Aulani Spa with a 9yo

amym2

DIS Veteran
Going to Aulani with DH, DS11, DD9, and FIL this October. My DD and I would like to do something in the spa, but I am not sure what would be best. She has had a couple of pedicures and really enjoys those. She mentioned wanting to do a massage, but I'm not sure if that would be weird for a 9yo. I see that they offer a family massage, but it is for 3 or more people, and I don't think I could talk any of the guys into doing it with us. Could we do a couples massage even though we're a mom and daughter? Has anyone been to the spa with a tween DD? Any suggestions? Worth the money?

Also, I know that I've read about an "upgrade" for DVC members. Which service is that for?

Nobody? Anyone been to the Aulani spa with a kid of any age? Guess I must be the only crazy one!

Is she old enough for the teen spa? If not, I think you can do a family massage with her and you if you choose to.

Is she old enough for the teen spa? If not, I think you can do a family massage with her and you if you choose to.

No, she's only 9. The family massages I've read about are for 3+ people and are charged as such. Hopefully they'll have an option for the two of us. I'll give the spa a call when we're closer to our trip. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with kids in the spa.

Well my daughter was 15 last summer while we were at Aulani so a bit older than 9. However she wanted a massage and neither of us wanted her to be in a room on her own so we were able to be together in the same room without any issues. I just mentioned it when I made the reservations and there was no problem at all. We had a fantastic time together. The pools outside, the steam room and sauna were all wonderful. I would highly recommend a spa day. :thumbsup2

I took my niece for her first massage when she was 13. We did a couples massage for the same reason, didn't want her in the room by herself the first time. I would call the Spa at Aulani and ask if they can do a massage for a 9 year old. I know most spas have an age limit for massage services. Otherwise, if that isn't an issue I would book the couples massage.

The Spa at Aulani is wonderful and be sure to spend extra time in the outside reflection area and definitely take a dip in the cold plunge pool. If she can't do a massage maybe there is a service in the "teen" spa area that would allow her to join you in the reflection area. That would be nice as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter