"BACK TO THE FUTURE - THE RIDE" NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Should they get rid of Back To The Future: The Ride?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I rode it for the first (and last) time last week.

Very bumpy, movie wasn't clear and it just wasn't that great, imo. I'm glad I had the chance to try it, though. My boys thought it was great.

We loved BTTF the first time we rode it in 2003. Later that week, we rode it again, and my husband and I both had headaches from getting bounced around. Rode it last year, and felt queasy and had a headache. I loved the idea of the ride, but it was just too much bouncing and head smacking going on. I'm looking forward to the replacement.

I will miss this ride. I really like Spider Man & The Hulk coaster at IOA, too. Hope they stay for a while. :sad2:

lg3 said:
It is the best thing going - LOVED the ride. Yes, it was a bit too bumpy, but couldn't they work that out? I don't know if it is even worth it IMO to go to Universal anymore now.

My son is going to miss the ride too, but USO has way more to offer than this ride & it's a little extreme saying it's not worth going to USO because BTTF is gone :confused3 .

If they could change or update it so it is a smoother ride and a clearer picture that would be great, but it's not going to happen.

I personally dread riding it. I can handle any type of ride or coaster, but the last time I rode it, it gave me a headache.

See you!!!! Glad to see it go. It needs to be a ride of the future and not take us back to the future. Speaking of back--it always hurt after that ride!!! :wave:

There is a new attraction already scheduled to go in, which has been in the works for quite some time. The closure is a done deal, polls not withstanding.

Bummer. I liked it.

The last time I rode it I was stuck in the corner and it made me sick (I liked Mission Space!!!) so I won't be sad to see it go (even though it is a classic)

This poll will be submitted to Universal Studios for the highest bar in the poll in 6 days.

Your poll worked! It's still there 3 months later. Did you submit it to Universal? Although the majority said to can it. ;)

The fact that the ride is still open, I believe, has more to do with licensing than it does with a poll or petition.

I'm not "happy" to see it go, but it isn't going to bother me either. We no longer ride it. My family loves all types of thrill rides, but the BTTF ride is way too bumpy/jerky. Trust me, there can be too much. Spiderman spins and has a lot of sudden moves, ect., but it's really smooth and doesn't make me feel like I've been in a fight with a bear afterwards like BTTF. Does anyone have an idea what will take it's place? We'll be there at Easter. Will it be open then?

No one knows but Universal big wigs.....and I'm not sure they really know whats going on.

I remember hearing back in the day that this was closing...actually a little surprised it's still around. Last time I rode was a looooong time ago. It's a little sad to hear folks talk about how it seems to be falling apart.

My family and I love BTTF. It's the trademark of USO. We never feel quezy or have headaches when we get off. I heard that it's certain to become the Simpsons Ride. Is this true?

Again...nothing is known. This thing was supposed to have closed by Oct. 1st of last year. Simpsons was only a rumor, and nothing was confirmed, though I heard from insiders that yeah....it was supposed to be that. But things fell apart and now they dont know what is going in, if anything at all. They may just leave it as is for the time being.

Well I went to US about a week ago, and this ride made my whole family extremley sick. The lady in the front of the car even threw up......

Sorry US fans but BTTF is the worst ride I have EVER been on. A huge dissapointment!

Wow. That stinks. This was my favorite ride at US, granted I only have been to USH 2 years ago and went on BTTF 20 plus times in one day.. I never thought of BTTF as being really bumpy, yes it was a bit bumpy, but that's what I liked about it. I guess I have to stick to my love for turbulance on the airplane rides:laughing: And I guess I'm not going to USO now. Fun-ruiner:sad2:

^^^

BTTF is still operating. If/when it closes, it will be posted on here, IOACentral, screamscape, etc. Until then, it's operating, so don't cancel your trip because of this rumor.

Wow. That stinks. This was my favorite ride at US, granted I only have been to USH 2 years ago and went on BTTF 20 plus times in one day.. I never thought of BTTF as being really bumpy, yes it was a bit bumpy, but that's what I liked about it. I guess I have to stick to my love for turbulance on the airplane rides:laughing: And I guess I'm not going to USO now. Fun-ruiner:sad2:

Sorry but I have never EVER had any problems with rides EVER. But BTTF made me feel extremley sick. It was just to bumpy and the screen was all blury and gah... I did not enjoy it 1 bit.

I don't know what happened to BTTF. On our early trips to USF in 2002-03, we loved it! But the last few times we went, it seemed so much jerkier that I remembered. Last year I swore I would never get back on it again.

When we were there in December the place looked like a ghost town, although one side was open. Nobody was stopping there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter