[B][I]QUICK Question[/I][/B]

DizDaD7

Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.
I'm Looking into buying. Its BLT or AKL. Now the cost is higher initially at BLT but over the years the MF's are cheaper. The question is, If I never choose my Home place(BLT) to vacation, and get 1 of the other places (which have higher M F's) Do I get charged those fees, or a transfer charge or something. I ' d only be doing it this way because I'm not sure I can book up to 10 months in advance anyhow,which means the home base preferencei sn't a total factor in terms of early booking, so I figure if I pay the lower MFees Do they charge me for switching from my Home base.

I'm Looking into buying. Its BLT or AKL. Now the cost is higher initially at BLT but over the years the MF's are cheaper. The question is, If I never choose my Home place(BLT) to vacation, and get 1 of the other places (which have higher M F's) Do I get charged those fees, or a transfer charge or something. I ' d only be doing it this way because I'm not sure I can book up to 10 months in advance anyhow,which means the home base preferencei sn't a total factor in terms of early booking, so I figure if I pay the lower MFees Do they charge me for switching from my Home base.

Quite honestly, if you are never going to book your home resort much over 7 months, I would buy resale at either SSR or OKW as you could get those points at $75-$80 per point right now and the MF's aren't that much higher...

To answer you question they do not charge and kind of transfer fee. At 7 months you can book at any of the resorts. You will be charged yearly MF based on your home resort only. If MF fee are the key for you then you may want to do the BLT's. But I agree that if you can't book out of 7 months you can get a better deal on resale. Maybe figure out how many years you would take in lower MF to make up the extra outlay!

What you pay for MF this year at your home resort will not be what you pay next year. MF continue to go up each year. There was a year or two when one or two resorts did go down by a few cents, but for the most part, dues go up annually.

Also, dues tend to be somewhat lower while a resort is being built and first sold. There is no guarantee that BLT's dues will continue to be the lowest.

Also, dues tend to be somewhat lower while a resort is being built and first sold. There is no guarantee that BLT's dues will continue to be the lowest.

But I think one reason the MF's are so low is because the points to stay there are high. This spreads some of the cost of the resort to those who stay there, not just the owners. Looks like they are following the same strategy for VGC...

To answer your question, no, there are no fees for staying at a resort other than your home resort. But if you're never going to stay at BLT, why pay a premium to buy there? As tidefan said, you can pick up OKW or SSR for quite a bit less, and if you're not going to be able to book more than 7 months out, the home resort advantage is meaningless for you anyway.

As for dues, BLT hasn't even begun operating yet. The dues could end up being toward the high end, or towards the lower end. There's just no way to know at this point, and I surely wouldn't make a purchase decision based on speculation about what will happen with the dues.

There are no fees for other DVC resorts. There is a $95 fee for non-DVC WDW resorts and other trade-outs. They are not currently charging the fee for DL but that may change when GCV opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter