babies at the park

I think it is up to your own personal opinion and what works best for the baby and your family.

However, we just got back from a week stay on friday and my son is 4 months and he loved it. Will he remember the trip.....no. Will my wife & I.......yes. Will my Sister, BIL, Niece and FIL...yes. Do we have a lot on video......yes, and a bunch of great pictures too.

I had more people come up to me and smile at my son (I carried him in a snugli most of the time) than I can think of. He loved the sights, sounds, bangs, crashes, music, and people all around.

I think depriving your family, no matter how old or young the kids, of being on vacation, any vacation with family, is somthing that you will never get back. I will cherish this first trip, our first "family" vacation and will never forget it........and I have video to prove it :)

Just my 2 cents - Eck

trip- In the case of someone who only plans to take one trip, I agree, wait until they are older.

But I don't understand the argument that "they won't remember anything". Isn't that true of everything they do? My DS is 3 now, and I'm sure he doesn't remember being taken to the park, or the beach, or anywhere else when he was an infant. But does that mean we shouldn't have taken him? Of course not.

The key is expectations. The poster who commented they had overheard a dad yell at their toddler that they "had paid good money for the trip and they were going to enjoy it or else", has hit it on the head. If you take a 2 year old and expect them to act like a 10 year old, you've got problems. But if you expect them to act like a 2 year old, and go with that, you'll be fine.

DS's first trip to WDW was for a week surrounding his second birthday. Of course not every attraction was right for him, but he had fun, and he does remember pieces of it. We know because every once in awhile he would refer to an incident or image, or most frequently, some music he heard only on that trip. His first trip to DL/DCA was in August, just before his third birthday, and he had an absolute blast!

As is usually the case, its up to the parent(s) to set the right expectations and understand the child's limitations. If they do that, all will have a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter