Bad Ohana’ is back 😩

bigrigsby71682

Mouseketeer
Just got back from Disney and we have previously been to Ohana 4 times over the last 6 years. I hate to report that they are now trying everything in their power to rush you in and out as fast as possible. We saw our server at the start (he didn’t get our drink order right but that happens and is minor) and then his assistant brought out all 3 courses within 10 minutes of each other. We had all 3 parts of the meal on the table at once. Didn’t see our server for a solid 30 minutes. Then when they took it all away it strangely took forever to get the bread pudding. Server definitely came by with a smile to present the check. Hopefully it isn’t going downhill again.

Try the breakfast instead.

We do that almost every trip and have never been disappointed. Although, that might be due to our booking very early ADRs.

They're particularly good at making yummy gluten-free, dairy-free foods for me.

It has always been inconsistent with some of the servers being the worst we have met at WDW. We however had an excellent meal and server there this August

It has been our favorite restaurant for 15+years. We stay at the poly and it is a MUST do every single trip. But this last time in September it was awful. The noodles are gross and the meats just weren’t good. The price is so high now that we have decided to not go back. It’s ok because there’s plenty of other places to go.

Just went last night. We were not rushed, but we had a 9:10 reservation. My only complaint was the steak was extra rare. I don’t like rare steak. I told them it was to rare for us. They brought more and it wasn’t cooked anymore than the first batch. We just decided to forget about the steak and get dessert. The rest was good and the bread pudding yummy.

I hate to pile on but this was a one and done for us as well although it was 5 years ago. The food was fine but service was horrendously bad. Worst I’ve ever had at Disney. I left a 10% tip which I regret. I should have left nothing and complained to management.

I know many people have good experiences here but knowing that almost make it more frustrating. Why are they so inconsistent?

We ditched Ohana last year. We were able to snag a Kona Cafe ADR a few weeks ago and it was excellent in both food and service. The server offered us coffee *to go* which we gladly accepted. Capt'n Cooks was a bummer as the Tonga Toast has about a teaspoon of banana in the center and was dry as can be. We always looked forward to breakfast there, but I guess they are cheaping out on .39 bananas, really? DH had the breakfast platter and left fat and happy LOL!

It’s one of those things about Ohana - it’s notoriously inconsistent. And has been for many many years.

We still loved it and would just reorder dishes that didn’t come out to our satisfaction. However, after an amazing meal in August, we had a super inconsistent meal in October with a server who did his best to avoid us.

I reflected a lot after that meal as we are die-hard Ohana fans. But they finally got me at $60pp. I could handle the inconsistency at $40pp. Even $50pp didn’t stop me. $60pp has been the straw that broke this camel’s back and it will be a while before we return.

It’s a LOT of money when our favourite parts of the meal are the noodles, potstickers and wings. (And the bread pudding lol)

I think of the food I eat every trip at say HBD, for much less than 60 pp, and it’s easy to never want to go back to Ohana. Maybe when enough complain they will do something, but doubtful.

I think of the food I eat every trip at say HBD, for much less than 60 pp, and it’s easy to never want to go back to Ohana. Maybe when enough complain they will do something, but doubtful.

Changes won't happen because people complain. It will happen only when they stop filling every ADR slot every night. Once the bottom line starts to get affected is when we'll see some real changes there.

For such a similar price, I would pick Hoop Dee Doo every time. My last trip to Ohana, all the meats tasted like whatever they were cooked on.

'Ohana is like SNL. Everyone thinks it's not as good as it used to be, regardless of when "used to be" is to them. The truth is, just like SNL, it's always been occasionally good, usually mediocre, and often terrible.

I’ve never been to ‘Ohana but I now have a vivid mental picture of what it’s like, thank you! :rotfl:

I've never been able to figure out how they rush you out, short of push your chair out the door.
You are seated and can remain seated as long as you want. The longer they take to serve you, return to the table, just means the longer it takes you to finish, no?
The entire story just doesn't make sense to me
Your server doesn't return to bring what you need, ask someone else. Easy concept

I've never been able to figure out how they rush you out, short of push your chair out the door.
You are seated and can remain seated as long as you want. The longer they take to serve you, return to the table, just means the longer it takes you to finish, no?
The entire story just doesn't make sense to me
Your server doesn't return to bring what you need, ask someone else. Easy concept

Like it’s been said many many times in many threads over many years, they rush you by bringing all the courses within a short time of one another. It’s not unique to this restaurant, but it’s definitely a real thing and a terrible practice by restaurants that want to turn over tables more quickly. Then they do the disappearing act so you can’t ask for refills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter