Barefoot in the Parks?

Super Mom

Mouseketeer
I am planning on bringing swimsuits for my 3 DS's to wear when they play in Curious George, The Olive, etc. Do I need to bring their water shoes too or can they run around in barefeet? Is it safe and appropriate to go barefoot? I want them to wear sneakers and socks for touring, but don't want them to have to walk around with wet shoes on.

They can go barefoot in the Woody Wood Pecker play area. The parents sit on a wall surrounding the area and watch.

A good idea is to have them wear a bathing suit under their cloths. Have them take off the outer cloths and shoes and give them to you. Leave them on the wall if you want, noone will mess with them. When they're done, have them go into the bathroom and wring out their bathing suit, then put the cloths back on over it and they'll be dry.

Here's something my daughter and I found out the hard way. Don't walk around the parks with flip flops or sandals on. Your feet will get tired out quickly. Always wear sneakers to the park.

Last year when we visited, my family wore Tevas. They are the best. They dry quickly and keep your feet comfortable.

Vonda

Quick note: The concrete around the park heats up quick, and it becomes very painful to the bottoms of the feet, so bring some flip-flops with you for the walk to the changing rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter