Aulani - here now - post your questions

We will be at Aulani three weeks from today, but fly into Honolulu four nights earlier and staying in a cottage on the North Shore. Reading this thread is getting us scared about the airport and traffic!!! We are flying in on United from Ottawa, Canada and connecting through Chicago. Has anyone else ever taken this flight? We understand that it is 9 hours but no meals are served! Is there food to buy? Is there enough for everyone who wants it?

Does anyone know if there is pin trading at Aulani?

Would appreciate any tips that anyone has!

Yes, we did the Chicago to Honolulu flight last October. Correct, they only provide beverages, but there is food to purchase. I believe you can look at the options on United's website. It was mostly sandwiches and such but there was one hot pasta entree that was edible. We bought breakfast sandwiches during our layover and ate those on the plane shortly after take-off. Then we bought food on the plane. They also have some (very overpriced) snack boxes. I agree, crazy that they don't provide any food! We were in the middle of the plane, so I have no idea if selections are limited when they get to the end. Also, they only take credit cards, no cash.

Also, if you're on the same plane we were on (sounds like it, I think we landed at 2 something) it just had the regular movie screens not individual screens. They showed two movies, one of which the kids could watch (and of course they caught part of the other one but no headphones).

I'll be making my first trip to Aulani next week (sooper excited!). My question is, do we need to bring our own beach towels, or are they provided by the resort?

I'll be making my first trip to Aulani next week (sooper excited!). My question is, do we need to bring our own beach towels, or are they provided by the resort?

Provided at the resort at the cabanas where you receive your wristband. They'll ask you.

Yes, you get a new wristband each day (they're different colors) and the wristband is necessary to use the water features, rent things at the beach (like a canoe or SUP), and also is necessary for entry into special events like the Starlit Hui.

The towel hut will give you as many towels as you ask for and you can get more towels throughout the day. You can take the towels down to the beach or take them off property to use on excursions--just drop them in a towel return when you are done. We took towels off site to use surfing.

You must wear a new wristband each day of your stay in order to access the pools/slides.

Yes, you get a new wristband each day (they're different colors) and the wristband is necessary to use the water features, rent things at the beach (like a canoe or SUP), and also is necessary for entry into special events like the Starlit Hui. The towel hut will give you as many towels as you ask for and you can get more towels throughout the day. You can take the towels down to the beach or take them off property to use on excursions--just drop them in a towel return when you are done. We took towels off site to use surfing.

Thank you! This whole thread has been extremely useful.

The towel hut will give you as many towels as you ask for and you can get more towels throughout the day. You can take the towels down to the beach or take them off property to use on excursions--just drop them in a towel return when you are done. We took towels off site to use surfing.

So, do people still bring their own beach towels from home? Or do the Aulani towels serve the purpose just fine?

Yes, they do in fact do pin trading at Aulani! We were just there and my DD came away with some wonderful new pins! There are 3 primary places you can go to trade:

DVC pre-view center - The CM working there have lanyards with pins for trading, and there is a display by the reception desk in the preview center that has pins as well.

Concierge desk - In a notebook, hidden away in a drawer, the concierge has a book filled with pins! They do not advertise this (we found out from a CM) or have it out, so just ask one of the concierge staff to see the pin trading book. We tried to do this when they were not busy and not rushed :)

Pau Hana Room (community hall) - The staff will have pin trading lanyards out at the desk from 9-10 in the morning, then 5-6 at night (double check the times as they may have changed since we were there a few weeks ago). Not only will there be the resort lanyards there, but you will see other guests trickle in with their own pins, so it's another option for trading.

There are also pins that can be purchased in the gift store (Kalepa's store had the best selection), including the exclusive Aulani Disney Vacation Club pin they keep behind the counter. You will have to show your DVC ID card to get that one :)

Happy pin trading!!

Did you have any opportunities to pin trade with other guests? Is pin trading advertised at Aulani or you have to seek it out on your own? Thank you!:stitch::tinker::tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:dumbo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter