Back from short trip to WDW and Sea World

Michigan

Mom of the Rolling Crew
On our way to Ft Lauderdale for out cruise we stopped at WDW for the day. We stayed at Disney's Riverside in a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower. Because the accessible room only has a king bed I was also give the connecting room too. The hotel was very accessible, however it was a long way to the food court. We didn't mind because the path was all accessible. We did the bus for the first time in a long time because having 2 kids in wheelchairs if there are other wheelchairs waiting we can get there much faster by driving. The trip going we got a bus with a ramp that worked great and had easy tie downs. The trip back to the hotel we had one of the old busses.

After our cruise we went back to Orlando and did a day at Sea World. When I went up to get the tickets I took both girls with me and asked if they had a discount for disabled and she said yes so 4 of us got in for the price of 2. My Father went with us and has gout so he rented a EVC. I felt like I should have been carrying a sign saying wheelchair line leader.

a little yellow flag would have been good - just like so many other leaders of groups!!! All chairs - westward ho!

Hope all went well, glad to hear that SW still has discounts.

intersting story..

I took my dear sister (since deceased - damn it) to London in September... i rented a wheelchair so she could get around comfortably .. anyway, at the Palace and Queen's Gallery etc.. the wheelchair companion gets in free. Sound a little similar to SW..

You know the funny thing about that wheelchair in london? I broke my wrist our first day there (although we didn't know it..) we had quite the laugh that with me not being able to drive her chair well and her not being able to walk far distances made us quite a pair!!! ha ha!!! a little similar to your situation.

I forgot to post that since we were last at WDW (2001) the Buzz Lightyear wheelchair car has been replaced with one that now spins like the rest.

Also, the lift on the jungle boat works great!

We haven't used the Jungle Cruise boat yet. Looking forward to it in April.

Hi Mom of rolling crew! Glad to hear you had a good time. We went last summer since dsMichael died. We had a good time,but it was different.

This is the first that I have heard of discounts at SeaWorld for disabled. Is this only for children? We are planning a Florida vacation in December 2005 - for 3 adults and one teenager. Two of the adults are disabled and in wheelchairs. Would we qualify for the discount you mentioned? Do you just ask for it when you approach the ticket counter? Is this a standard policy, or might it depend on the attitude of the ticket seller on duty that day? Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

JoannaOhio it is a discount for anyone in a wheelchair. Just have them with you when you get to the ticket counter and the 2 in wheelchairs will get half off their ticket and 2 other people in your party will get half off to be their attendant.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I know that December is still a long way off, but I do love to plan ahead. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter