BCV or BWV studio?

kenny

DIS Veteran
DW and I are thinking of doing a short 3night adults only trip in April. Would be the week of Easter so we know the crowds will be heavy. We have stayed at BCV in a studio with the kids and loved the resort. Wish it had better views though

Never stayed at BWV before. Views look great. Not sure on rest of resort.

Any recommendations on which to pick? Can't go wrong with BC but thinking of trying bw. Just afraid we would not like it as much. Probably the only chance to go away without kids so have to make it count!! Lol

Thx

Honestly, BWV and BCV are so similar it is hard to tell them apart until you look for food or a pool! I actually prefer the leisure pool at BWV than at BCV... BCV pool seems very noisy and full of children later than I see at BWV.
Although you have one more option to cut over to the original BC leisure pool which is less likely to be noisy.

Food is different of course... but the two are so close you can get to food at either with a short walk or boat ride.

It's really nice to have the boardwalk itself for an evening stroll, too.

If you've never been, try BWV and ask for a room facing the leisure pool or the garden courtyard for your getway.

My family will be there beginning the weekend after Easter and SAB is so appealing to us, that's where we'll be.

Boardwalk for an adults only trip. Beach club had tons of kids. .. Plus you're just going to end up at boardwalk at night anyways.

DW and I are thinking of doing a short 3night adults only trip in April. Would be the week of Easter so we know the crowds will be heavy. We have stayed at BCV in a studio with the kids and loved the resort. Wish it had better views though

Never stayed at BWV before. Views look great. Not sure on rest of resort.

Any recommendations on which to pick? Can't go wrong with BC but thinking of trying bw. Just afraid we would not like it as much. Probably the only chance to go away without kids so have to make it count!! Lol

Thx
Do you have a car? Parking at the BWV is not nearly as easy as parking at BCV. You park right next to the villas at BCV, but you might be parking across the road from the resort and then you hike through the parking lot and up the hill to get to the resort.

Is QS important? BC has the Marketplace with some items to purchase to order. BW doesn't have anything in the resort and you have to go out to the BW to get food (except for limited offering from the coffee cart area at the BWI). BW Bakery is supposed to be nice, but you'll be walking down to the BW to get there.

Taking buses? BC usually shares with YC. BWV usually shares with Swan, Dolphin and BWI. Sometimes all five will be on one bus.

Going to Epcot more than DHS? BCV is very close, closer than BWV. Heading to DHS more? BWV is a bit closer by walking. Taking the boat? You have to hike over to the YC to catch a boat. BWV, the boat is right outside the resort.

Want a view of the lake? BWV can give you a lake view. BCV, you won't get a lake view. And you might get a roadview with road noise.

Thanks

QS not really an issue. Would hit primarily Epcot and MK. BC is closer to Epcot but BW is pretty close so not an issue

Would have a car most likely. Did like bc parking but parking is not really a factor for 3 days. Wouldn't use the car that much and without the kids not a big deal to walk across street

Did really like the BW view. I am a big view person. Would like to sit outside with coffee in am and wine in pm. Our bc room had view of woods and road. HUGE balcony but nothing to look at

If you are a "view person" (I am), then I think you will like BW view. If you decide to try it then be sure to go online at exactly 7 months out and waitlist if necessary. All BW view rooms have a view of the BW but higher ones see more of Illuminations so request a high floor (no guarantee on requests, of course). Whatever you decide, have a great time. I think all couples deserve a no-kid trip once in a while!

We own @ both. My DH prefers BW. If we are going for the pool, then SAB @ BC wins. For everything else, we love BW. Parking is not bad & lots of food choices right on the BW. Kouzzina has great breakfast. Bakery, ice cream shop, & pizza counter right there. I hear Flying Fish has great dinner & Jelly Rolls is fun, too! I would definitely try BW.

Thanks

QS not really an issue. Would hit primarily Epcot and MK. BC is closer to Epcot but BW is pretty close so not an issue

Would have a car most likely. Did like bc parking but parking is not really a factor for 3 days. Wouldn't use the car that much and without the kids not a big deal to walk across street

Did really like the BW view. I am a big view person. Would like to sit outside with coffee in am and wine in pm. Our bc room had view of woods and road. HUGE balcony but nothing to look at

BW view is going to be hard to get a seven months out. Good luck.

But, if you only book preferred garden/pool, ask for Village Green. That will give you the area right near the boat dock.

Why don't you book BW if you can get the BW View. If you can't book BC. Let fate take a hand.

BW View will be hard to get for April at 7 months, so if its the view that is driving your decision - take it if you can get it, and go with BC if you can't.

The best way to handle parking at BW: Cross the street and bridge then take the walkway into the end of the BWV wing. We always request ground floor leisure pool view and this places us in a happy medium between parking/bus and lobby/boat/food.

I LOVE Boardwalk so much better than Beach club....just giving you my two cents :)

Me too. We stayed at BWV for the 1st time in 2012 and the BCV in 2013. We regretted not staying at BWV again. BCV weren't bad, but they felt very much separated from the resort, which is odd since the walk from our room to the Marketplace was about 45 seconds. It's just perception.

Both rooms have similar decor, but I prefer the BW's overall theme.

We've stayed at both and prefer BW. The walk to Epcot is only a couple minutes longer (we've timed it). And we really don't mind having a standard view (great people watching opportunities....and sometimes we luck out and get a room with great views of Illuminations). We sold our BCV points to buy BLT and never regretted it. We've had our BWV points since '97. Keep in mind that some of the balconies for BW view studios are very close to the next room. have stayed in one a couple of times for short trips....it IS very nice to see spaceship earth at night from your balcony. We did not find noise from the Boardwalk to be disturbing either. As a PP said, try for the BW view...waitlist if you can't get it. Either way.....you will be in Disney and you'll have a great time.

We got a 1 bdr BW view this past April right at the 7 month mark. The view was amazing, and like OP's have said the noise from the boardwalk wasn't bad. We had a car, and the self-park lot was far, but not across the street.
I would go with BW and try for the BW view.

Got BW with a BW view. That was what I was shooting for but funny that BC was not available for every night. Would have thought the other way round

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter