Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

Ok that makes me feel better. I was thinking with paying all those dues I should be using it yearly. Thanks!

Well we will use all our points but we won't go there every year. Bought smaller and will save and use it like that... airfare is too expensive and long to go often. Also... we are even using a year of our points as part of our california stay!

My friend just purchased RT from LAX on United in Jan for August for $600 pp. not bad.

I've been researching it out again and am learning more about places to go besides Waikiki and Aulani. Getting excited!

Anyone stay in a standard view room? If you request a higher floor do you at least get pretty Hawaiian mountains to look at? I'm looking at the cheapest point level.

My friend just purchased RT from LAX on United in Jan for August for $600 pp. not bad.

I've been researching it out again and am learning more about places to go besides Waikiki and Aulani. Getting excited!

Anyone stay in a standard view room? If you request a higher floor do you at least get pretty Hawaiian mountains to look at? I'm looking at the cheapest point level.

If you can fly from San Diego flights are a lot cheaper on Alaska Air.

You may want to check out this thread on Aulani Villas Views... it will give you a good idea of what you may want to put in for a room request in that category:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

I tried. Hard to find everything but thanks. It's super long. I googled some images though and saw what a standard view would look like. I'm ok with it so it will work out great! I don't care what we look at actually.

Late to the party, but better late than never! Took our first trip to Aulani last July and were hooked about 3.2 seconds after we arrived, added on a contract so we can keep returning home! We will probably only get there ever other year, but I will take it! Counting down already, cannot wait. Hawaii is truly my happy place. :cloud9:

We bought into Aulani and DVC last year. We leave for our first trip two weeks from tomorrow! Booked a 1 bedroom ocean view villa. Cannot wait! As hard as I am trying to not forget anything, I know I will! Any thoughts/advice on things that surprised you or things you wish you had remembered? Or didn't bring because you didn't know you would need it? Just thought I would throw the question out there. We've never stayed in a DVC room before, so I don't know what I don't know! Thanks!

disneyfm4 said:
We bought into Aulani and DVC last year. We leave for our first trip two weeks from tomorrow! Booked a 1 bedroom ocean view villa. Cannot wait! As hard as I am trying to not forget anything, I know I will! Any thoughts/advice on things that surprised you or things you wish you had remembered? Or didn't bring because you didn't know you would need it? Just thought I would throw the question out there. We've never stayed in a DVC room before, so I don't know what I don't know! Thanks!

Congratulations! You will just love it!
I recommend bringing clorox wipes because you will not have housekeeping service everyday. I didn't want to spend a lot of time cleaning, but can't relax with a mess either. The wipes were great for the kitchen and bathroom. We also took dishwasher gel packs and the detergent pods for all the laundry we did. Don't forget salt, pepper and sugar (unless you don't want to cook!). Enjoy!

I recommend bringing clorox wipes because you will not have housekeeping service everyday. I didn't want to spend a lot of time cleaning, but can't relax with a mess either. The wipes were great for the kitchen and bathroom. We also took dishwasher gel packs and the detergent pods for all the laundry we did. Don't forget salt, pepper and sugar (unless you don't want to cook!). Enjoy!

Our trip to Aulani isn't too far away. A question... is it a problem to fly with the detergent pods? Don't you run the risk of the change in air pressure causing them to pop? Even in a zip lock bag I wouldn't want them to explode in the laundry!

Thanks..

---Paul in Southern NJ

Our trip to Aulani isn't too far away. A question... is it a problem to fly with the detergent pods? Don't you run the risk of the change in air pressure causing them to pop? Even in a zip lock bag I wouldn't want them to explode in the laundry!

Thanks..

---Paul in Southern NJ

My mom out them in ziplock and then in a small Tupperware

Mine came in a ziplock type package. I put the package into a ziplock bag for a double layer just in case and no problems.

Oh she didn't bring the whole package. Just 4-5 in a Baggie then in the tuperware. Presented against squashing

Detergent and dryer sheets. They do give you one small box of Tide. There's a Target near so you can stop there on the way.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I didn't have any of those things on my list! Only other piece of advice I have heard from others is to buy milk at Costco, which I am told, along with target, is on the way from the airport to Aulani. Thanks again and any additional suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I didn't have any of those things on my list! Only other piece of advice I have heard from others is to buy milk at Costco, which I am told, along with target, is on the way from the airport to Aulani. Thanks again and any additional suggestions are welcomed!

Just read this on my DIS Facebook page..... No milk in your room now.....

Defect found in Disney's guest room refrigerators

by Leah Zanolla
Jul 10, 2013

Disney hotels will not have refrigerators in their guest rooms for a few months. A possible defect was found in the refrigerators used at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani, so they have been removed or disconnected. Guests will receive a letter in their rooms explaining the problem, but the fridges will only be removed from unoccupied rooms or when current guests check out.

This does not affect Disney Vacation Club rooms, Fort Wilderness cabins, the Family Suites at Art of Animation and All-Star Music and the suites at the Disneyland Hotel. These rooms all have larger refrigerators.

There will be a limited number of fridges available for guests with medical necessities, but these are not guaranteed.

It is expected to take up to four months to get all the refrigerators replaced.

We are going to be there 7 days. Do they ever come in and replace shampoo, soap and toilet paper?

I am so excited. I booked an 11 day stay in February. My dh and i have a 1 bedroom garden view room for or 25th anniversary! I found a good deal (I think)on two 1st class tickets and jumped on them. So it's-official! I can't believe we are going! It looks like a beautiful resort. It's our first time on Oahu. I'll be watching this thread carefully for the next 7 months! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter