Bad Trip Burn-out

I'm just impressed that you are used to putting pages together before you go. Heck, I still have several trips I haven't yet scrapped. I make a point of sitting down and journaling the entire trip as soon as I get home. Then when I'm finally ready to scrap, the thoughts are all still there.

This is what I do too, journal right after the trip and scrap later. It might help to let some time pass before you scrap the trip if some parts were less than enjoyable. Journaling right away will help so you don't forget anything you do want to remember.

I can relate to this and I know it's hard. We just returned 2 weeks ago. Our entire family went all 6 of us and my middle daughter's BF of 2 years and best friend for the previous 6 yrs. They lived together the last year. She moved 9 hrs from home for him and gave up a wonderful job to do that. He went with us, was in every one of our family photos, etc ( I also bought MM) Then he broke up with her the day she returned...totally blindsided her. ( while there at WDW promised her they would return and stay at the Poly for their honeymoon :rolleyes:) Needless to say she is hearbroken, we are sad for her and angry at him. I have no idea how to scrap this trip or if I ever will. We have since discovered he planned to do this all along when they returned. WHY? Sorry...probably too much info , thanks for listening. At least he could have said...why dont you get a picture of just your family? Let me take it... IDK just very angry still...too fresh! She was the biggest lover of Disney of all of us ...she now refers to it as "the castle of lies" :(

I can relate to this and I know it's hard. We just returned 2 weeks ago. Our entire family went all 6 of us and my middle daughter's BF of 2 years and best friend for the previous 6 yrs. They lived together the last year. She moved 9 hrs from home for him and gave up a wonderful job to do that. He went with us, was in every one of our family photos, etc ( I also bought MM) Then he broke up with her the day she returned...totally blindsided her. ( while there at WDW promised her they would return and stay at the Poly for their honeymoon :rolleyes:) Needless to say she is hearbroken, we are sad for her and angry at him. I have no idea how to scrap this trip or if I ever will. We have since discovered he planned to do this all along when they returned. WHY? Sorry...probably too much info , thanks for listening. At least he could have said...why dont you get a picture of just your family? Let me take it... IDK just very angry still...too fresh! She was the biggest lover of Disney of all of us ...she now refers to it as "the castle of lies" :(

Oh my! What a jerk!!! I am so sorry for your DD. I hope you all have moved her back home till she can get on her feet and a new job. Just remind her that all bad things happen for a reason and it is best she found out now that he is a real jerk ( I have another non-Disney name for him too.. well a few names). Remind her also that it is NOT Disney's fault, it will take time for that wound to heal, but that Disney can make her dreams come true..she just doesn't realize that dream is still waiting for her.... :hug:

As for the trip.. I probably wouldn't scrap it either.....unless I could photoshop his sorry butt out of my photos!

Oh my! What a jerk!!! I am so sorry for your DD. I hope you all have moved her back home till she can get on her feet and a new job. Just remind her that all bad things happen for a reason and it is best she found out now that he is a real jerk ( I have another non-Disney name for him too.. well a few names). Remind her also that it is NOT Disney's fault, it will take time for that wound to heal, but that Disney can make her dreams come true..she just doesn't realize that dream is still waiting for her.... :hug:

As for the trip.. I probably wouldn't scrap it either.....unless I could photoshop his sorry butt out of my photos!

Thanks PrincessNancy...we have moved her back home and are trying to help her realize that she can do better and it best she found out now. I think a year or so from now she will have that 20/20 hindsight. I still hope that one day when the real Mr Right comes along she will get her fantasy proposal in front of Cinderella's castle. Right now we are taking things one day at a time.

Oh my! :grouphug: I'm so sorry for the mess he caused. But hopefully soon enough she'll see that it was better to sacrifice one trip and find out now what he is really like. I bet she'll come back stronger than ever, determined to have a great "do-over" trip at some point.

I'd have a hard time scrapping that too. But time and some perspective could change that for you. Sometimes scrapping the really hard things can be quite therapeutic. I hope you can get to that point. Although I'd probably try to crop him out of the photos!

Oh my! :grouphug: I'm so sorry for the mess he caused. But hopefully soon enough she'll see that it was better to sacrifice one trip and find out now what he is really like. I bet she'll come back stronger than ever, determined to have a great "do-over" trip at some point.

I'd have a hard time scrapping that too. But time and some perspective could change that for you. Sometimes scrapping the really hard things can be quite therapeutic. I hope you can get to that point. Although I'd probably try to crop him out of the photos!

I wish I was an expert at photoshop and I would seriously photoshop him out of all the photos and out Mickey in his place! :) Thanks for your kind words. He was not a big Disney fan so I should have known he wasn't "the one" ;)

He was not a big Disney fan so I should have known he wasn't "the one" ;)

Well, that surely must have been the first clue. I hope she bounces back quickly and finds the right Disney loving person. :wizard:

I wish I was an expert at photoshop and I would seriously photoshop him out of all the photos and out Mickey in his place! :) Thanks for your kind words. He was not a big Disney fan so I should have known he wasn't "the one" ;)

I'm clueless at photoshop but if I got to the point of wanting to scrap the trip I'd put a Disney character sticker right over the top of him in every photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter