Bank first vs book first? Does it matter?

SouthJersey

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,
I'm completely new to DVC and made our purchase just last month.
Our use-year was set back to June that way I'd be able to bank points from the current 2022 year.

I split our purchase into two smaller contracts and I'm looking to book our first reservation next October.

What is the proper way for me to go about this?
Do I bank my 2022 points first (assuming I don't want to book a trip before June 2023) and then book the reservation on the portal?
And do I select both contracts to book the reservation? The trip is 317 points and I have 2 x 200 point contracts. I'm just trying to make sure I don't mess myself up or cost myself points.

Thank you for any input.

In order to use the 2022 points when booking, they need to be banked first.

Since you have enough points in your 2023 UY, you could book without the banking, just in case you may change your mind about traveling.

If you did that, then when you do bank, you’d modify the trip without changing a thing and it would use the banked points and free up your 2023.

Just remember your banking dead line. With a June UY you must bank by Jan 31st.

In order to use the 2022 points when booking, they need to be banked first.

Since you have enough points in your 2023 UY, you could book without the banking, just in case you may change your mind about traveling.

If you did that, then when you do bank, you’d modify the trip without changing a thing and it would use the banked points and free up your 2023.
Hey everyone,
I'm completely new to DVC and made our purchase just last month.
Our use-year was set back to June that way I'd be able to bank points from the current 2022 year.

I split our purchase into two smaller contracts and I'm looking to book our first reservation next October.

What is the proper way for me to go about this?
Do I bank my 2022 points first (assuming I don't want to book a trip before June 2023) and then book the reservation on the portal?
And do I select both contracts to book the reservation? The trip is 317 points and I have 2 x 200 point contracts. I'm just trying to make sure I don't mess myself up or cost myself points.

Thank you for any input.
Do both contracts have the same home resort? If not, you can only book at 11 months for the home resort of the contract using that contract’s points.

So if booking at greater than 7 months months for contract 1’s home resort, bank those points and then book so it doesn’t need to borrow from the 2024 use year.

Do both contracts have the same home resort? If not, you can only book at 11 months for the home resort of the contract using that contract’s points.

So if booking at greater than 7 months months for contract 1’s home resort, bank those points and then book so it doesn’t need to borrow from the 2024 use year.
Yes, they're both VGF with the same use-year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter