Barcelona Hotel Help

DrDisney823

Earning My Ears
My family will be on the 8/23 sailing of the Magic, leaving Barcelona. Can any one recc. a hotel to stay at prior to the cruise? Does Disney transfer service pick people and luggage at any specific hotels?
Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Last month we stayed at the Hotel Front Air Congress Barcelona(near airport). If you don't care about being downtown, it is clean, modern and reasonable; its location is in a shopping center with a McDonalds"-), and it offers a shuttle to the pier for $11USD pp(u need to sign up when u check in). There also are several chain hotels downtown, and they offer taxi service to port-about $7-10USD plus baggage fees)

My family will be on the 8/23 sailing of the Magic, leaving Barcelona. Can any one recc. a hotel to stay at prior to the cruise? Does Disney transfer service pick people and luggage at any specific hotels?
Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Last year we stayed at the Hilton Diagonal. Disney was using that as a pre cruise hotel. However I booked a room myself but was still able to use the Disney transfer from the hotel to port. This hotel is far from the city center, we had to use the metro to get downtown.

My sister and I stayed at the TRYP Apolo last year. It was centrally located and reasonably priced. We had a package that included breakfast and the buffet was great (especially since they had a lot of gluten free options for my sister who has celiac). We took a taxi from the hotel to the port, which is pretty close by, and it did not cost much (though I don't remember the exact amount off the top of my head).

It might be better if this thread was in the main forum.

I will be staying in the hotel Jazz pre and post cruise next month, it has a pool is centrally located good for getting to all of the sights, we have transfers all booked up, and we had a deal that included breakfast each day a bottle of Carva in each room, and an upgraded corner suite room.

It's far better being centrally located near Placa Cataluna as the hop on hop off start there and get crowded the public transport hub is there the airport bus terminates there, there are shops, the Hard Rock Cafe and the start of walking La Rambala there.

Places near the port such as agar and a marinas are expensive and a bit out of it, take care not to go the wrong side of the port in places like Barcelonaette say hotels like The W as there out on a peninsular are hard to get to anything, there not on the same port as the cruise port.

We just got back from our Med cruise!! Absolutely loved it :)

We stayed at Hispanola Suiza 7. This is one block from Sagrada Familia and also the hop on hop off bus stop. It had a great neighborhood feel with a playground in the park just across the street. We had a nice surprise in that the bar across the street had a magic show for kids!

The hotel arranged for the cab the next day so don't worry about transfers. We have a family of 5 so this was a much better option than staying in two rooms. Also - the gelato shop on the corner across the street was our favorite for our whole trip!

We stayed at the NH hotel. Very clean , close to Sants train and 20 euros to port.

Am replying I this so I can follow as we will be staying in Barcelona after our Dover to Barcelona cruise next August.

If you look at my trip report thread MICKEYMED link below, there are photos of Hotel Jazz, well located, a Bloch from Placa Cataluna and ten mins from the port, next to two rsil stations and airport bud, has small and large family rooms, breakfast invluded desks, a pool on the roof with a bar, we stayed there twice pre and post cruise got a free bottle of Cava per room, snd the service was wonderful, the rooms modern and fresh snd kept well up to date.

It's a three star, I feel personally it's under rated snd a four Star, and has great prices for the location.

DCL hotels are far too far out of the centre, the HOHO bus starts at Placa Cataluna and Also La Rambala there as well as the hard rock cafe.

Copied some photos from my thread over here for you.

Day one. Travel. Started off well to the airport and check in, but flight delay due to (1) incoming flight delay and (2) reported thunderstorms at Barcelona meaning Spanish Air traffic delays at destination and restricted slots. Plans on arrival cut any rest time out so we will have a transfer to our hotel checkin and then after a quick freshen up go to the Hard Rock for dinner where we have a reservation. Plans post dinner are to walk La Rambala subject to the rain. We embark the cruise on Saturday. First tip of the day! It rains in Spain, yes it's normally hot in summer but bring a Mac or poncho and have plan B touring plans for rain say Sagrada familia ! Present flight we could see the captain going around the thunder clouds locally as we got into Spanish airspace . We landed at 15.25 local that's about 40 mins late. Border control and to baggage reclaim at 15.40 nothing up yet.first thing seen through border control was a DCL rep. In fact there was another DCL rep at our baggage claim and plenty outside we were out and in our private transfer by 15.55 on the way to the city.

We got to our Hotel around 16.30 local.

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

More updates here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter