Batty familys US Adventure - TR - NOW WIITH PHOTOS!!

thank you for sharing your trip with us:)

I've really enjoyed reading it:cheer2:

Thanks for sharing your trip, sorry to hear that the heat had such a big impact.

did you find it easy to get between Universal and HRH?

And one more question, was there a toaster at Doubletree (I am positive that we crave vegemite toast more when we are traveling).

Catching up! Thanks for sharing your trip. Despite the heat and rain, I think you and the family still managed to have a great trip.

Looking forward to the pics!

Toy Story,

I was going to mention, although Doubletree has a kitchenette, it has no appliances or plates, cutlery etc - There is a coffee maker and they leave paper cups - but thats it.

Oh and getting between HRH and Universal is super easy - its a five -ten minute walk, or there is a boat that leaves every 15-20mins, its really not very far

So, now I have edited my photoes somewhat, have got it down from 2000 to 1500 - I have to work out how to post them!:confused3

Stay tuned - thats this weekends job!!!

So, now I have edited my photoes somewhat, have got it down from 2000 to 1500 - I have to work out how to post them!:confused3

Stay tuned - thats this weekends job!!!

To post photos, you can create a free photobucket account. You upload the photos you want to post there by clicking the upload button. You will then be given many image links for each photo (they are listed under the photo in your album). You click on the IMG code and you just copy and paste that code into your post where you want the photo to appear :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing-very enjoyable. Sounds like a typical holiday-the highs, the lows, the dramas, good food, bad food, good choices, bad choices, someone unwell at some time, great new experiences ...and always worth it with great memories! especially nice to have what I guess might be a last hol with all your teens together.

Toy Story,

I was going to mention, although Doubletree has a kitchenette, it has no appliances or plates, cutlery etc - There is a coffee maker and they leave paper cups - but thats it.

Oh and getting between HRH and Universal is super easy - its a five -ten minute walk, or there is a boat that leaves every 15-20mins, its really not very far

Thank you for letting me know - I will be packing a bowl for DD to eat her cereal in every morning. What is it with paper-cups? Last year at Disney we ended up drinking tea out of glasses. Not sure if we will take cups with us, or make this high on our souvenir list.

So I have now added some photos - sorry about the sizing - some I resized, some I missed -

In summary, despite the heat, we had an amazing holiday - We went in September as it coincided with our school hols - so if travelling at this time of year again, I would look into planning more park touring during EMH evening hours - it was really nice being out in the evenings - and the parks are really beautiful after dark. I had deliberately avoided EMH hours as I read they were more crowded - let yourselves sleep/swim throughout the day, and hit the parks late afternoon!

But crowds were low, we were really grateful for this, whenever we looked back at empty queuing areas I would think how awful it would be to be here when these lines were full.

And we loved free dining - these are the advantages of going in September. As a family of five adults, each TS meal was close to $200 - (not that we would have eaten out like this had we been paying) It really added an extra dimension to our holiday. I deliberately chose restaurants at some of the deluxe resorts so that we could sticky beak - we loved that. We happily paid only the gratuities.

It really was worth us staying on site for the dining. We loved Pop century, and would stay again in a heartbeat - I was annoyed that there werent more options for families of five - but for us, having two rooms at Pop was better than one anywhere else. Like everything at Disney, Pop Century is immaculately clean and over the top in detail - DH and I would have liked a queen bed, but the kids were happy with their own double (although there was dispute about who had to share with Mum and Dad :rotfl:) - Art of Animation is opening soon that will cater to families, but I believe they will only have fold out beds for the children - teens need a proper bed.

Although there is plenty we didnt see at WDW, and it really is amazing, if we were to ever have another Disney holiday, I think we would head to DLR.

Cool summary and pictures. Loved seeing your gorgeous family and gorgeous you in them.

Thanks for sharing!

princess::upsidedow

ps. NEXT TIME ..... P-A-R-I-S!!!

Absolutely awesome photos, thanks so much for sharing.
:eek: to the photo of your shopping ( mind you our last trip probably would have looked similar had I put it all together).

Thanks for adding the photo's. The plane landing is amazing, and I love the view from the Doubletree.

Totally agree about the WDW options for a family of 5. The Art of Animation rooms are meant to be quite expensive.

Battymum - loved going back over your TR now that the photos are added and I wanted to say that you have captured so many great moments. The kids look like they are having the best time, although it would've been good to see a few more with you in :).

And of course, seeing the pic of the Mahi Mahi has put the biggest smile on my face :rotfl:

Excellent trip report Battymum! I loved reading about your adventures. Loved the pics you have posted. The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Your photos are a fantastic addition to your wonderful TR! You all looked like they were having a great time.

Sadly,
Decided to delete the ticker that magically appeared while we were away!

I kinda got used to it being there. :sad2:

What can I plan now? (Quietly wishing for Hawaii April 2013...:ssst:)

Well then, you should quietly start planning that. It's amazing what the universe will bring to you if you convince yourself it's happening :rotfl2:

For anyone thats interested, here is a pic of DD's formal dress and shoes - wish I was young and slim enough to wear them - although I am wearing the shoes at the moment - trying to break them in a bit for her...:rolleyes1

PA254603.jpg

PA254604.jpg

PA254605.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter