• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baby sling (w/baby) allowed on "gentle" rides?

mpbdlb

Earning My Ears
Was wondering if I'd be allowed on the gentle attractions while wearing a baby sling (w/ our 5-mo. old DD safely and snugly inside of course!) :-)

By gentle, I mean pretty much everything except BTMR, Splash Mtn., Space Mtn., Alien, Body Wars, Test Track, RnR, Star Tours, ToT & Dinosaur. We'll baby swap on those. I also don't think I would take her on Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (too much rear-ending).

How about Kilimanjaro Safaris? And Kali River Rapids?

Advice, warnings, experiences - all will be appreciated. We leave for WDW on 5/10. Thanks!

Yes, you could take baby in a sling on anything that dosen't have a height requirement. IIRC Kali River Rapid has a 38" height restriction so that is out. I would also skip the teacups! I did The safari and that was fine as well.

TJ

I "wore" our 5 month old baby on everything last year. Well, everything without a height requirement as the last poster said.

I even wore him on the teacups--we just didn't spin much. It is actually a lot easier than carrying a baby. You have your hands free so getting on and off, carrying diaper bag etc is a cinch.

Five months is an easy time to take a baby to the World. Have a great time!

I agree my DD was 9 mos last spring when she went her first time. I found it easier to just carry her around in the carrier than to use the stroller. We did all the rides that were not height restricted. She really enjoyed herself.

I did the stroller and carry her on rides gig with my DD6mo on her first trip, but no problems as long as there was no height restriction. I think DD6mo went on more rides that DD3.5 who was afraid of a lot of rides. DD6mo had a blast on all the rides she went on and even fell asleep in IASW and POC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter