Aulani Too Hot in August?

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
We have our first Aulani trip booked for a week in August, but as we get older have found humid heat harder to push thru (why we no longer do WDW in Summer). We love a nice view, walking, and may snorkle, but are not sit by the pool in the sun people lol. 1) Are we being too optimistic about fans and ocean breezes keeping the resort comfortable? 2) Any comfort tips? Thanks!!

I was in Oahu last August (not Aulani, but right next door at 4S). It was very pleasant - not too warm. Do wear a lot of sunscreen, though, as you can burn very quickly there.

August is my go-to month at Aulani. The weather is beautiful. I don’t notice the humidity in Oahu, like at WDW or New England beaches in the summer.

Hawaii has pleasant weather all year round. The average high will be in the low to mid 80's. The low will be about 70.
Good to hear - we just looked at last year in the 90s and wondered, if with the humidity, we'd be stuck in the very pricey non-view room lol.
August is my go-to month at Aulani. The weather is beautiful. I don’t notice the humidity in Oahu, like at WDW or New England beaches in the summer.
You've all dropped our stress level so much! Will just try to sort out some cooler clothing and bring lots of sunscreen.

Hawaii is groundhogs day. It is nice year round. They are tropical so that means that they have a rainy season. You can Google the average temperature year round and see.

I haven't been in August but we were there earlier this month (early July) and it was extemely pleasant. I think you should be in great shape as the weather is so moderate. I live in central Texas though - right now 80F sounds like an absolute dream!

The big advantage that the islands have is the Tradewinds. Since the islands are small, the winds that blow through carry cooler temperatures and help to keep temperatures from climbing, and help keep body temperatures down. As long as the winds are blowing it never feels as hot in the islands as it does in other areas.

That being said, the trade winds typically aren’t as strong in September and October. And the trade winds have been in constant decline over the past 40 years. There seem to be many more days without the trade winds now then ever before.

So while August should be a great month to visit, if the winds aren’t blowing (or if the Kona winds are blowing from the south), it is possible for it to be far less comfortable than normal. Definitely not as bad as Florida though! 😁

Just got back from Aulani. I would say it was a little "toastier" than I would have liked it and than other times I have visited other Hawaiian Islands in the Spring, but certainly not a show-stopper. We went over to the Kualoa Ranch on the windward and more humid side of the island, and it was a little more uncomfortable, but our reservations were in the afternoon, I would imagine the morning would have been more comfortable. But again, it was nothing close to Florida levels of heat/humidity, nor Las Vegas, where I live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter