self arranged a virtual notary they would have accepted it.

Anyhow, we have finished that step and Disney direct with Aulani was way more painful than Disney resale via dvcresalemarket and first american title co for notarization.

Aulani has lots of new and exclusive merchandise. Laniwai spa has a few items as well. Kalepa’s had the majority of items but Hale Manu has the higher-end brands.

Aulani has lots of new and exclusive merchandise. Laniwai spa has a few items as well. Kalepa’s had the majority of items but Hale Manu has the higher-end brands.

Would you happen to have pictures to share?

LAX

This recommendation is not for an "Aulani" exclusive item but for a Hawaii exclusive item. I always stop by the LeSportsac store at the Waikele Premium Outlets (It's a few exits before heading to Aulani) in Waipahu to buy any new Hawaii exclusive print bags/accessories. They make great souveniers.
While you're there, get a shave ice from Mountain Magic Shave Ice kiosk (near the Leonard's mobile bakery truck) and pick up some malasadas too. It's our favorite shave ice place to stop by before heading back to Aulani.

Unfortunately, this store is now closed. Went over there a few days ago and butcher paper covering the windows with a "thanks for your past business" sign. But I did find a small display at the Royal Hawaiian mall location with 70% off some small cosmetics bags with cute Hawaiian prints (the actual purses were 30% off).

Would you happen to have pictures to share?

LAX
I have some from others that I can share. You can also order the Mickey lamp as well.

Attachments

• CC18787C-9AFB-4F4E-B840-3BC89B19443D.jpeg
    CC18787C-9AFB-4F4E-B840-3BC89B19443D.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 17CED362-26BA-43A2-8691-DA286B589E8E.jpeg
    17CED362-26BA-43A2-8691-DA286B589E8E.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 4996A66F-9607-46C4-9A63-EDDCCD4E519D.jpeg
    4996A66F-9607-46C4-9A63-EDDCCD4E519D.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 25
Unfortunately, this store is now closed. Went over there a few days ago and butcher paper covering the windows with a "thanks for your past business" sign. But I did find a small display at the Royal Hawaiian mall location with 70% off some small cosmetics bags with cute Hawaiian prints (the actual purses were 30% off).
You beat me to this closure notice. I just got back from Aulani last weekend. I went the the store on Saturday, June 25th for buy a few souvenirs. The LeSportSac associate told me that it was their last day of business. I purchased 23 items of small goods and a backpack-everything in the store was 70% off.

You beat me to this closure notice. I just got back from Aulani last weekend. I went the the store on Saturday, June 25th for buy a few souvenirs. The LeSportSac associate told me that it was their last day of business. I purchased 23 items of small goods and a backpack-everything in the store was 70% off.
I think that means I missed it by one day. We either went on Saturday or Sunday, so I guess it was Sunday since it was already closed. I do like the small items I got at their other store, though. Can't really beat $6 for a small souvenir for others. Loved the plumeria print.

I think that means I missed it by one day. We either went on Saturday or Sunday, so I guess it was Sunday since it was already closed. I do like the small items I got at their other store, though. Can't really beat $6 for a small souvenir for others. Loved the plumeria print.
I’m bummed that this store is now closed. At least they still have the boutique at the Royal Hawaiian hotel and the store at the Ala Moana shopping center.

Hope you had a fun vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter