*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone has any experience with rope dropping MK via the walking path. Specifically, do you know what time the security checkpoint will start processing people through to be able to get in line at the turnstiles for Early Entry?

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone has any experience with rope dropping MK via the walking path. Specifically, do you know what time the security checkpoint will start processing people through to be able to get in line at the turnstiles for Early Entry?
I would like to follow this Q as well for a reply.

Not owners here but my wife and kids stayed in a 1 bedroom Dec 13-18th and we really loved it. Had a Lake View but got Room 3710 and we got a great view of fireworks pretty much every night. My wife loved the smell of the resort and she has said it is her favorite we have stayed at (SS, Boardwalk, Beach Club)

I asked on my way back tonight. And the security guard said it should open around 7:30 tomorrow morning for 8:30 early entry. He also said that at 7:30 the line usually goes back really far

I asked on my way back tonight. And the security guard said it should open around 7:30 tomorrow morning for 8:30 early entry. He also said that at 7:30 the line usually goes back really far
This is tremendous, thank you! I haven't been able to find recent first hand experience anywhere so I very much appreciate it!

Not owners here but my wife and kids stayed in a 1 bedroom Dec 13-18th and we really loved it. Had a Lake View but got Room 3710 and we got a great view of fireworks pretty much every night. My wife loved the smell of the resort and she has said it is her favorite we have stayed at (SS, Boardwalk, Beach Club)

good to hear!
We also really like it, which is so strange as i was sure i would hate it.
We bought here before we'd ever stayed as we wanted the location to be able to walk into MK.
I'd always hated the contemporary, so i was sure i'd hate BLT, but strange as it is, i love staying at BLT. We all do. So odd. We've stayed at all the WDW resorts and while GF and WL remain my favorites in terms of theming, i prefer staying at BLT!!

Just finished a week-long stay at BLT over the New Year’s weekend and had a great time. So amazing to have a view of the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary, the monorail, etc.

Tuesday night I came home to see a procession of cherry pickers start crossing the parking lot at 11 pm and then saw that a crew was removing all the holiday decorations from the lobby. The next morning the huge Christmas tree at the Contemporary had vanished! I know because once was back in my unit I enjoyed looking at the tree before I went to bed—and just in time!

Attachments

• 0A483FDF-F572-4F60-8C15-56588C1775ED.jpeg
    0A483FDF-F572-4F60-8C15-56588C1775ED.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 245D8CA8-8EA1-4E6F-BAD4-84FDA11B789F.jpeg
    245D8CA8-8EA1-4E6F-BAD4-84FDA11B789F.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi all! I asked this in the contemporary thread too but haven’t received a reply. If anyone is there, can you confirm that the feature pool is closed on time for refurbishment (was supposed to close Jan 9th). I’m trying to get an idea of when it will open in April since I have a trip planned. Thank you!!!

HI all -- I tried to search this thread but I'm having trouble finding the answer. I know NYE is very popular. Does it book up immediately? I plan to log on right away, but I would just need one night in a 2 Bedroom. how hard it this to book? thank you.

HI all -- I tried to search this thread but I'm having trouble finding the answer. I know NYE is very popular. Does it book up immediately? I plan to log on right away, but I would just need one night in a 2 Bedroom. how hard it this to book? thank you.
We have gone for NYE for a few years now, but we always start on December 29, and have not had a problem. Sorry, I don’t know about just the one night.

Hi all! I asked this in the contemporary thread too but haven’t received a reply. If anyone is there, can you confirm that the feature pool is closed on time for refurbishment (was supposed to close Jan 9th). I’m trying to get an idea of when it will open in April since I have a trip planned. Thank you!!!
The pool was not closed as of Jan 11th

Anyone know if there are pool cabanas specifically at the Bay Lake pool (Bay Cove Pool)? Looking to rent one for our upcoming trip, but wondering if they are all at the Contemp pools.

Rope drop can be difficult from BLT. You are released from security at the same time as bus passengers get through, so you are quite a way behind. The bus people are generally directed to the monorail side entrances. You will get up there and see many ahead of you. So, you need to hang back a bit and and when they let you go to BLT side turnstiles you should be at or near the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter