AYCTE at end of breakfast/beginning of lunch

Youngatheartmom

Earning My Ears
I’m a big breakfast eater but DH doesn’t like it (opposites attract?). I saw someone talking about Crystal Palace “brunch” of sorts where they went at the end of breakfast and also got to eat the lunch food. Is this ok etiquette-wise, or encouraged even? I don’t want to abuse, but that sounds perfect for us. If it is frowned upon, I may just go without him! 😂 Also wondering if it would be possible at Garden Grill or Akershus where I understand it’s served family-style. If anyone has experience with this anywhere, I’d love to hear where it was and how the cast members approached it. Thanks!

It was several years ago, but we did exactly that at Crystal Palace. A breakfast ADR near the end of breakfast time (it may have been 10:30ish?). The buffet was breakfast when we arrived by it was changed over to lunch by the time anybody wanted more.

It should work similar at any buffet. Maybe not at family-style but admittedly it's been a long time since I ate at one of those.

We usually try to take the last slot for breakfast when we do a character meal and we’ve been able to have both breakfast and lunch at Crystal Palace and Tusker House. We mostly just pick a few favorites from lunch since we’re usually pretty stuffed from breakfast. We like that time slot because we like the breakfast menus and because it’s late enough that it fills us up until dinner. The first time we noticed they were changing the buffet over we asked if we were allowed to get another plate and the CM was like absolutely.

We’ve also done Garden Grill for a late breakfast but with it being family style we’ve always just been served breakfast foods. We’ve never asked about lunch because it’s a little different than picking out a few things at a buffet when you’re almost filled up vs. asking them to bring out an entire tray of lunch that we’d be hard pressed to eat too much of.

Another option is Whispering canyon cafe at Wilderness lodge- there are both breakfast skillets and lunch/dinner skillets.
I think you can order breakfast all day, not sure about the lunch/dinner skillets.

We did it at Tusker House in May - had a 10:10AM reservation, and the buffet changed over at 11:00AM. I think we got two rounds to the buffet in before it changed over, so a 10:30AM reservation would probably be perfect if you want a round of breakfast foods but also didn't want to wait long until the lunch items came out.
Price is based on your reservation time, so we paid the breakfast price and had full access to lunch items after 11:00.

No experience with the Epcot restaurants though, sorry

I can also confirm it’s possible to do this at Tusker house. Our trip in March we had late breakfast and got to try that and lunch for breakfast price. Not only was it not frowned upon our sever mentioned it in advance and encouraged us to save room for the lunch.

I had a ADR at CP around 10am last year, got seated maybe 15 minutes past adr time. There was 2 buffets line for breakfast as it got later, they closed one side and switched the food over to lunch items. You could get from both sides.

I had a ADR at CP around 10am last year, got seated maybe 15 minutes past adr time. There was 2 buffets line for breakfast as it got later, they closed one side and switched the food over to lunch items. You could get from both sides.
That’s what we just ended up experiencing also. Thank you! I’ll come back and report on Akershus. We are headed there tomorrow. :)

My son was at CP recently with a 10:45 ADR. He got seated around 11 and there was still a breakfast line but they were out of breakfast lasagna and french toast so he said he would not do that again.

We always get a 10:20 reservation at Tusker House to do exactly this. 10:30 might be a bit late if you primarily prefer breakfast foods in case you get seated a few minutes later than expected.

Garden Grill is breakfast OR lunch since its family style. They won't bring lunch food if you have a breakfast reservation. Still a great place to go though for breakfast!

As folks have said, Akershus had a pretty obvious break when they changed over from tables eating breakfast to specifically lunch tables. However we had a really wonderful meal where my husband enjoyed the meats and cheeses plus some potato casserole, bacon, and apple pastry - not too “breakfasty” for him. The variety was great.

We did have one small basic thing on the lunch menu that we wanted to try. The lefse is much discussed with my husband’s side of the family, some of whom have Norwegian heritage. So I’m not sure it can always be accommodated, but we politely inquired with our server if there was any way it was possible, and they were able to bring us some. It was my daughter’s first time (in her memory) trying it. 😊

Overall I think it was a terrific compromise meal we both (and the kids) enjoyed.

21114B60-A105-434A-A4D3-916BDC9C9138.jpeg

As folks have said, Akershus had a pretty obvious break when they changed over from tables eating breakfast to specifically lunch tables. However we had a really wonderful meal where my husband enjoyed the meats and cheeses plus some potato casserole, bacon, and apple pastry - not too “breakfasty” for him. The variety was great.

We did have one small basic thing on the lunch menu that we wanted to try. The lefse is much discussed with my husband’s side of the family, some of whom have Norwegian heritage. So I’m not sure it can always be accommodated, but we politely inquired with our server if there was any way it was possible, and they were able to bring us some. It was my daughter’s first time (in her memory) trying it. 😊

Overall I think it was a terrific compromise meal we both (and the kids) enjoyed.

View attachment 774812
Every visit to Epcot we stop in the small bakery there in Norway to purchase lefse. Soooo good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter