Bahamas/Caribbean in October?

ForeverAfter

Mouseketeer
We just got back from Disney and are ready to start planning our next vacation, lol! We just started looking, so nothing has been decided and would love to get some feedback. Our one and only cruise was our honeymoon in 2004, this time we will also have our kids (4 & 7). We were thinking about the Anthem of the Seas, October 2016 departing from NJ. Anyone know what weather we can expect? Is it better book directly online or work with a travel agent? Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated!

Hot hot hot and more hot. Once you get to the Caribbean/Bahamas, at least.

And possibly hurricane-y. (hurricane season is from some point in June into November)

I research everythnig online (the message boards on www.cruisecritic.com are terrific...while we here at the Dis work to get our knowledge base to that point, many of us still post there LOL) and I book with a TA if they are offering me something.

Check out the owner/sponsor of these boards, Dreams Unlimited. (I assume I don't have to type out the URL of them, LOL) They have this board here because they book Royal cruises. I personally use www.costcotravel.com because they have terrific incentives (with Royal they give OBC, unlike with Disney where you get a giftcard after the cruise) and I'm self-sufficient and don't need hand-holding.

Generally, we usually book our cruises with a travel agent because most travel agents offer some sort of on-board credit. My wife and I used DU for our DCL cruise this past September and we were very happy with them. I tried to convince my parents to use DU for our upcoming family cruise on RCCL, but they decided they wanted to stick with the agent they usually use.

I hate the weather question because in all honesty it is 100% hit and miss. It could be warm, it could be chilly. It could be windy, the air could be stagnant. The seas can be smooth as glass or they can be rough. Some people refuse to cruise at certain times of the year, others only cruise that same time of the year. There is no telling what your weather or seas will be like.

My sister and BIL cruised the Quantum this past march and loved it. They plan on booking the Anthem for them and their kids while we are on our upcoming family trip.

I have a upcoming cruise booked for October. From my research it's the same as what the others say the weather can really vary. I was originally looking at Bermuda but when I read due to hurricanes the ship could be diverted to Halifax I chose Caribbean. I don't hate Halifax but it will be cold in October. The prices are better in October and I figure it's the bonus you get for taking a chance on the weather.

This is only my second cruise so I booked through an agent. Most vacations I like to book myself. I booked through an bricks and mortar Expedia agent. I'm Canadian so the best deal is going to be paying in CAN $ but I've seen that most US agents give a OBC bonus.

My DH just called AAA for prices and it was exactly the same as I can get booking online. Is that the same for travel agents? Is there a benefit for booking through a travel agent vs booking yourself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter