Baby swap/rider swap questions

corkevem

Mouseketeer
I've never had to use the baby swap, but am thinking of inviting my son, daughter in law and their 2 year old son along on a Disneyland trip. I will be taking my 16 year old daughter also. How does the baby swap work? How many can go on with the second group after handing the baby off to the first group of riders? I've searched this forum but most questions on this was from at least two years ago, and I know Disney changes things.

I'm sure there are more savvy tips on this, but we traveled with our baby in May and did rider swap. The baby wasn't even allowed to be in the queue so we spoke with the CMs at the entrances. They issued us basically handwritten fast passes for a certain number of riders (for us, it was 3 - one parent and the two kids who could ride). One parent went on the ride with the two kids. When they got off, we handed off the baby and the other parent rode with the two kids. The CM gave instructions on where to come back - sometimes it was the exit to the ride, sometimes it was to the fast pass entrance. It was nice as it basically meant the kids got to ride twice with very minimal wait in between. CMs were informative and helpful. I wish I knew the answer to your question on how many they will let ride again - I'm going to guess the whole group.

When I last used Rider Swap (a couple of years) and from most all reports I've read/heard since, the usual number is 3 (the holder of the rider swap card, plus two others).

My cousins are both 4 years old, they can't ride Space Mountain and such, is baby swap an option for their parents at that age?

The baby wasn't even allowed to be in the queue so we spoke with the CMs at the entrances.

Yes, correct. At Disney babies don't go into the lines. Sometimes there's a line-up before you get to the actual line, so you'll wait until you get to your first CM. Once you reach the first CM for that line (queue), you talk about rider switch (baby swap), they'll let you know the process for that ride on that day, and then the waiting person goes off with the child. (hint! DO something with the child! Don't just sit there. Make sure everyone can communicate with each other, and go off and do something...it was a rookie mistake of mine at Indy where I learned that LOL)

My daughter will be thrilled to hear that! We've got a baby and a toddler and I know she was worried they'd "hold her back".

Yes. If the child(ren) don't meet the height requirement then you can do rider swap.

If I remember correctly, you can also get a Rider Switch pass even if the child meets the height requirement. My younger daughter wants nothing to do with fast rides. She cannot wait alone, so we'll get a rider switch pass. I'm not sure what age it phases out. Probably when the child looks old enough to be able to wait on his/her own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter