Barbie and Ken do Disney Trip Report COMPLETED!!

OMG, you guys are too cute !!!! My DH and I are compared to Ken and Barbie all the time, too .... our names are Brandi and Brandon so we get comments about it being sooo cute and cool EVERY time we have to say it, LOL.
Our oldest DD14 and her BF are often compared to K&B, too !!! Okay enough about US, and on to you guys, and your dog!! Krull is adorable, I am goiing to show my youngest DD5 his pic when she comes home form school, She is totally addicted to the DIS, too :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear more and read your TR when you return. I am thionking of doing one myself for our trip in March, its a surprise for DD5 Lexie. Our oldest DD Caylin overheard our convo one night and got up to let us know that she really didn't want to go back this year :eek: She was so sweet about it, and said she thought it would be cool if Lexie could have her very own trip that was all about her like when she was little, yes, I cried !!! So, she is staying with my sister to babysit for some extra money. Caylin doesnt know this yet, BUT, we are surprising her with a trip tp Paris this Summer and then after she gave up her trip in March my DH surprised me with a trip in September to celebrate mine and Caylins bdays, by ourselves, just the "big girls" :yay: Anyway, here I go babbling on about US again, LOL.

Like I said before, I can't wait to "hear" the rest of ....Barbie and Ken do WDW Your living situation sounds so like something my parents would have done AND something we would do, if ever presented with it. I always like hearing stories about kids that are allowed to have loving, caring, safe environments and become better adults because of it.

excellent pre-trip! you are right..we all like the pictures scattered about in the reports!! I am so excited for you..and its getting colder here in MA so you are heading to the WORLD at just the right time!!! :)

You guys are so cute. My dh and I are highschool sweethearts also. I was 14 (a freshman) he had JUST turned 16 (a sophmore). I was 19 when we got married. We've been married 7 years, and together for over 12 now! I know what you mean about people not getting it, but my friends were always supportive. It is a little weird having 3 kids now when our friends are just starting to get married. You're going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics. I LOVE lots of pics!

:love: Such a cute story! Congrats on your 7 years! My friends that I had at the time that we started dating were probably the most immature and unsupportive people around. However, I have a loving family and of course Todd who got me through it and I met wonderful new people to be friends with! Im over all that though and its a LONG story but it turned out happy! Thanks for reading -- I love pictures in trip reports -- ill probably take 1039405 pictures at WDW o stay tuned!

cool trippie!!! cant wait to hear the whole story!!!popcorn::

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

You are so sweet! As for Triplets - it's all we know, but, yeah, it's pretty cool. It's one of those "careful what you wish for" kinds of things. We really wanted children, we just didn't expect to have them all at once!:dance3: Loving your Pretrippie report. I did notice one thing in particular. You will be landing in Orlando at 10:17 a.m. You will be landing back in "reality" at 10:18. (I think that is PM, though, isn't it?) For some reason that struck me as funny. (I need to get out more, I know.)
Transportation around the parks should be fine. We had no problems with it. Just be sure to allow enough time if you are going resort to resort because you will need to "transfer" at a park or DTD. My only other insight is this: TIME FLIES at WDW. I am convinced it is in some sort of time warp because, before you know it, a few hours have gone by. I'm sure it's on a different "plane" or something.
Have a great day!
Barb

Wow, that must have been difficult to learn how to be a mom to 3 kids at once! You're strong! ;) Yes we are landing at 10:17 AM and then our scheduled arrival time back is 11 days from then at 10:18, but I think thats only a rough estimate and only because we have a 7:00 AM flight and then a 7:30 flight so I guess its around the same time! :) I am so sad because I KNOW that time is going to fly there so I have a feeling that after the first few days Im going to be sad its over. Although, I've never actually been away from home for any significant amount of time so 11 days should feel like a lot (I HOPE!!) You have a great day too! Thanks for posting! :yay:

OMG, you guys are too cute !!!! My DH and I are compared to Ken and Barbie all the time, too .... our names are Brandi and Brandon so we get comments about it being sooo cute and cool EVERY time we have to say it, LOL.
Our oldest DD14 and her BF are often compared to K&B, too !!! Okay enough about US, and on to you guys, and your dog!! Krull is adorable, I am goiing to show my youngest DD5 his pic when she comes home form school, She is totally addicted to the DIS, too :rotfl:
I can't wait to hear more and read your TR when you return. I am thionking of doing one myself for our trip in March, its a surprise for DD5 Lexie. Our oldest DD Caylin overheard our convo one night and got up to let us know that she really didn't want to go back this year :eek: She was so sweet about it, and said she thought it would be cool if Lexie could have her very own trip that was all about her like when she was little, yes, I cried !!! So, she is staying with my sister to babysit for some extra money. Caylin doesnt know this yet, BUT, we are surprising her with a trip tp Paris this Summer and then after she gave up her trip in March my DH surprised me with a trip in September to celebrate mine and Caylins bdays, by ourselves, just the "big girls" :yay: Anyway, here I go babbling on about US again, LOL.
Like I said before, I can't wait to "hear" the rest of ....Barbie and Ken do WDW Your living situation sounds so like something my parents would have done AND something we would do, if ever presented with it. I always like hearing stories about kids that are allowed to have loving, caring, safe environments and become better adults because of it.

Oooh I LOVE your long post! It made me super happy when I saw it! :banana: To start I think that I may even title my trip report Barbie and Ken do WDW - I've been dying for a fun title, but never actually consider us to be Barbie and Ken-ish! We used to get Nick and Jessica a lot, but that kind of scares me now since look how they turned out!! But I love that title and I may just have to steal it - you dont mind ..right?! ;) Krull is so cute! Right now he's barking his little bark at the kids getting off the school bus! If your DD5 loves the DIS already.. watch out! I love your daughters names - Lexie and Caylin (really cute!) That is so sweet of Caylin to say that you can have your own trip w. Lexie! Its very thoughtful! I hope you write a trip report because it sounds like so much fun! I really appreciate what you said about my family. My parents are amazing people. They are extremely kind and generous and I love them a bunch. I feel like because they knew I was a good kid and gave me all the freedom I have had, I've always just been MORE responsible because of it. Well ANYWAYS thanks for reading and thanks for the awesome long post! :goodvibes

excellent pre-trip! you are right..we all like the pictures scattered about in the reports!! I am so excited for you..and its getting colder here in MA so you are heading to the WORLD at just the right time!!! :)

Hi! And thank you! Last week it was AMAZING out.. it was so warm that it was like summer. Everyone around here was in capris and sandals! Now that its getting cold I wish I were leaving ASAP! Only 1 month from tomorrow though! Thanks again for reading! Stay tuneD! :)

Blayne...I am here....I am here...it just took me a bit to get my act together. I am so excited that you have started in on your pre trip report! I know you guys will have a great trip! I have complete faith in your planning skills! You have done your research well!

Ken and Barbie is the PERFECT description of you guys! When we were in college dh was "Clark Kent" and I was "Lois Lane" (other people called us that, personally, I thought Lois Lane was a stinky nickname) then when dh and I got together...it was perfect. When we got married I got him a Superman watch (useless trivia fact). And dh and I are another one of those couples that met young. Not as young. Dh and I were both 18 when we started dating...still many people told us we were too young (ugh in-laws) but we have now been happily married for 11 and 1/2 years (we will celebrate our 12th anniversary at AKL...which you already know ;) ).

Did you consider asking for a diver at the Coral Reef? I know they may be booked being V-day and all...but maybe.... :)

Once again, I am so happy that you have started in on your report and I am going to want TONS of details of your most awesomely planned first trip ever/ Valentine's Day trip/senior trip/Christmas present trip!!

Keep up the great work!

PS....when you said AK EMH did you mean morning or night? :confused3

Blayne oops I mean Barbie ;) please use it, I would love that, it totally fits you guys !!!

Can't wait to hear more and happy planning !!!!

I'm working up the nerve to start one of my own. I have been reading and lurking on here for over a year now and just got the courage up to start posting, so I don't know if I'm ready to or not. But, I will probably give it a try.

First off - what a cute couple you guys are! I'm excited to read your report! :)

2 - Don't be nervous about Planet Hollywood. If you like basic American fare, you'll like it there. If you are at all into movies, you will love it. I live right by NYC and the Planet Hollywood there is one of the biggest tourist places in Times Square and I still go every once in awhile because I LOVE movies and I LOVE their Chicken Crunch! It is their specialty, you can't get it anywhere else - it's delicious!

3 - I don't think you've packed too much in for a newbie, if you can dream it.. you can do it! Although, I have never read one report or heard about one person sticking exactly to their plans. Just realize that if you have to miss an ADR, or a parade, or something - don't freak out! It's your first time so make sure you slow down and enjoy what's going on around you and not just run from thing to thing. :)

Loving your trip report so far!!! :thumbsup2 You guys are a great couple. My hubby & I started dating when I was a Sr. in high school (he's a year older) & we've been inseparable ever since. :goodvibes We've been together almost 11 years & married for almost 7.

Although we had both been to Disney growing up, we went for the first time together in 2000 - we were married 5 months later & go back at least once a year. We even spent our 5th wedding anniversary there. :thumbsup2 We both really live for going back to WDW together. ;) We'll be there on Weds & I haven't been sleeping well for days. :lmao:

I think you guys will be able to get a lot done, but like someone else said, just go with the flow if you miss a meal, or something else you had planned. I also highly recommend checking out a character meal if you can squeeze it in. :thumbsup2 Our favorite breakfast is Crystal Palace at the MK - the food is really good here & Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK for dinner - the characters are always a riot here & the food is like Thanksgiving dinner. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! popcorn::

Blayne...I am here....I am here...it just took me a bit to get my act together. I am so excited that you have started in on your pre trip report! I know you guys will have a great trip! I have complete faith in your planning skills! You have done your research well!

Ken and Barbie is the PERFECT description of you guys! When we were in college dh was "Clark Kent" and I was "Lois Lane" (other people called us that, personally, I thought Lois Lane was a stinky nickname) then when dh and I got together...it was perfect. When we got married I got him a Superman watch (useless trivia fact). And dh and I are another one of those couples that met young. Not as young. Dh and I were both 18 when we started dating...still many people told us we were too young (ugh in-laws) but we have now been happily married for 11 and 1/2 years (we will celebrate our 12th anniversary at AKL...which you already know ;) ).

Did you consider asking for a diver at the Coral Reef? I know they may be booked being V-day and all...but maybe.... :)

Once again, I am so happy that you have started in on your report and I am going to want TONS of details of your most awesomely planned first trip ever/ Valentine's Day trip/senior trip/Christmas present trip!!

Keep up the great work!

PS....when you said AK EMH did you mean morning or night? :confused3

YAY! Im glad your here! Thanks for your confidence (i sure hope it ends up being as good as I've planned!) Your story is so cute! I think Lois Lane is CUTE! You are going to have so much fun on your trips I just cannot wait for your trip reports!! I did think about a diver at the Coral Reef, but Im nervous that I may not be able to get it for then since its probably all booked. How would I go about doing that?? When I said AK EMH I meant night time. SORRY! :) Thanks for reading there will be TONS of details!! :goodvibes

Blayne oops I mean Barbie ;) please use it, I would love that, it totally fits you guys !!!

Can't wait to hear more and happy planning !!!!

I'm working up the nerve to start one of my own. I have been reading and lurking on here for over a year now and just got the courage up to start posting, so I don't know if I'm ready to or not. But, I will probably give it a try.

Hey! THanks! I think your ready. I have only been on the DIS for about three months or so and have been obsessed with reading trip reports. I was definitely nervous to start my trip report but it was just something I had to do! Its fun to share your story with people, especially when you get so much positive feedback! :goodvibes Good luck! :thumbsup2

First off - what a cute couple you guys are! I'm excited to read your report! :)

2 - Don't be nervous about Planet Hollywood. If you like basic American fare, you'll like it there. If you are at all into movies, you will love it. I live right by NYC and the Planet Hollywood there is one of the biggest tourist places in Times Square and I still go every once in awhile because I LOVE movies and I LOVE their Chicken Crunch! It is their specialty, you can't get it anywhere else - it's delicious!

3 - I don't think you've packed too much in for a newbie, if you can dream it.. you can do it! Although, I have never read one report or heard about one person sticking exactly to their plans. Just realize that if you have to miss an ADR, or a parade, or something - don't freak out! It's your first time so make sure you slow down and enjoy what's going on around you and not just run from thing to thing. :)

Welcome! and thanks! I have decided to keep my Planet Hollywood ADR. We both love basic American fare and are BIG movie fans. Basically Todd always quotes movies and I have to tell him to STOP! Thanks for the Chicken Crunch tip, we'll definitely have to try it! I know that when I get to Disney I will be completely over whelmed so I am just going to try and enjoy it and not worry too much about what is planned. Thanks for reading! :)

Loving your trip report so far!!! :thumbsup2 You guys are a great couple. My hubby & I started dating when I was a Sr. in high school (he's a year older) & we've been inseparable ever since. :goodvibes We've been together almost 11 years & married for almost 7. Although we had both been to Disney growing up, we went for the first time together in 2000 - we were married 5 months later & go back at least once a year. We even spent our 5th wedding anniversary there. :thumbsup2 We both really live for going back to WDW together. ;) We'll be there on Weds & I haven't been sleeping well for days. :lmao: I think you guys will be able to get a lot done, but like someone else said, just go with the flow if you miss a meal, or something else you had planned. I also highly recommend checking out a character meal if you can squeeze it in. :thumbsup2 Our favorite breakfast is Crystal Palace at the MK - the food is really good here & Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK for dinner - the characters are always a riot here & the food is like Thanksgiving dinner. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! popcorn::

Hi! Thanks for reading! I definitely want to go to Disney every year if I can. Disney just offers SO much! Your leaving on WEDNESDAY? HAVE FUN! OMGOSH! You better right a trip report! ;) I think that we are going to do a character meal, but I think it might be OOP because we have all our TS meals already. Thanks for your input! :yay:

I did think about a diver at the Coral Reef, but Im nervous that I may not be able to get it for then since its probably all booked. How would I go about doing that?? When I said AK EMH I meant night time. SORRY! :) Thanks for reading there will be TONS of details!! :goodvibes

The Coral Reef Diver...just call...see if you can get it. It's free...it's one phone call to find out (and then only one extra email if it's a yes) and it's one of the most magical things ever!! :goodvibes I have PMed you the phone number for the Coral Reef and the name of the person who set up our diver.

As far as AK EMH...looking at your schedule...will you actually have time to make it back for that? Doesn't AK's EMH end at 8:00 PM? I am often wrong...but I think that's what it was when we were there and I see you have a dinner at Epcot one night at 5:40...I don't know that you could make it over in time. ????

And the night you are going to Cirque (OH...I need ALL of the details about that...we are going in September and I want to know all about it!!) I don't think you would have a chance of making it back.

Now if you meant AK EMH mornings...ignore that:rolleyes1 .

Other then that, your plans look AWESOME! I know you are going to have the BEST time!

Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and replying. I appreciate everyone's positive feedback! :goodvibes

30 DAYS TO GO!

First off. Does ANYONE know how to change the title of the thread? I cant seem to do it. When I try to edit it, the title isn't an editing option. HELP! :rolleyes:

Okay! So I have been reading everything everyone has suggested and have taken it all in. I have decided to do a character breakfast OOP. I was mainly thinking about scheduling it for our last day, but could probably pencil it in on another day if need be. I was thinking of doing Donald's Breakfastasaurus at AK on our last day because we will be spending a half day at Animal Kingdom. Would anyone recommend or not recommend Donald's? Also what is everyone's favorite character breakfast meals? I would really appreciate the feedback. :goodvibes We will be paying out of pocket because all of our TS meals will have run out by then! :rolleyes: Oh well! I was thinking the last day because then we will have exhausted all of our dining credits and can just pay ourselves. And there is also the extra point of BEELINING it to Everest early in the morning! ;)

I was also thinking of scheduling a tour one of the days. I was thinking of the Mickey's Magical Milestones tour because it is cheap :thumbsup2 and you also get to have a special time taking pictures with Mickey :) It also just seems like a lot of fun. Todd and I don't know a lot of disney trivia so it may be fun to learn some things. Has anyone taken this tour? Was your experience good or bad? I may either schedule this for the day we were going to Winter Summerland as an "instead of" option or schedule it for another magic kingdom day. I have yet to decide!

Random Things that I MUST do at WDW
-Get as many Mr. Potato Head pieces as possible! (I think they are so cute!)
-Make a Mickey Rice Krispie treat at Goofy's Candy Co.
-Buy a photpass CD and make sure I have 1049604594 pictures on it!!
-Get a pearl from Japan (i think its Japan im not sure) and have it set in a necklace!
-Buy a refillable mug
-Build my own robot in Innoventions
-Taste all the sodas at Club Cool
-Try school bread, a kaki gori, funnel cake, a churro and lots more!
-See the candymaker Miyuki at Japan in World Showcase
-See all of the parades and fireworks shows
-Ride every ride I want at least once, the ones in my TOP at least twice!
-MEET MICKEY and all the other characters!!

..Im pretty sure there is more, but Im drawing a blank right now! :) All I know is Im VERY excited and have tons of things that I must do before I leave WDW!

I cant believe I only have 30 days to go! I am SO excited! :yay:
I have bought my crocs and have broken them in :
crocs.jpg

I decided on the plain black ones because I used to have a personal vendetta against croc wearers because I found them so completely and utterly ugly. However, I think they are AMAZING now - still ugly, but amazingly comfortable. I can wear them to work all day and feel no pain! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!

Sorry about the randomness of this post! ;) Have a magical day!

First off. Does ANYONE know how to change the title of the thread? I cant seem to do it. When I try to edit it, the title isn't an editing option. HELP! :rolleyes:

It's not hard...I promise. Just click advanced the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the edit box....the title box then pops up and you can change at will! :) Hope that helps!

Our favorite character breakfasts are: Crystal Palace at MK, 'Ohana at Polynesian & Cape May Cafe at Beach Club. CP & CMC are both buffets with a lot of great food on them. CMC is definitely much more laid back & might be a good one for your first character meal. 'Ohana is fun with Stitch & friends & they bring all the food to you, which is more relaxing than beating the mob to the buffet.

We used to go to Donald's every year - after 2 awful experiences in a row, we have cut this one from our must do list for now. It gets a lot of mixed reviews here - this one is managed differently than all other character meals. The characters all come around at once & are VERY rushed to get thru your table. We have decided it's just not a fun experience & we leave & eat at Boma's breakfast buffet at AKL on our AK day instead. HTH! :)

It's not hard...I promise. Just click advanced the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the edit box....the title box then pops up and you can change at will! :) Hope that helps!

Thanks a bunch! It really was very easy once you told me that! :)

Blayne, love the new title! ;)

Can't wait to hear more. I'm so excited for you.:thumbsup2

hehe! Well thanks for the tip! 29 more days! I cannot wait!

Our favorite character breakfasts are: Crystal Palace at MK, 'Ohana at Polynesian & Cape May Cafe at Beach Club. CP & CMC are both buffets with a lot of great food on them. CMC is definitely much more laid back & might be a good one for your first character meal. 'Ohana is fun with Stitch & friends & they bring all the food to you, which is more relaxing than beating the mob to the buffet.

We used to go to Donald's every year - after 2 awful experiences in a row, we have cut this one from our must do list for now. It gets a lot of mixed reviews here - this one is managed differently than all other character meals. The characters all come around at once & are VERY rushed to get thru your table. We have decided it's just not a fun experience & we leave & eat at Boma's breakfast buffet at AKL on our AK day instead. HTH! :)

Thank you for your insight and your tips! I still have not decided if I want to do a character breakfast yet. Although I do want to do an OOP breakfast one day since we arent going to breakfast at all during our trip. I'll have to read up and make my decision soon though because its only 29 days away!! YAY! .. AND YOU LEAVE IN 2 DAYS! Have so much fun, cant wait to hear all about it!! :thumbsup2

Quick update before I am off to work -

I scheduled two character breakfasts for my vacation! :goodvibes I was convinced by Cinderella16 and ArizonaColbys!!

Todd and I will now be going to 1900 Park Fare on Feb 20 for breakfast (I love all the characters here so Im excited) and Donald's Breakfastosaurus on Feb 23rd (our last day). I am SO excited! I cannot believe I got these ADR's so close. Donald's is for 8:10!! Which means I can BEELINE it to Everest YES!! :goodvibes Nothing like that for my last day! I have also changed my Le Chefs de France ADR from 3:00 PM to 1:30 (just a quick fact lol!) :) I AM PUMPED! I really didnt think I wanted to go to a character breakfast, but now Im glad that I booked them. Just this morning I wasn't even sure, but then I said why the hell not! I oked it with Todd (since he's paying OOP for these two meals) and he said okay -- which was good since I had ALREADY BOOKED THEM! :rotfl:
Thanks for reading everyone!
Im off to Joann Fabrics for another wonderful day :rolleyes: YUCK!

- Blayne

Happy to read the update this morning - I think you'll love the character meals. :thumbsup2 I've read a lot of good reviews on 1900 PF - I think that's a good choice, and being first in line for Everest is a great plan, too! :)

Loving the report so far. DH and I are going in May so I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back!

You will love the character breakfasts! As I got older, I thought it might be a bit awkward with the characters, especially the Face ones.. but it really isn't! It's so much fun! It's that typical Disney feeling where you act like you're 5. You're gonna love it!

You guys are going to have a blast! I'm really enjoying your trip report so far! Flying is so much fun...don't listen to your BF! ;) Even now w/ all the travelling that I do for work, I still love to fly. Make sure you get the window seat on the way down. You'll love JetBlue too...you have a tv on the back of the seat in front of you. I've never flown them, but my BF raves about them and only flies JetBlue so he doesn't miss any of his football, baseball, basketball or ___ (insert any other sport imaginable.) Looking forward to reading more!

Oh-one other thing...I highly recommend a dinner at California Grill if you can fit it in. My boyfriend and I loved it! Although I love Disney (he tolerates it) it was nice to eat somewhere with a little more "adult/grown-up" atmosphere after being in the parks all day. Also, you can watch the MK fireworks from the balcony. Just be aware that it's a little $$ if you're watching the bill.

I scheduled two character breakfasts for my vacation! :goodvibes I was convinced by Cinderella16 and ArizonaColbys!!

Oh I am so happy you are doing character meals!! They really are so much fun!! I have never done a breakfast one, but I am sure you will have a great time! :thumbsup2 Oh yeah and I love your new title, if fits you guys perfectly. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter