Aulani snorkeling?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
Does anyone know how the snorkeling is in the actual ocean at Aulani? Is the water clear? Are there a decent amount of fish to see?

Also, I don't think we had considered doing the man-made snorkeling reef there (because of the fee) but if it's anything like the one we just did at Discovery Cove in Florida, then I'm all over it! We loved that!

Thanks for any info!

My son and husband snorkeled in the lagoon at Aulani in march. They saw "tons and tons of fish"and a sea turtle. They loved it. We did not do the man made snorkel area. It seemed to be more for little kids.

The best time to snorkel in the lagoon at Aulani is early morning before the crowds come. I've heard from others that that is the best time to see anything. Theres definitely fish and turtles in there, but if it's cloudy or high tide it's a little hard to see.

If you enjoy snorkeling I would def reccomend Rainbow Reef, the manmade snorkel aquarium. 1400 fish of 41 different species all native to Hawaii. The day pass prices have recently gone down so it's now $10 for kids and $15 for adults, which is really not that bad (used to be 15 and 20) considering you have the pass all day long and can also swim with the fish during fish feeding times.

Its best to go early before the surf picks up and the water gets cloudy. Same rules apply for all over the island. As far as is it good, that depends on who you ask. It's okay, but I dive so I am use to seeing reefs with tons of sea life. I would say if you only snorkel or have only done it a few times you will enjoy it. There are decent fish near the rocks. Don't be afraid to get right up to the ropes, you can see more sea life when you get close to the rocks. Enjoy!

Thanks for the responses. Yes, we've only snorkeled at just a couple of places so we for sure haven't seen the most colorful fish out there. Sounds like we would love the snorkeling there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter