Availability at 7 mos?

dopeynme

DIS Veteran
Hi, all! DH and I have been planning/hoping to make an Aulani trip in Aug 2018 for our 10th anniversary. We are DVC members and would like to use points for a studio.

Are we likely to have difficulty booking a studio in August at 7 months out?

TIA for your help! Aloha!

I booked this year for August with no issues. Did it at exactly 7 months.

Thanks, kgroo!

We are hoping to stay on Maui and the Big Island, too, but hesitant to wait until 7 mos to book those places. Glad to hear you were successful at 7 mos.

Have a wonderful trip!

we have our first trip at the end of june. I booked exactly 7 mos out and got a 2 bedroom ocean view for us and a studio ocean view for my parents with no issues.

We booked at exactly 7 mos for this July.
We have a 1BR OV but other views were available as well as studios.

I would be on online at the exact time at 7 mos.
Also you can keep an eye on availability thru the availability tool on Dvc website... love that!!!
Happy planning
Kerri

We booked at exactly 7 months out with no problem. We booked a one bedroom handicapped accessible villa ocean view and had no problems booking.

Our first trip is also at the end of June. I started looking for a studio at 7 months for mid-June but had problems finding availability for a full week. There were other rooms available but I didn't have enough points for more than a studio. I kept checking each day until I got a full week in a studio right at the 7 month mark for the end of June, which has ended up working out better for us than our original plan. So, I would say if you have some flexibility with dates and room type, you should have no problem finding something at the 7 month mark.

Our first trip is also at the end of June. I started looking for a studio at 7 months for mid-June but had problems finding availability for a full week. There were other rooms available but I didn't have enough points for more than a studio. I kept checking each day until I got a full week in a studio right at the 7 month mark for the end of June, which has ended up working out better for us than our original plan. So, I would say if you have some flexibility with dates and room type, you should have no problem finding something at the 7 month mark.

At end of June points change to much higher for summer. Before that changeover it is much harder to get a room at 7 mos June.
Kerri

We've been able to book at GV at 7 months out for the last four years. Went in February, April & twice in May.

Notice how everyone is saying EXACTLY at 7 months? Take that advice! I ended up adjusting my days a few back to find availability for the end of June this year. Coming up for me!!!!!

What about booking this month for the 7 month mark of March 30th? LOL We haven't done air yet because we only have certain dates we can travel due to my husbands work schedule. Do you think i'm crazy thinking i'll be able to score a 1 or 2 bedroom for Easter week?

PS...the DVC availability tool shows plenty as of now! LOL

Book as close to the 7 month mark as possible. Availability can go quickly at the 7 month mark. Please also note the availability tool, shows that something is available. You won't know if it's 1 room or 50 rooms.

What about booking this month for the 7 month mark of March 30th? LOL We haven't done air yet because we only have certain dates we can travel due to my husbands work schedule. Do you think i'm crazy thinking i'll be able to score a 1 or 2 bedroom for Easter week?

PS...the DVC availability tool shows plenty as of now! LOL

Hi, all! DH and I have been planning/hoping to make an Aulani trip in Aug 2018 for our 10th anniversary. We are DVC members and would like to use points for a studio.

Are we likely to have difficulty booking a studio in August at 7 months out?

TIA for your help! Aloha!

The 3 times we've gone were all in July/August. Each time we had no problem getting an Ocean View Studio at the 7 month mark. We've noticed that the other studios did tend to fill up faster, likely because of the cheaper point values. Fine by us though cuz we've always wanted the Ocean View. If you do get an Ocean View studio I'd strongly recommend requesting the highest floor available in the Waianae tower. We actually stayed in room 1610 (90% sure this was the # lol either way it was the same room) each time we've gone and absolutely love it!

We are right at 11 months out and were looking for an island or standard studio. Some of our dates for a standard are already taken. I'd say the sooner you book the better.

I booked a Ocean View Studio for the June 24-July 5, 2017 at 7 months and had no issue. Mind you, I booked first thing exactly at 7 months. Minutes later most room categories were sold out. You really have to be ready as soon as online booking opens and be quick.

Are studios harder to book than others?
we have our first trip at the end of june. I booked exactly 7 mos out and got a 2 bedroom ocean view for us and a studio ocean view for my parents with no issues.

How do you book two rooms hard-to-get rooms at the same time? Is it one then the other and you hope the second one is still there? Or can two people be booking one of the rooms at the same time?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter