Bay Lake Tower - 2 bedroom - book it or wait for refurb?

Kelly T.

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip for my niece’s first trip. Looking at potentially staying in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake to be able to walk to MK, but I’ve seen some reviews and posts in other forums that say these rooms are in dire need of a refurb.
Most things I can overlook, but some posts mentioned there’s a moldy smell or mold in the bathrooms.
Has anyone stayed or been in the 2 bedroom villa recently and can let me know your experience with the room?

You should wait. Probably years. :rolleyes1

But personally I would book there if it's available. Last stay was in Oct/Nov last year in a 2BR and it was just fine. If there's mold on the shower grout then call housekeeping. Not all rooms will be the same but that applies to all the resorts.

We were in a 1 BR in March and it was fine. I couldn’t find anything to complain about regarding cleanliness. I’m booking our next few trips there with no hesitation. Housekeeping was around in the hallways often.

Not all rooms will be the same but that applies to all the resorts.
This. It’s going to be a crapshoot. I’m sure some rooms are still great. I’m sure some rooms are below the standards of many. And there’s no guarantees what you will get.

I would wait. We stayed in March 2022 (a 2 br) and were disappointed at the condition (and style) of the rooms. In dire need of a refresh, and update. The grey carpet is bad enough to begin with, but it was dirty, damaged as well. The stainless steel appliances dent and scratch easily, and so...they are dented and scratched. The bathrooms were also showing their age but were not mouldy.

I will be giving BLT a miss until the refurb.

I haven't stayed in the last 2 years but love the style of this resort and convenience it provides...especially the Top of the World experience. It gets a knock for its contemporary theming that just isn't enough Disney for some but having the Monorail to other resorts and either busing or railing to Epcot makes it a hands down top tier resort. I feel the one bedroom floorplans are better than most of the other DVC clubs. As a club, the ROFR list has been showing sales in the $130 to $125 range and it has lower fees...also points per night are way less than the Grand.

I've never had an issue with our rooms and we always stay in 2 bdrm. Last time there was June of '22. Maybe we've been lucky, but if things were that bad, you'd think we'd have been unlucky at least once...

We stayed in a 2BR BLT recently and it's dated but nothing beyond that. It's tired from wear and tear on furniture etc and no USB ports is super frustrating (goes for all units in BLT), but we certainly did not notice moldy smells or anything.

We were there over marathon weekend this year in a 2 bedroom, and while the rooms are feeling dated and in need of a refresh, we had no issues with cleanliness. I have it booked again for next marathon weekend.

This is definitely subjective to whom you ask.
We stayed in a Theme Park View, one bedroom in October, and absolutely fell in love! Our only complaint were some things were a little dinged up and very few USB ports. Housekeeping was amazing, it was super clean. We loved how big the room was. The huge windows in the living area are phenomenal. The extra bathroom was so nice! We have just booked the two bedroom for our January stay. It is my new favorite resort!

Planning a trip for my niece’s first trip. Looking at potentially staying in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake to be able to walk to MK, but I’ve seen some reviews and posts in other forums that say these rooms are in dire need of a refurb.
Most things I can overlook, but some posts mentioned there’s a moldy smell or mold in the bathrooms.
Has anyone stayed or been in the 2 bedroom villa recently and can let me know your experience with the room?
I was there in May and did not notice anything unusual as far as mold, etc.
Also note that you could spend a few more points and stay at the Grand Floridian
which you can also walk from to the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter