Aunt Jemima now "Pearl Milling Company"

A lot of people do. What do they normally serve at Denny's, IHOP, McDonald's, Burger King, etc on pancakes and waffles? And at home there's way more people just using Log Cabin, Mrs. Butterworth's, (the former) Aunt Jemima, or Hungry Jack syrup than real maple.
I may or may not bring real maple syrup on vacation:rolleyes1

Love pancakes but they're one of those things I rarely eat now. I've typically had more French toast than pancakes/waffles.

Ha! Ok, for a second, I read this as you calling Willbret "MF".

I am, but only W T F. (Wed, Thurs, Fri)

A lot of people do. What do they normally serve at Denny's, IHOP, McDonald's, Burger King, etc on pancakes and waffles? And at home there's way more people just using Log Cabin, Mrs. Butterworth's, (the former) Aunt Jemima, or Hungry Jack syrup than real maple.

Corn Syrup is an abomination. It should be banned.

Still waiting for the outrage over Lucky Charms.

No sir. They are not, in fact, magically delicious.
They have to finish off Snap, Crackle, and Pop. It's underway. I fully expect a Jake from State Farm type change. We are just going to have pretend like nothing ever happened, lol.

Traditional corn syrup (not HFCS) is a common ingredient in some foods. I don't see anything wrong with it.

And there's nothing inherently wrong with any ingredient. The prolific use of it in everything though and creating an inferior product in the process can be an issue, but that's not really the same thing.

Last edited:
They just put him back to work, I think he was literally a guy named Jake from State Farm. The new guy is an actor.

He was -- and he is in the new commercial too, he's the one that pops out when new Jake asks if people always ask what they're wearing. So the new commercials seems to imply all males working at State Farm are named Jake.

Now that we are in far away off topic land.... :)

Corn Syrup is an abomination. It should be banned.

Why is syrup derived from corn any more of an abomination than syrup derived from sugar cane, or the sap from a maple tree?

FWIW, the real abomination is that Americans consider corn to be a vegetable. It's a grain.

Why is syrup derived from corn any more of an abomination than syrup derived from sugar cane, or the sap from a maple tree?

FWIW, the real abomination is that Americans consider corn to be a vegetable. It's a grain.
Even worse are people that think it's a grain! It's a fruit! :-)

But seriously, it's both a grain and a fruit. It's a gruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter