Availability Weirdness

Strange happenings for sure. I do find it curious that www.dvcrentalstore.com has a ton of confirmed reservations for May and June. Like almost any day check in availability. Think they snatched a bunch of rooms up with the points from the stripped contracts they’re selling at www.dvcresalemarket.com ?
I have wondered this exact sort of thing. Not necessarily this particular broker, but in general. With the low prices on resale right now, I wonder if people or companies are starting to buy solely for rental purposes. Then simply stockpiling reservations. I’ve seen a curious number of very similarly-formatted Facebook postings offering confirmed reservations lately…

It definitely seems like these are cancels as it is a room here and there. Maybe they decided, as suggested, is to not let rooms go back for others until they were checked first.

Availability for June seems very similar to what it was prior to the inventory being pulled. One exception I am seeing is the BLT Lake View Studio. Far less than when it was pulled.
Agreed. I had been looking every day because I had a waitlist for June. My waitlist came through at 61 days and that’s when everything went to Waitlist. Today it seems that reservation availability reverted to what I was seeing last Monday-ish.

The Aulani availability I had been stalking at the end of June/beginning of July is back to where it was, as well.

Availability at even more resorts now for anyone needing a room...
So I called and the person I spoke with said they had been getting a lot of calls with people calling in with website issues and asking about sudden lack of availability.... she said it just looks like it's going to be a busy month. She was able to give me a cash price for OKW and SSR for the 1 night we needed to add. She did not say there were any website issues.

The website is still glitchy for me, so I'm hoping some magic availability shows up soon....

Please tell me you’ve since called them back if you actually booked with cash… 😬

Everything normal again :-) So it was a Glitch
What remains to be seen is if it was a glitch with consequences (rooms getting booked that don't exist) or not.

ETA: The last time I remember the calendar showing availability that didn't really exist (this was after the VGC issues) the system would throw up an error after selecting your dates from the individual room calendars and you clicked continue or book room or whatever the message is. Hopefully that safeguard was still in place.

Please tell me you’ve since called them back if you actually booked with cash… 😬
Oh I never booked for cash....I just asked if there was cash availability and those were the only 2 things she said she had and gave me prices. Interestingly, the promo on the regular WDW website was better then the price she quoted me too...

I was able to grab a room on points this morning!

Definitely appears rooms were not available when they really were...so, obviously some system glitch that took too many rooms out of service....especially for June.

May is still pretty sparse but that would be expected at this point!

What remains to be seen is if it was a glitch with consequences (rooms getting booked that don't exist) or not.
I just got to thinking that I would imagine if people were impacted by booking something that didn't exist they would have contacted them PRIOR to bringing rooms back online as to have a larger pool of rooms to shift people around.

I just got to thinking that I would imagine if people were impacted by booking something that didn't exist they would have contacted them PRIOR to bringing rooms back online as to have a larger pool of rooms to shift people around.

I am thinking the same thing....especially since the things that have come back...other than SSR and maybe AKV...seem pretty sparse.

I had waitlisted for a two bedroom villa at SSR, then some rooms showed up this morning. I ended up modifying my current reservation from a 1-bedroom at BCV to a 2 bedroom at SSR. I like BCV, but needed a two bedroom since my sister and her family will be joining us at Disney. I had been stalking the website for over a week watching for a 2 bedroom at SSR to open up. I was so happy when it did! I would check the website 3 or 4 times a day, plus even called Member services and they said there was nothing available, the agent said they see the same inventory that we see online through the online booking tool.

I don't see much in June, but July opened up like CRAZY yesterday. I was surprised.

I have wondered this exact sort of thing. Not necessarily this particular broker, but in general. With the low prices on resale right now, I wonder if people or companies are starting to buy solely for rental purposes. Then simply stockpiling reservations. I’ve seen a curious number of very similarly-formatted Facebook postings offering confirmed reservations lately…

It's possible that many of those are scammers, but I do think there is a lot more of this going on than people realize.

It's possible that many of those are scammers, but I do think there is a lot more of this going on than people realize.
And, doing that is allowed, as long as they are staying under the commercial renting definition for that membership and owners.

I did not find a work around. I did not bother calling. This happened to me once before and MS gave me the same "someone booked it first line". It is interesting this happened on Easter weekend next year? I have not looked, but I would not be surprised if cash rooms are available. I still suspect Disney violates the POS and will grab rooms for cash in the 11months+7 day window, when the actual 11 month night is not available. But I am a conspiracy therorist.
Totally agree. Put nothing past Disney to make a buck now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter