BCV Condition

Cheltenham

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of booking a BCV 2 BR for January. I have never stayed at BCV and would like to give it a try. Trip advisor, however, has a lot of people complaining that the rooms are in bad shape. Can anyone recently there comment? When was the last refurbishment? Any announced?

Thanks.

We stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV May 2013. We had done a split stay with the first part of our trip in a 2 bedroom at BLT and the last half of the trip at BCV. Going from the updated BLT to BCV was a real shocker! The rooms seemed smaller and obviously outdated but you can not beat a 5 minute walk into Epcot and the pool was amazing! Our room was clean and adequate but without question the BCV could use a refurb. Even with saying that I would stay there again.

I was just there last month. The furniture, walls and carpet look rough around the edges, particularly in the hallways. That said, the unit was totally clean and the overall resort is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I am thinking of booking a BCV 2 BR for January. I have never stayed at BCV and would like to give it a try. Trip advisor, however, has a lot of people complaining that the rooms are in bad shape. Can anyone recently there comment? When was the last refurbishment? Any announced?

Thanks.

Here's the thing, well a coup,e of things, actually. BCV is themed to look like a shabby chic beach cottage, so even when it was new it had a lived-in feel. Secondly, the DVC resorts are timeshares, so they are meant to have about a 98 percent occupancy rate. This means a whole lot of wear and tear and since members pay for refurbish out of their dues, the DVC villas aren't refurbed as often as regular Disney resorts.

I was at the BCV last week in a dedicated 2Q 2BR. The room was fine no issues at all. As stated before the location, walking distance to 2 parks is unbeatable.

I stayed in room 110, a 1-br on the first floor, in early May. The dishwasher door didn't close or lock right and one of the wheels was missing on the bottom carrier, something I didn't figure out till the last night of fighting with trying to slide it in and out.

The toilet paper holder kept popping off and finally we gave up and left the toilet paper on the toilet lid. The remote control didn't work in the living room but housekeeping came, tried batteries, then finally gave us a new remote. One of the light switches didn't turn anything on or off, no biggie. Some of the forks and spoons were bent and looked pretty worn.

Other than those little things, everything was in good order. All the drawers worked, nothing was chipped or stained. The most annoying was the dishwasher because it kept getting stuck and I'm sure housekeeping must have seen the missing wheel and broken door and did nothing about it.

It does have a shabby chic feel but I liked the decor better than the Boardwalk villas.

The best way I can describe it, is, it's just old. It does need refurbishment, and I think there is a major one scheduled for 2014. ?? Not 100% on that though. But for convenience and being in a great area, we love it there. However, if you are expecting nice and new, everything clean and sleek looking, you might be disappointed.

Did a split stay during Spring Break this year. SSR was in much better shape. In general, BCV had a lot of chips and scratches in tile, furniture, counter tops, etc. Yes it could use some TLC but its not dirty and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again...

We stayed in villa 469 last week and I thought it was fine. I had some reservations based on what I've read on the Dis. The baseboards were a little banged up and could use a paint job and the comforters are outdated...nothing major though. It was very clean which is important to me.

We've stayed in a 2 bedroom dedicated every year for the past 5+ years. I have always been pleased with the quality of the rooms. I love this resort (my home)...especially the walk to Epcot.

Although my room was worn, I loved the quiet pool, pool view from my 3rd floor balcony, and short walk to Epcot's International Gateway.

If room condition is a priority, then I would suggest staying at a newer or recently refurbished resort.

However, if your family loves Epcot, Hollywood Studios and/or pool time, then BCV is the place to be.:beach:

We also just stayed in 469- earlier this week. We thought it was great. Didn't notice anything looking shabby at all. Beautiful resort- cant wait to stay there again!

A major refurb is scheduled to begin January 2014. Not sure how long it will take. In the meantime, there is a subtle distinction here between worn and dirty; BCV units are definitely worn, but they are not dirty and we have never had a problem that warranted a complaint.

I also contend that not staying at BCV for fear of a slightly worn room is sort of silly because BCV has never been about the rooms or the views but about the location, the pool and all that you have at your fingertips. The room is where we keep our clothes, sleep and eat a quick breakfast; the rest of the property is where we have fun.

We stayed in a dedicated two bedroom this past February and loved it. Not a problem with anything and to me it looked just as it should, a weathered beach resort. We were so comfortable staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter