Author Thread

well a big bump up because of the da vinci code

i haven't finished reading i think i'm over halfway now though and there are mentions to disney in the book especially a page about walt disney being described as the "modern Leonardo Da Vinci" and talks about hidden symbolism in the disney movies which i decided to look up about but only found sites about nothing on the topic and something about Walt Disney mind controlling people with his movies and parks which i had no idea what it was all sabout and confused me

anyway it says:

Throughout his entire life, Disney had been hailed as "the Modern-Day Leonardo da Vinci." Both men were generations ahead of their times, uniquely gifted artists, members of secret societies, and, most notably, avid pranksters. Like Leonardo, Walt Disney loved infusing hidden messages and symbolism in his art. For the trained symbologist, watching an early Disney movie was like being barraged by an avalanche of allusion and metaphor.

Most of Disney’s hidden messages dealt with religion, pagan myth, and stories of the subjugated goddess. It was no mistake that Disney retold tales like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White—all of which dealt with the incarceration of the sacred feminine. Nor did one need a background in symbolism to understand that Snow White was a clear allusion to the downfall of Eve in the Garden of Eden. Or that Sleeping Beauty’s Princess Aurora was the Grail story for children. The Little Mermaid was a spellbinding tapestry of spiritual symbols so specifically goddess-related that they could not be coincidence.

When Langdon had first seen The Little Mermaid, he had actually gasped aloud when he noticed that the painting in Ariel’s underwater home was none other than seventeenth-century artist Georges de la Tour’s The Penitent Magdalene fitting decor considering the movie turned out to be a ninety-minute collage of blatant symbolic references to the lost sanctity of Isis, Eve, Pisces the fish goddess, and Mary Magdalene.

yeah i took away bits from it which might destroy the plot of the book i guess

or it might i don't know i just found it interesting

marypops! said:
well a big bump up because of the da vinci code

i haven't finished reading i think i'm over halfway now though and there are mentions to disney in the book especially a page about walt disney being described as the "modern Leonardo Da Vinci" and talks about hidden symbolism in the disney movies which i decided to look up about but only found sites about nothing on the topic and something about Walt Disney mind controlling people with his movies and parks which i had no idea what it was all sabout and confused me

anyway it says:

Throughout his entire life, Disney had been hailed as "the Modern-Day Leonardo da Vinci." Both men were generations ahead of their times, uniquely gifted artists, members of secret societies, and, most notably, avid pranksters. Like Leonardo, Walt Disney loved infusing hidden messages and symbolism in his art. For the trained symbologist, watching an early Disney movie was like being barraged by an avalanche of allusion and metaphor.

Most of Disney’s hidden messages dealt with religion, pagan myth, and stories of the subjugated goddess. It was no mistake that Disney retold tales like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White—all of which dealt with the incarceration of the sacred feminine. Nor did one need a background in symbolism to understand that Snow White was a clear allusion to the downfall of Eve in the Garden of Eden. Or that Sleeping Beauty’s Princess Aurora was the Grail story for children. The Little Mermaid was a spellbinding tapestry of spiritual symbols so specifically goddess-related that they could not be coincidence.

When Langdon had first seen The Little Mermaid, he had actually gasped aloud when he noticed that the painting in Ariel’s underwater home was none other than seventeenth-century artist Georges de la Tour’s The Penitent Magdalene fitting decor considering the movie turned out to be a ninety-minute collage of blatant symbolic references to the lost sanctity of Isis, Eve, Pisces the fish goddess, and Mary Magdalene.

yeah i took away bits from it which might destroy the plot of the book i guess

or it might i don't know i just found it interesting

how do you figure the disney messages? lol

i can't fin the messages it's just in the book (oh and one of the main characters is a symbologist) i think you should read the book instead of watching the movie because you'll find out why if you read it

oh and the alast supper painting is a main part of the book and shows a picture of the holy grail (which i won't say since it will ruin the whole plot)

oh and i went on a website dedicated to it and i found this things about modern mistakes in the book then it said spoilers ahead which i thought wouldn't matter because i've already read the part which it was about and then turns out to say where the holy grail was which i didn't like because i wanted to find out on my own so now i know to always trust spoiler warnings

hey i just found this threads and today i was thinking about doing a book
it would be called The Funny Flu
its when three of the funniest boys in my class get the flu one after another
and when they come back they are not funny anymore so hannah (me)
and her friends on vmk and at school try to find a cure bc who would want a world without funny :bounce: :goodvibes :goodvibes :rotfl: :rotfl: party: :jumping1: :jumping1: :rainbow: :jumping2: :hmghost: :hmghost: :ccat: :ccat: :sulley: :stitch: :simba: :figment: :earboy2:

I was totally sucked into DaVinci Code and can't wait to see the movie....except for Tom Hanks' hair....that I don't want to see. I thought it was a great thriller and kept me reading it on the edge of my seat. I might have to read it again before the movie comes out. I don't think I fully understood the ending because I was younger...maybe now I will get it.

if it's not a good book that i was to take in slowly and enjoy every letter i can usually read a page every two seconds(depending on how big it is)

CaptainBrain said:
My Ex-Girl Friend was a book nut, like me...

She said she found the Name Baudelaire, from a Series of Unfortunate Events, and Nicolas Flammel from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Marypops, is that true?

that's impossible because their's no B in series of unfortuate events and f in harry potter and the sorcerer's stone but they are charcters lol btw just this weird thing I knew since a while since i tried to read all the lemony snicket book's in sebald code :lmao: if you look in the hopital one(book 8 think) and you go to like i think page 105 it's in sebald code lol

When its up to me. I will write a story and never stop. One time i wrote a little mystery. And it was 12 pages long. And 10 paragraphs in it.

:love: :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :love: :cloud9:

ktink94 said:
When its up to me. I will write a story and never stop. One time i wrote a little mystery. And it was 12 pages long. And 10 paragraphs in it.

:love: :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :love: :cloud9:

Nice! I wish I had that gift for creative writing but I always have perpetual writers block! Poems I'm okay at but not long stories...or even short stories for that matter.

We had to read Catcher in the Rye for my english class and I was surprised to find that I LIKED it. It was just my sense of sarcastic humor! It was also interesting what my teacher told us about the author and how he is like...in hiding and refuses to be in the public eye. For all we know he could be dead.
Dun Dun Duh!

I'll be pretty bored over the summer so I would love some book suggestions!

we had to read The Great Ghost Rescue in reading last school year and with the group i was in and the slapstick comedy in the book were a very nice match

idk if anybody out there has seen glory road and coach carter??
but those are two of my favorite books, good story line just like hoosiers

I'm currently finishing up writing a story with my best friend, it is currently called The Adventures of Clean Queen and Shagg, but we REALLY need a better title. It's more like a perfect TV show, we have liek a bazillion people in it. Let me make a list.

Anna
Rhesa
Lady Lindsey
Steve - a ten year old with plans for world domination
Kingda Ka
Prince James
Jamie
Abbey
Emma
Miranda Zeroni
Aunt Mavis
Alyssa Nome
Maddie and Jack Nome
Zoe

just to name some... LOL

Nanoer said:
if it's not a good book that i was to take in slowly and enjoy every letter i can usually read a page every two seconds(depending on how big it is)

that's impossible because their's no B in series of unfortuate events and f in harry potter and the sorcerer's stone but they are charcters lol btw just this weird thing I knew since a while since i tried to read all the lemony snicket book's in sebald code :lmao: if you look in the hopital one(book 8 think) and you go to like i think page 105 it's in sebald code lol

i recall that sebald code was mentioned in one of those books, am i correct? now, if you could just tell me what sebald code was................. i no longer like the unfortunate event books anymore (actually, i like the first 9, but not the others).

I love to write stories. I write stories sometimes about how I'm feeling or sometimes how I think about things. My dream is to be a writer someday. I have already had my work published into a few magazines and a big book of stories. I will give you a little part of the storyI worte that got entered in that big book of stories. This is not my best work though. I had to make it less than two pages which was really hard. Here is the beggining of the story I wrote called twins:

“Hi, my name is Ashley, and this is my twin sister Cecilia but, she likes to be called C.C. We are perfect twins and I will tell you how that happened.” “Why do you get to do all the talking? I want to tell you why we are not perfect twins.” Said C.C. It all started when we were nine, we entered a twins contest. We got to wear our favorite thing, dresses.” Said Ashley

“Actually, I wanted to wear Jeans but, dad insisted we wear dresses.” Said C.C “Then we got to recite a beautiful poem.” Said Ashley. “I thought that poem was dumb. Who cared about a pirate and the sea? I would rather be home watching Full house. Their was a marathon that day and I missed it.” Said C.C “Of course we won, and got a trophy, that we both enjoyed” said Ashley

“I wish the trophy was made up of chocolate because I was hungry.” Said C.C “In our mansion we have a butler named Bob” said Ashley “I thought his name was always barbarian, I mean he eats like a pig. Anyways we have a dog, which always is playing in the mud. When he comes inside he shakes in front of Ashley. I have always told him to do that.” Said C.C

If you like it I can post the rest of it but for now I will just post this 9I don't want to make my post TOO long and bore you

WDWfan36, i would like to hear the rest of this story!!!! i dream of being an author (i have some story ideas that i won't share.............. at the moment!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter