Barbie finds her Prince Charming- our English wedding & Disneymoon June 2011!

disneybarbie

Disney Princess
Barbie finds her Prince Charming ... Emma & Steve's English wedding & Disneymoon - June 2011!

Hi everyone and welcome to my wedding & honeymoon planning journal!

A little about me and my fiancé.

dhshth7-10-08dpp2.jpg

Me – Emma - I'm 25 years old, been a Disney fan ever since I can remember – first trip to the World was in 1993 and I've been back ten times since!
I love everything Disney from the movies, music, parks, merchandise & everything in between.. I'm even a D23 member!
I currently work for a UK motoring company as an accountant in the finance dept.. I enjoy what I do but always thought I'd do something more creative as a job – I play piano, love fashion and travel.... but it's a nice 9-5 office job & I'm happy there.

DF – Steve – he is also 25, but 5 weeks younger than me! Steve works for a bank and, most of the time, really likes his job!
He adores football (soccer), his favourite team is Port Vale as his family is from that part of the UK. He likes most other sports and also supports the New Orleans Saints NFL team!

mickeyemmasteveandminnie-2.jpg

We recently got engaged on Christmas Day 2009, and I've been planning our wedding and honeymoon ever since!!

Also... this PJ will also contain info about our upcoming 'engagement trip' to New York City & WDW in December 2010 :santa:

How we met..

Back in 2004, we were both studying at Southampton University.. my best friend studied Geography, as did Steve, and after several nights out & bumping into each other.. Steve asked me out for a drink.

This fairytale didn't quite start off as planned.. as...I said no!! I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend at the time lol. :scared1:

That was June... we came back to uni in October and met up again on a geography social .. after a few occasions of meeting on nights out … came Friday 29th October 2004... I met up with Steve at a bar, Clowns, for a drink – we left there and on the way to another pub to get some dinner, Steve asked me that magic question.. “will you go out with me?!” :lovestruc

No matter how corny and cheesy it sounds, I truly think we were made for each other. In over 5 years, we've never had an argument (okay, sometimes I sulk about things, but we've never had a full-on shouting match!) and share the same opinions about everything.
We're best friends & I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. :lovestruc

Here is a 'vintage' photo from 2004.. we'd been dating about 5 weeks I think!

ES17Dec2004.jpg

And on our 2 year anniversary (2006) …

ESOct2006.jpg

Steve graduated from university in 2006, while I had another year to go.. we'd already decided that we'd live together once we finished studying (my family lives in Kent & Steve's in Surrey – about 50 miles apart) – and thanks to amazing support from our parents, we bought our first home in October 2007!
I love our little home & take great pride in being a 'desperate housewife' at the weekends! :rotfl:

congrats on your engagement! That's really neat you and your DF both majored in the same thing during college. My fiance and I were both chemistry majors! Can't wait to hear more popcorn::

What a lovely story. I also met my future husband in college. He was 19 and I was 18 at the time. That was 28 years ago now. We've been married for over 23 years now. wow! Congratulations to both of you. You make such an adorable couple. May you two have a very long and happy marriage.

I am curious though. What is a motoring company? Is this a company that makes autos? An association of driving enthusiasts? Another curious British term that I am eager to uncover! :cool1:

Many Blessings!

What a lovely story. I also met my future husband in college. He was 19 and I was 18 at the time. That was 28 years ago now. We've been married for over 23 years now. wow! Congratulations to both of you. You make such an adorable couple. May you two have a very long and happy marriage.

I am curious though. What is a motoring company? Is this a company that makes autos? An association of driving enthusiasts? Another curious British term that I am eager to uncover! :cool1:

Many Blessings!

Welcome everyone so far!

Mindy... I work for a company like your "AAA" :goodvibes - it does breakdown cover, insurance, driving lessons... etc!

Emma princess: xx

Okay.. to the important part... our trips to Walt Disney World!!

Our first vacation together was in September 2005, to Paris – we took the Eurostar train and had a fantastic trip!
We planned another vacation for the next year.. when my Dad suggested “why don't you got to WDW and use the family DVC points?” .. took me less than a second to say “YES!”

So.. September 4th - 11th 2006 was our first trip together – I'd been many times with my family & Steve twice before to Florida, but he'd never stayed on Disney property before.

Some of photos of that first trip...

bwentrance.jpg
bwfromyachtclub.jpg
emmatigger.jpg
emmamickeysteve2.jpg
emmastitchsteveak.jpg
epcot6thsept.jpg

(we met up with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin & her boyfriend (now fiance!) during the trip..
ak-steveemmasarahpauljulietrevor.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

(view from our room!)
IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

It was a completely magical trip, I loved it just being the two of us – it's so easy to get around the parks .. Steve also learnt the joy of 'real' Disney dining!

Emma princess: x

Great start and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Wow.. lots of readers already!! :goodvibes Thank you all for joining so far!

Another update.. our second trip to WDW!! ...

In 2007, as we were buying our first home, we didn't have a trip away together.. but I knew we'd be back.. fast forward to October 5-12th 2008!

This was our first Food & Wine festival trip and it was fantastic.
We didn't book soon enough to get a room at our home resort (BWV) so stayed at Saratoga Springs.. I really enjoyed staying at a different resort but overall we love the BW the most.

DSC00493.jpg
DSC00495.jpg
DSC00491.jpg
DSC00514.jpg
DSC00516.jpg
DSC00593.jpg
DSC00595.jpg
DSC00599.jpg
DSC00610.jpg
DSC00627.jpg
(trying Beverley for the 1st time at Club Cool!)
DSC00632.jpg
dhs11-10-08-2.jpg
minniemeetsemma9-10-08-1.jpg
pirateprincesshamper-1.jpg
stevescamera065.jpg
stevescamera127.jpg
stevescamera154.jpg
stevescamera128-1.jpg
stevescamera173.jpg
stevescamera185-1.jpg
typhoonlagooncrushgusher-1.jpg

And our third trip! ...

We returned for a third trip together - July 9th-23rd 2009, this time with DF's family (we've been on vacation every summer for the last three years) – I was left in charge of planning everything which I was so pleased to do. Here are some pics of a day we had together in the Magic Kingdom..

IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2703.jpg
IMG_2730.jpg
IMG_2732-Copy.jpg
Image93.jpg
IMG_2677.jpg

That's all for the Disney trips together.. next up, the engagement!!

The Engagement

I must start by saying it was a total surprise when DF proposed! Although we've been together for over 5 years, I was quite content to stay as we were – I knew we had a wonderful relationship (and a mortgage!) so I didn't need a ring on my finger to feel safe! :lovestruc

Anyway.. Christmas Day 2009 – we go to my parents' house for Christmas. :santa:

In the morning, while opening presents with my parents, sisters & Nan, DF gives me a present which is in quite a big box (shoebox size) and says “this one actually came free with something else..” - I open the box and there's a teddybear inside, with a 'Goldsmiths jewellers' logo on it. “Great” - I think - “a free toy that came with something else or from one of DF's customers”! :rolleyes:

Then I realise, the bear has a small pouch on his front.. with a box inside..
Now I start to get a little nervous.. but don't want to get too excited incase the box contains a necklace or bracelet!

IMG_2837.jpg

As I open the box, DF says “and the next gift comes with quite a big question..... Will You Marry Me?!” :eek:

I said “YES!!!” straight away.. started crying .. then said “have you asked my Dad's permission?! (he had.. just minutes before!) .. no one apart from Dad knew what was going to happen, it was a total surprise!!

We kissed, cried a little & realised we were both shaking like crazy!! My Mum dashed out to the kitchen to get some sparkling wine to toast our engagement – even though it was only 10am in the morning!! :rotfl:

It was a completely perfect way for DF to ask me.... I love Christmas time so to ask on 25th December was great – and he often buys me plush toys, so at first, I didn't suspect a thing!

The ring...

IMG_2854.jpg

It's a platinum band with a 0.3 carat square diamond. DF chose it himself and I'm so impressed!!

Some pictures of us on Christmas Day/Engagement Day!

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

We had a lot of fun phoning family up on Skype to share the news and show the ring!
I then texted practically everyone on my phone & changed my facebook status to “engaged” lol.

So, it's time... to start wedding planning!!

Thank you all for reading along and for the lovely comments!

Time for some more info...

Wedding Plans

Being a huge Disney fan, of course, I would have loved a fairytale wedding in WDW... coming from England though, this just wouldn't be fair on the majority of our family & I imagine very few guests would actually have made it out to Disney for the wedding.

So instead..we're planning a ceremony & reception at home in England, followed by a Disney extravaganza honeymoon... 5-night Bahamas cruise on the new Disney Dream followed by a week at the Grand Floridian! :yay:
We've never been on a cruise nor stayed at the GF – I planned this honeymoon when I was about 14 years old and heard Disney had cruise ships!! Luckily DF is learning to love WDW as much as I do.. and to be honest, the 'usual' HM to the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean just wouldn't suit us – DF gets bored lying on a beach all day! WDW and a cruise will give us that perfect mix of doing as much or as little as we want each day. :lovestruc

Wedding Day..

DF and I went to see a number of venues nearby our home in Surrey – neither of us have strong religious beliefs so we wanted a civil ceremony at a lovely manor house or hotel.

After viewing a few places, we both agreed we liked the first place we'd seen the best..

Tylney Hall in Hook, Hampshire

www.tylneyhall.co.uk

TYLNEY1_b.jpg
TYLNEY4_b.jpg
TYLNEY5_b.jpg
TYLNEY6_b.jpg
WPiH2.jpg
gallery-400_10.jpg
TYLNEY7_b.jpg

TYLNEY2_b.jpg
gallery-400_16.jpg
nkbw-106.jpg
gallery-400_6.jpg

The grounds and house are beautiful – it was owned by a rich family in the 1900s, there were 14 of them and about 290 staff!!
Now it's a hotel with around 100 rooms.

The lobby reminded us so much of the Hollywood Tower Hotel in WDW!!

TYLNEY3_b.jpg

We took my parents to see it last weekend, and they really liked it too.. so... it's booked!
I checked with the local registrar and they are available to marry us on the date we requested..

2pm - Saturday 18th June 2011.

I always imagined a summer wedding – but knew I'd have to pick one when there was no football (soccer) world cup or euro cup on... DF wouldn't be able to concentrate on the wedding without checking the scores all day!:rotfl: So 2011 is perfect ;)

It seems ages away but I know time will fly!
I am buying wedding magazines, books, making a file (Monica-Geller-style!) and enjoying being a bride-to-be very much!!

We will be having about 70 guests for the whole day, with up to 120 for the evening party.

I want as many subtle Disney touches to our day as possible – I'm thinking things like table names, hidden mickeys in my bouquet, and walking down the aisle to 'A Dream is a wish your heart makes' .. that kind of thing!

Thank you all for reading along and for the lovely comments!

Time for some more info...

Wedding Plans

Being a huge Disney fan, of course, I would have loved a fairytale wedding in WDW... coming from England though, this just wouldn't be fair on the majority of our family & I imagine very few guests would actually have made it out to Disney for the wedding.

So instead..we're planning a ceremony & reception at home in England, followed by a Disney extravaganza honeymoon... 5-night Bahamas cruise on the new Disney Dream followed by a week at the Grand Floridian! :yay:
We've never been on a cruise nor stayed at the GF – I planned this honeymoon when I was about 14 years old and heard Disney had cruise ships!! Luckily DF is learning to love WDW as much as I do.. and to be honest, the 'usual' HM to the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean just wouldn't suit us – DF gets bored lying on a beach all day! WDW and a cruise will give us that perfect mix of doing as much or as little as we want each day. :lovestruc

Wedding Day..

DF and I went to see a number of venues nearby our home in Surrey – neither of us have strong religious beliefs so we wanted a civil ceremony at a lovely manor house or hotel.

After viewing a few places, we both agreed we liked the first place we'd seen the best..

Tylney Hall in Hook, Hampshire

www.tylneyhall.co.uk

TYLNEY1_b.jpg
TYLNEY4_b.jpg
TYLNEY5_b.jpg
TYLNEY6_b.jpg
WPiH2.jpg
gallery-400_10.jpg
TYLNEY7_b.jpg

TYLNEY2_b.jpg
gallery-400_16.jpg
nkbw-106.jpg
gallery-400_6.jpg

The grounds and house are beautiful – it was owned by a rich family in the 1900s, there were 14 of them and about 290 staff!!
Now it's a hotel with around 100 rooms.

The lobby reminded us so much of the Hollywood Tower Hotel in WDW!!

TYLNEY3_b.jpg

We took my parents to see it last weekend, and they really liked it too.. so... it's booked!
I checked with the local registrar and they are available to marry us on the date we requested..

2pm - Saturday 18th June 2011.

I always imagined a summer wedding – but knew I'd have to pick one when there was no football (soccer) world cup or euro cup on... DF wouldn't be able to concentrate on the wedding without checking the scores all day!:rotfl: So 2011 is perfect ;)

It seems ages away but I know time will fly!
I am buying wedding magazines, books, making a file (Monica-Geller-style!) and enjoying being a bride-to-be very much!!

We will be having about 70 guests for the whole day, with up to 120 for the evening party.

I want as many subtle Disney touches to our day as possible – I'm thinking things like table names, hidden mickeys in my bouquet, and walking down the aisle to 'A Dream is a wish your heart makes' .. that kind of thing!

My goodness your venue is beautiful!!! I love how it looks like a fairytale, very good idea on the disney touches I was thinking about doing the same thing in my bouquet. I heard the GF is lovely, I planning on staying at SSR or AKL, there are just so many great places to choose from!

Congrats! You and your DF are such a cute couple! I love your venue, it's so beautiful and is like something out of a fairy tale. I think it will be great to add little Disney touches will be perfect.

I have never been on a cruise, but I've heard Disney cruises are the best and the Grand Floridian is amazing. We stayed there last June and had a wonderful time and are really looking forward to going back in August.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter