BCV is our new FAVORITE resort

Pennyguy23

DIS Veteran
Well we just got back from the BCV and that resort is truly GREAT. It is nice and small. You don't have to walk 2 miles to get to your room. Great pool. Great night life. Now I understand what everyone is obsessed about. I am calling my guide sunday and getting put on the waitlist. We stayed at OKW our first night.(couldn't get into the BVC Sunday). That is by far our least favorite resort. WAY to big. We were in unit 55 though. It might have been different if we were closer to the main building but, having to take a bus to get to my room is just NUTS to me. So I don't think we will be staying there unless that is the ONLY thing available.

But I do have a question. We just bought 3 50 point contracts at AKV last month. Could we cancel one of them to pay for a 50 point BCV contract. I put the numbers together and that would be perfect for us for 3 or 4 years. (Banking and borrowing) We need 70 points for 5 nights in March.(Nice little trip between our New years and May trips)

So put us on the list of BVC LOVERS

Glad you had a good time! I really love BCV too. The only thing I don't like is that it has alot of bad views (and alot of good ones too). I find myself using most of my BCV points at BWV because of this. I spend alot of time on the balcony in the evening when my kids are in bed so view is important.

I hope you get your add on quickly!

I too love the BCV:love: As it is my home resort, I keep saying to my husband we need to try some of the other resorts, but its so hard to give up staying at the BCV. One of these days maybe our addiction to it will wear off.
YEA Right!:rolleyes1 Welcome home in advance from one BCV lover to another!:hyper2:

This is so nice to hear! We'll be staying at BCV for the first time in May and we're really looking forward to it! :)

We are owners at BCV and we :love: :love: :love: the resort as well! We bought into DVC last year :cloud9: after finally convincing DH and his only stipulation was that the points had to be at BCV (fine with me its my favorite anyway). It is the absolute best location in our opinion and we have always had such wonderful stays there. DD and I are headed back in June for our fist 10 day stay and we are excited beyond belief. I would like to try all of the DVC resorts one day if I can ever tear myself away from BCV!

The location was great but that to us wasn't half of it. I truly can't explain how great it was. We had a nice forest view on the 4th floor so that probably added to the happiness. We couldn't find one this to complain about:lmao:

We will have stayed at ever resort when our May trip get here. It will have only taken us 5 MONTHS to stay at THEM ALL

I think I am :sick:

...(snip).....But I do have a question. We just bought 3 50 point contracts at AKV last month. Could we cancel one of them to pay for a 50 point BCV contract. I put the numbers together and that would be perfect for us for 3 or 4 years. (Banking and borrowing) We need 70 points for 5 nights in March.(Nice little trip between our New years and May trips)

So put us on the list of BVC LOVERS
Were the 3 50 point contracts at AKV your first purchase or were they add ons? If they were add ons, you might be able to change one of them to BCV - call your guide. If you've already closed, the answer is probably going to be no.

If the 3 contracts were your first DVC purchase, I'm 99.999% sure the answer is no. Believe that the 150 point initial buy-in must be from one resort. Add on contracts can be from any resort and for as little as 25 points.

Another BCV lover checking in. But I don't stay there on all my trips because DH is one of those "OKW fanatics" (in the words of DVC sales), so I only get to BCV on my solo trips. Did you have any gelato? If so, did you notice if they had pistachio? That's my favorite flavor and last time I was at BCV, they told me they'd discontinuted gelato. But someone told me they just had some there. But even without pistachio gelato, BCV's the best!

We are going in a 2BR this Sept with my parents for the first trip home (even though we own 2 other resorts). Besides SAB, what are the others things that make this so great? I cannot wait to find out for myself, but wanted to ask BCVLovers.

The location was great but that to us wasn't half of it. I truly can't explain how great it was. We had a nice forest view on the 4th floor so that probably added to the happiness. We couldn't find one this to complain about:lmao:

We will have stayed at ever resort when our May trip get here. It will have only taken us 5 MONTHS to stay at THEM ALL

I think I am :sick:

Ah, that is my favorite view. We stayed on the third floor a couple years back with that view, it was wonderful! I watched Illuminations from the balcony every night :cloud9: Where are you staying in May?

Were the 3 50 point contracts at AKV your first purchase or were they add ons? If they were add ons, you might be able to change one of them to BCV - call your guide. If you've already closed, the answer is probably going to be no.

If the 3 contracts were your first DVC purchase, I'm 99.999% sure the answer is no. Believe that the 150 point initial buy-in must be from one resort. Add on contracts can be from any resort and for as little as 25 points.

Our master contract is at SSR. How do I know if we closed. I just send the signed paperwork back last week. But when we got home yesterday. We had in the mail that they need a copy of our marriage cert. So it would seem that we haven't closed yet. But I am also think that it would only be another 53$ a month if we just did another add on. Because I still really want to be on the tapestery.

We are going in a 2BR this Sept with my parents for the first trip home (even though we own 2 other resorts). Besides SAB, what are the others things that make this so great? I cannot wait to find out for myself, but wanted to ask BCVLovers.

Everything!!! Rooms were very cute. Having the view of BW at night and the night life over there. Location. Themeing. We are HUGE beach lovers. Our home here in michigan has a nautical theme to it.

Here is my other obsession.
tank2-1.jpg

backtank1.jpg

This is in our living room. So the ocean/beach type it truly our favorite. I just wish we would have stayed here alot sooner

Ah, that is my favorite view. We stayed on the third floor a couple years back with that view, it was wonderful! I watched Illuminations from the balcony every night :cloud9: Where are you staying in May?

We are staying at VWL for a 7 nights then to BWV for 5 nights

Another BCV lover checking in. But I don't stay there on all my trips because DH is one of those "OKW fanatics" (in the words of DVC sales), so I only get to BCV on my solo trips. Did you have any gelato? If so, did you notice if they had pistachio? That's my favorite flavor and last time I was at BCV, they told me they'd discontinuted gelato. But someone told me they just had some there. But even without pistachio gelato, BCV's the best!

Personally the lemon is my favorite, but they are all good!! I also head they got rid of Pistachio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter