Bang for your Buck

Thanks for all of the awesome ideas. We have shared fried chicken in a couple of spots before, but didn't know of the breakfast ideas suggested, and a few new lunch ones too. And I agree, the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ was awesome for sharing! We have never made it over to Mimi's maybe this time!

I saw someone mentioned the giant turkey legs and thought I'd add my husband's idea of a great meal. He loves to get a turkey leg in DCA and pick up a fresh baguette from Boudin. Then, he alternates a bite of turkey with a bite of bread (which he adds some mayo and mustard to it) and have a "de-constructed" turkey sandwich. My 2 teen daughters and I did this recently on a trip and the 3 of us (who are decent eaters) were pleasantly surprised how far 1 turkey leg and 1 baguette stretched. Now, we did snack on Cozy Cone ice cream and churros later but it was a satisfying and budget-friendly meal given typical meal prices.

~The pretzels at Pym's are gigantic. They come in a pizza-type box. Easily shared.
~Pizza at Pizza Planet.
~Rancho Del Z platters. Like another poster, we'd order the extra tortillas and make mini tacos.
~Plaza Inn chicken
~Pizza at Craftsman Grill in the Grand Californian
~Not very economical, but the buffets are always great. I think the least expensive character meal is Minnie's at Plaza Inn. Nobody will walk away hungry from that! It works well as a brunch if you do a later reservation, like 10:20 or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter