• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad information about renting points on the Resorts board

JodyTG

A new pair of shoes can change your life.
I think that I'm going to stay off of the Resorts board from now on to stop me from being tempted to post as the DVC Police. There seems to be a lot of bad information being given from former renters about renting points.

The one I saw today that irked me was that you could get some extra towels from the pool to use in the villa.

So, I'll just stay here on the DVC boards with my family members where it's nice and peaceful.
:hippie:

I think that I'm going to stay off of the Resorts board from now on to stop me from being tempted to post as the DVC Police. There seems to be a lot of bad information being given from former renters about renting points.

The one I saw today that irked me was that you could get some extra towels from the pool to use in the villa.

So, I'll just stay here on the DVC boards with my family members where it's nice and peaceful.
:hippie:

This is the problem, people who rent points expect hotel service from a timeshare. I wonder if those same people wash their towels at home everyday?

This is the problem, people who rent points expect hotel service from a timeshare. I wonder if those same people wash their towels at home everyday?

Don't go there, I think we had a thread either here or somewhere on the DIS boards about clean towels everyday. Someone claimed her family always had clean towels at home. Geez I have other things to do than continually doing :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: .

I know that there tends to be more problems often with those folks who have rented points and are not fully aware of how trash and towel works. When we were at BWV last December we overheard a couple complaining in the hallway to a cast member that they were not getting room service every day. The lady was complaining that the beds were not made and so on. The cast member was explaining that rooms do not get serviced every day. The couple began flipping out. After much more into the conversation I overheard the man saying he rented these points and was not being treated fairly because of that. I really felt sorry for the cast member because it appeared that no matter how much she kept trying to explain how the trash and towel days work and so on they were demanding to have their room cleaned immediately. I dont know what came of the ordeal as we had left the area of the conversation.

I know that there tends to be more problems often with those folks who have rented points and are not fully aware of how trash and towel works. When we were at BWV last December we overheard a couple complaining in the hallway to a cast member that they were not getting room service every day. The lady was complaining that the beds were not made and so on. The cast member was explaining that rooms do not get serviced every day. The couple began flipping out. After much more into the conversation I overheard the man saying he rented these points and was not being treated fairly because of that. I really felt sorry for the cast member because it appeared that no matter how much she kept trying to explain how the trash and towel days work and so on they were demanding to have their room cleaned immediately. I dont know what came of the ordeal as we had left the area of the conversation.

That's a real shame, if people are going to rent their points they should at least explain how the system works to their renters.

We had a couple on the trip from SSR to airport on DME, say the samething. Another family and I (I assumed they were either DVC'ers or cash ressies like us) we were just basking in the glow from our stay and they were had absolutely nothing good to say(no maid service or clean towels). I didn't know about point renting then, but in hindsight that's what they had done.

Though the funniest thing were the DDP family trying to take their last CS meal on the DME and wanted the bus driver to drop the trays off at SSR on his return trip! :rotfl2: . They didn't get on, perhaps they waited for the next bus.

Wow, what a fun day for THAT cast member. I haven't heard anything like that, but our first DVC stay (as owners) we came back to BCV late at night and it was like an obstacle course trying to walk through the halls between trash bags, used towels, and room service trays littering the hallway in front of doors. I guess that's what you get when you're at the very end of the hallway. I hoped that at least the trash bags and towels weren't from DVC owners.

Our last trip we didn't see any of that, though. Nope, the only problem this past December was a lady staying at the Beach Club (not the villas) doing her laundry in our member laundry room.

...Our last trip we didn't see any of that, though. Nope, the only problem this past December was a lady staying at the Beach Club (not the villas) doing her laundry in our member laundry room.

They have locks on the laundry rooms at SSR that require a room key to open the door. Maybe they need them on all the laundry rooms at DVC resorts.

They have locks on the laundry rooms at SSR that require a room key to open the door. Maybe they need them on all the laundry rooms at DVC resorts.

You're right; this would be a real plus! I just couldn't believe that she'd lug that much laundry so far (through the lobby no less) just to save a few bucks. THAT would embarrass me and I'm not really that easily embarrassed.

Actually, the laundry rooms at OKW have card readers, but I don't think they've ever been turned on. But then again, OKW and SSR are dedicated DVC resorts (as opposed to hotel/DVC combos) so everyone is entitiled to use the laundry room.

Or are you saying people actually lug their laundry to SSR from a DtD non-Disney resort?

The laundry locks at SSR activate at 11 PM. I was doing laundry late one night and sitting by the Congress Park pool and heard a "click". When I went back to put the load in the dryer the door was locked. My room key unlocked it.

The laundry locks at SSR activate at 11 PM. I was doing laundry late one night and sitting by the Congress Park pool and heard a "click". When I went back to put the load in the dryer the door was locked. My room key unlocked it.

Maybe they do the same thing at OKW, I've never done laundry that late.

The locks at SSR work really well. I had been to the Spa , and was waiting for the bus. I crossed the street to the pool area and tried to use the bathroom, it was locked . I used my keycard from BWV and of course it didn't work. I had to go BADDDDDD . Bus came and thought I hope I make it <G>

The locks at SSR work really well. I had been to the Spa , and was waiting for the bus. I crossed the street to the pool area and tried to use the bathroom, it was locked . I used my keycard from BWV and of course it didn't work. I had to go BADDDDDD . Bus came and thought I hope I make it <G>

While staying at SSR, I had trouble with the door to the mens room near the main pool. I thought it was locked and my resort key would not open it. A CM explained the door was not locked at that time of day. The door was just stuck and needed an extra tug. I had no problems after that.

I agree! I wonder how much the renters look into the system too?

I think its like anything else - some people know what they are getting. Others put their blinders on. It doesn't help when people are told they are getting "a Deluxe resort for what you'd pay for a Value." I don't know about you guys, but if I thought I was getting a Deluxe resort, I'd expect my bed made and towels changed every day, too!

I think its like anything else - some people know what they are getting. Others put their blinders on. It doesn't help when people are told they are getting "a Deluxe resort for what you'd pay for a Value." I don't know about you guys, but if I thought I was getting a Deluxe resort, I'd expect my bed made and towels changed every day, too!

I am sure they are too busy telling their friends they are staying at BCV/BWV etc,not mentioning how they got the ressie, letting friends think they paid cash(ooh how :snooty:, they must be rich), to worry about the actual workings of DVC towel service.

Let's also face the fact most rentees(unless a part of Greenban's PDRA group;) ) probably don't bother to enlighten the renter either.

Part of me always wonders hearing stories like this how much THIS situation plays into Disney's starting to make renting more difficult. This sort of thing creates all sorts of issues for Disney - an unhappy guest who tells their friends Disney doesn't clean their hotel rooms every day, a CM who has been abused by a guest - creating turnover issues, time spent by a CM "discussing" the situation with a guest - time that could be spent helping other guests.

There are a lot of downsides for Disney in the rental situation - and the only upside is the pre-sales support it provides.

Part of me always wonders hearing stories like this how much THIS situation plays into Disney's starting to make renting more difficult. This sort of thing creates all sorts of issues for Disney - an unhappy guest who tells their friends Disney doesn't clean their hotel rooms every day, a CM who has been abused by a guest - creating turnover issues, time spent by a CM "discussing" the situation with a guest - time that could be spent helping other guests.

There are a lot of downsides for Disney in the rental situation - and the only upside is the pre-sales support it provides.

Good point. I think it's possible, at least in part.

Hi, I was a renter recently at SSR. I understood that there would be the exchange of the dirty towels for the new towels and garbage pickup on the forth day, so I just washed towels as needed . I found it very convenient with the washer and dryer. I got all the garbage together each morning into one bag and dropped it off in the regular garbage recepticle in front of the villa. I didn't know what I was supposed to do with the garbage until the forth day. I didn't want to keep it around until then. What are you supposed to do with it?? Is there a dumpster somewhere where I should have put it??
Thanks for any replies.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter