[B]BLT at Christmas not sure what to do[/B]

dbs1228

DIS Veteran
Right now I have BLT 2 bedroom standard booked for 9 nights x-mas to New Years and just realized that the standard rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor and there are very few. I am a balcony dweller and I am not excited about being that low down. I just looked at our reservation and figured out if we fly out 1 day later and got a lake view room we would actually save points! We could not fly out until the evening the day we were going to leave (getting us into mco after 7PM) and would instead take a early morning flight the next day. I cannot decide what to do and the airfare and schedules are obviously not out yet!
Has anyone stayed that far down at BLT and what are your thoughts? I prefer flying in the afternoon/evening better then early morning but to save points and get a better location I would consider it!

Right now I have BLT 2 bedroom standard booked for 9 nights x-mas to New Years and just realized that the standard rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor and there are very few. I am a balcony dweller and I am not excited about being that low down. I just looked at our reservation and figured out if we fly out 1 day later and got a lake view room we would actually save points! We could not fly out until the evening the day we were going to leave (getting us into mco after 7PM) and would instead take a early morning flight the next day. I cannot decide what to do and the airfare and schedules are obviously not out yet!
Has anyone stayed that far down at BLT and what are your thoughts? I prefer flying in the afternoon/evening better then early morning but to save points and get a better location I would consider it!

I have stayed in a BLT standard studio, first floor. We had a nice view of the marina @ the Contemporary. However, Christmas to NY I would prefer a higher room with a lake view - parks are crazy and we'd spend more time in the room than during other times of the year.

If you love your balcony you will probably not be happy in standard view (which does include some 3rd floor rooms). If you will be on the balcony a lot then you will probably prefer a higher room. You could easily end up on the first floor and have a patio that is not private at all- the rooms in the back don't have anything marking where the patio ends and the public area starts.

Thanks for the feed back it is kind of what I thought! My decision would be much easier if I knew what the airlines were doing as far as price and schedule.

you could also keep the same flight plans and stay the first night in a moderate and then move over to BLT for the rest of the time.

you could also go for a lock out - I know that is not what you want. but then you might get the 5th floor.

even now you might - because we do not know where the rooms are located that were MK and will be standard - but they are probably on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

you could also keep the same flight plans and stay the first night in a moderate and then move over to BLT for the rest of the time.
I was thinking the same thing. Book the Lake View, stay the arrival night at an off-site hotel (like the one in the airport), then go to WDW the next day.

Arriving at 7PM, you could get some supper, relax in the hotel after the flight and get to bed early, then get up early and head to the World.

ETA: If you are renting a car, you could still drive to DTD for a taste of the Mouse. If you are using ME, staying on or near the airport will allow you to be ready for the early buses.

Thanks everyone I am taking your advise, changed the reservation to arrive on the 26th and if we do fly in on the 25th we will stay offsite somewhere.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter