BCV, DBW, DVO, DSS - Oh my! A lil' help, please

joannchilada

Awesomeness!
I was advised by a helpful member to report this message here from a different forum:

Hey, people!

I'm trying to choose between DBW, DVO, DSS, and BCV for one week - fun/romantic trip for two twenty-somethings. I was just looking for some opinions on the romance level of each place (the pool, the atmosphere, the view, etc), as well as other general tips. The last time I went to Disney I was 13, so I'm totally clueless when it comes to these resorts.

I find some of the websites out there to be a little overwhelming with the amount of information and options. They're also more promotional than opinion-based.

The hotel cost isn't a concern (family timeshare). I think we would like to do some romantic quiet nights and some nights out. I was also wondering if any one is more geared to adults than another.

The room is important - the bed, the view, the bathroom, etc. Transportation, as in bus and shuttle, is also very important since we will not have our own car. I would also be interested in what people thought about the pool.

Another choice was the DWL, but I ruled that out because we live in New England and I would just head to Vermont for a lodge experience. We're more interested in enjoying the atmosphere of Florida.

Any advice/tips/experiences in relation to these resorts would be helpful, and if it meets any of the criteria I'm looking for, all the better.

Thanks a bunch everyone! This is my first "adult" trip, post-college, away from New England, and without family. I'm so excited!

:love2:

So what is DVO or DSS? I know DSS as Decision Support Systems, but that's not what you mean. Do you mean SSR (Saratoga Springs Resort)?

SSR is very close to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. At the Congress Park area of SSR, you can usually get a view of DTD and PI. Nice quiet pool. That's probably as close to an adult venue that you might get. Of course, the BWV (Boardwalk Villas) are close to the Boardwalk with their restaurants and clubs (not as many as PI).

I used the abbreviations provided by the timeshare company. Here is what they mean:

Disney's Beach Club Villas • BCV

Disney's BoardWalk Villas • DBW

Disney's Old Key West Resort • DVO

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa • DSS

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for responding

:earboy2:

I had to look at your post just to see what you meant too.

To answer your question, you probably would like an Epcot resort best...either BWV or BCV. Beach Club has a really great pool--almost a mini water park, and is closest to the back entrance (IG=International Gateway) to Epcot. But Bowardwalk has all the great nightlife nearby, and is also an easy walk to the IG. So, as a 20-something, take your pick....

I'm 28 and the DH is 34. We went for the romantic vacation last year and ended up staying at BWV. Without a doubt that would be my suggestion!!! There are quiet pools at BWV and an amazing pool at BCV. The big downfall to the pool at the BCV is the fact that kids love it and if you want romance...well it's a little hard with a million kids around. OKW and VWL are secluded so that could be romantic too. I guess SSR could be romantic if you enjoyed spas and stuff like that, but I think that's all the romance that SSR has to offer.

So basically...if you want secluded romance then choose either OKW or VWL. If you want romance but still want to interact with people then choose either BWV or BCV. My choices:

#1 BWV
#2 BCV
#3 SSR
#4 VWL
#5 OKW

Hope this helps!! Enjoy the romance!!

Amanda

When you say family timeshare, do you mean they own DVC or you are wanting to trade in through Interval? Since you were using Interval's abbreviations I thought that might be the case. That would make a difference in what you could get.

jbthi said:
When you say family timeshare, do you mean they own DVC or you are wanting to trade in through Interval? Since you were using Interval's abbreviations I thought that might be the case. That would make a difference in what you could get.
I was wondering about that as well. I hope that she is patient and does some planning as I understand that getting into DVC from an outside timeshare is difficult but can be done.

Personally, I think the most romantic of DVC's resorts as far as theming is concerned is VWL with SSR possibly the second but this also depends on what the couple enjoy.

My list would be :
OKW
VWL
SSR
for romance and quiet seclusion as well as great bus transportation.

I recognized those II codes right away. I think you won't go wrong with any of the DVC resorts. For two twenty-somethings I think that the nightlife available at the Epcot resorts (Boardwalk and Beach Club) and at Downtown Disney (Saratoga Springs) would be ideal. Then again, Old Key West is just a boat ride away from Downtown Disney, and Wilderness Lodge Villas a quick boat ride to the Magic Kingdom. Really, I think you'd be happy with any of them.

So for your II search, I would recommend putting all of the DVC resorts in Orlando into the mix, and choosing as broad a selection of dates as you can. If you can do it, insist on a 1BR unit in the trade, but you may end up only matching for studios, depending on the time of year. For II trades, I have had the best luck in January, early to mid May and September. September is mid-Hurricane season and it rains a lot, but the parks are wide open and uncrowded. I love January myself, but many foks don't like that temps are sometimes down in the 50s (me, I'm from Maine, so 50s is still shorts and sandals weather). May is a lovely time to be in WDW. Hey, and you might match during a different time period.

Good luck with your II search. Again, be as flexible as possible and you will come up with something great (I hope).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter