Balancing Parks, Rest and Birthdays! A July 2023 Trip Report

I love the storybook dining dinner! Kind of sad the appetizers aren't in the little jars and presentations they've been before, but I agree probably easier to dig right into! I really wish I had been able to stay more days of my race trip last year to eat there and bring my medals to take a pic with Dopey. Maybe I should do it next time I go just because!!
They did still have the kids appetizer in the flower pot with the make your own butter.

And you DEF should!!!! who cares when the race was!!!

Dinner looked so good. We haven't been there since 2019 and I'm ready to go back. I just need to work on everyone else.

Great last night in MK. If I had my choice I would always end with MK. Seeing HEA and riding the People Mover is perfect.

Glad you all, for the most part, enjoyed your dinner. Our server at Territory Lounge said you can order the mushroom bisque soup there if you want. So if you do find yourself over at WL in a few weeks...

That's great that you were able to knock out so many attractions on your last night! Back to back BTMRR is the best. :goodvibes
But my gosh, that post-fireworks hub debacle sounds terrible. Talk about stressful.

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

I am going to wrap up this trip report this morning! I have very little notes, and almost no picutres... so it will be text heavy... Sorry. BUT..... We leave for our next trip in 13 days!!! Woo Hoo! I ..... cannot...... wait!

Day Ten Travel Day

In the planning phase, the plan was a later flight so we ould enjoy the resort or maybe go to Disney Springs again or something....

We spent the morning in the room, packing, relaxing. At some point we had requested a late check out. Which really only buys you an extra hour or so....

Untitled
Around 11:00, we decided to go over to Riveria again for lunch. We ordered food and found a table. While we waited, I went outside to Bar Riva and ordered a drink. They had a special called "The Summer Heat", it was a Watermelon drink with Tajin on the rim. It was delish!

Andy ordered a burger also with Romano Fries
IMG_2453
Andy said this was pretty good.

I went with the Italian Sandwich again but this time with Romano Fries
Untitled
(same as last time.. I loved it)

Morgan got the same Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza

And Gwen got a kids Pizza again with double grapes again.
Untitled

After lunch, we headed back to our room. Andy and I switched into bathing suits to take a dip in the pool. The girls didn't want to. So the plan was for them to sit in the lobby with all our bags while we swam.

So, we did the walk of shame to the lobby and found a couch for the girls to sit at.

Andy and I headed to the pool and once again were barely in the pool before it started to rain. Which is a bummer. I was looking forward to just chilling in the pool. But it was pouring at one point. So we got out and we both changed in the bathrooms by the pool.

We joined Morgan and Gwen in the lobby.
IMG_2454
We did alot of this for awhile. I had filled the homecomin water bottle with wine that I still hadn't consumed, so I sipped on that. And I think we were eating the snacks from the room that we also had left over but didn't want to bring to the airport.

At one point I got antsy, so I went into the gift shop one last time. I ended up getting a bag of Cars Sour Gummy Wheels and a Dole Whip Ear Pod Case.

And I went to the lobby bathroom to empty the homecomin water bottle before we finally left.
Untitled
Beautiful tile in there!

Untitled
Morgan's wampa was ready to go home. This box bag, has become the plush bag to come home with....

Around 3:30 , we finally got an Uber to Airport. We got throught security and found a place to eat. We were flying American Airlines and that terminal in Orlando SUCKS!!!

Our choice was Ruby Tuesday’s ... And the food was TERRIBLE!!!
Untitled
Cheese Fries, Mozzarella Sticks, Chips and Salsa

I said to Andy the only good thing about us leaving early this coming trip, is we won't have to find food at the airport. It will be breakfast, I will bring something from Disney.

And that was it, our flight was uneventful and we were home in not time.

Thanks to everyone who followed along! I feel like I always drag these report out till the next trip comes and then I have to rush.

If you want to follow along with our new trip you can follow along with me via social media... Every trip I say to myself I will post more. Maybe this will be there trip?!?

facebook: Cind Ariella
Instagram: cind.ariella

And if you haven't you can follow along with my last minute planning over on my pre-trip report here; https://www.disboards.com/threads/spring-break-last-minute-planning.3939881/page-5#post-65377910

Someone asked for a photo of the stuff I bought the last MK day....

Untitled
My Tomorrowland Dreamer sweatshirt. I love it! It is a nice change from the spirit jerseys.

Untitled
My Oswald Knit plush. He looks so cute with my oswald mug and Morgan's paint brush pen. They sit behind me while I work.

Untitled
And then my starbuck mug.

Untitled

Untitled
I love that the shape is different than most of my travel mugs. I thought I would use it for hot drinks but it is too tall to fit under my Kcup machine. But I use it all the time for cold drinks.

This is a great picture of the end of the trip!! :) and I LOVE that you raced to get a second ride on the People Mover. What a perfect way to end the night and the whole trip!
it really was the perfect way to end the night and the trip. If we could of just skipped the crowd part it would have been better.

Dinner looked so good. We haven't been there since 2019 and I'm ready to go back. I just need to work on everyone else.
It is a great meal but we will probably won't go for awhile.

Seeing HEA and riding the People Mover is perfect.
It might have to be our last night plan again this trip! Except, we might watch from somewhere NOT on main street or the hub!

Our server at Territory Lounge said you can order the mushroom bisque soup there if you want. So if you do find yourself over at WL in a few weeks...
I have heard this!!! And we might need to give it a try!

That's great that you were able to knock out so many attractions on your last night! Back to back BTMRR is the best. :goodvibes
But my gosh, that post-fireworks hub debacle sounds terrible. Talk about stressful.
It was a nice night, even with the crowds after the fireworks.

It might have to be our last night plan again this trip! Except, we might watch from somewhere NOT on main street or the hub!

Fantasyland?

Really enjoyed your trip report and looking forward to the new one.

That last day seems to come to fast and the last hours seem to be so sad.

You had a lovely last day. It’s too bad the weather didn’t allow you to swim, but your lunch looks delicious.

I can’t believe you’re so close to your next trip! I’m not often on IG, but I’ll be sure to join in if I jump on. :goodvibes

Really enjoyed your trip report. Love the things you bought in MK especially the sweatshirt. You made your last day a decent one. Shame the rain spoiled your pool time but at least your last meal at Riviera was a good one.
Not long now until you’re back at WDW. I may be a wee bit jealous 😂

This was another hotel that we walked in and were like, many we love this place! I mean the lobby will get ya! It's so beautiful!
I'm caught up after getting back from our trip now! The WL always gets me too. I still consider it my favorite resort.
These.... these are half the reason we came here. This soup is soooo good! And it is funny, I would have never ordered this if it was just a regular menu item. But it is sooo good! I am hoping we can get bowls of this when we are at Wilderness Lodge in a few weeks!
The mushroom soup is my absolute favorite! Pat makes fun of me because I usually don't like mushrooms in my food but I'm obsessed with this soup. If you find a place to get it outside of Artist Point, let me know!!
At some point we did ask for more of the soup. Which they were glad to do. Which that is a pro tip you can ask for seconds of any of the apps or desserts here. So, if you liek a certain item, go ahead and ask!
Ugh! I think I knew that and totally forgot while we were there just two nights ago. Most of my family doesn't like the soup so I still had 3+ bowls, but I would have asked for more.
Andy tried to convince Grumpy to go on a date with Evil Queen.
I wish I could have seen that conversation!
I think Andy mentioned what Snow thought of the Evil Queen and she said something about her being nice. What?! Snow? Get it together girl!!!
Whaaat?? Did you all remind her of the whole apple incident?
We left Wilderness Lodge a little before 7:00. The meal here feels rushed but really I think it's just that you get 3 courses of food and meet characters in teh middle of all of it. We were there 90 minutes, which is pretty long.
Character meals always feel rushed to me too. I always worry about when a new character is coming up, so we have the camera and autograph books ready, and it's hard to get into the food/conversation until the characters have come around. There were a lot of interruptions with the multiple courses and at our last meal the characters came multiple times which is fun, but always a little awkward when we've already had time with them.
Once we docked at Magic Kingdom, Gwen gave him a wooden token as we were getting off. And we could hear him telling one of the other boat drivers that he got a token. He was super excited to get it. Which is always so nice to know when they truely appreciate it. He was clearly a character.
That's so sweet about the token!
Gwen hated this ride for the longest time. But we would convince her to ride just to see the pigs....
My youngest did not like Pirates... I had to beg her to get on the second MK day because we all wanted to ride it again.
We decided to be tired for the ride photo since it was our last night.... And for once, we all did it! Usually one of us doesn't get the memo.
That's a great photo! So smart to pose with eyes closed for that flash...
I love fireworks in Magic Kingdom but I really hate trying to find a good spot and being short trying to see as much as possible. But this wasn't too bad today. It really helped to have that space between us and the group in front of us.
It's such a struggle, I never want to claim a spot as early as you need to in front of the castle, and even if you're early, you can get someone tall in front of you. My best view was when I once stood behind a trash can so no one could stand right in front of me.
BUT..... We leave for our next trip in 13 days!!! Woo Hoo! I ..... cannot...... wait!
Woohoo! I've loved reading about this trip and can't wait to read about your next!
Our choice was Ruby Tuesday’s ... And the food was TERRIBLE!!!
It was probably especially bad after all those Disney meals!
If you want to follow along with our new trip you can follow along with me via social media... Every trip I say to myself I will post more. Maybe this will be there trip?!?
Yes! I will follow along, hope you post some while you are there! I am having the Disney hangover today and need to live vicariously through others!

Bummer about getting rained out on your swim!! But, you're a genius for using your sipper bottle to bring your wine along to the lobby :)

Can't wait to hear all about the magic and fun on this year's spring break adventure!! Have the best time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter