BCV or VWL?

ercrbc

Mouseketeer
I am planning for nxt yr and would love some help deciding on a resort for our trip in Sept. We want to try a new resort and have narrowed it down to the BCV or VWL. (both will be subject to availability at 7mo of course)
We are a family of 5, kids will be 7, almost 4 and 12months. We always drive so buses are not an issue. We will try for the week of labor day so pool is important, but I am concerned SAB may be too overwhelming with small children.
I would love some opinions on both resorts, thanks so much!

With small children my bet is MK will be the primary destination.

From VWL the trip is an easy boat or bus ride (strollers just roll onto the boat).

From BCV it's either a bus (that shares with many other resorts) or a walk/boat trip to Epcot, walk through Epcot and 2 monorail trips.

I'd go with VWL, and that's not just because I'm biased that way ;)

I highly recomend VWL, we just Love it :love:
Leave the car and take the Boat over to the MK, it's quite nice, very relaxing

You can't go wrong with your choices. SAB is a great pool, but might be a little spread out for your liking.

VWL is a beautiful resort with nice access to MK via boat. Also the nightly Electrical Water Pageant which comes by the resort.

With the ages of your children, I'd probably go for VWL this trip, and book BCV in a couple of years. But you certainly won't go wrong with either resort. Enjoy!

Totally agree you can't go wrong with either. Those are my 2 favourite resorts. A lot of people express concerns about SAB being too spread out. But you can't let your kids out of your sight for a second at the pool regardless how big it is. You'll be arms length from your little one and 4 year old at all times anyway. SAB has a lot of little lagoons where you can just stay put and it has the zero entry area (VWL does not)

Love being able to walk to 2 parks but the boat from MK is so relaxing. Both resorts have campfires and movies on the beach.

Have stayed at both and love each for different reasons.
VWL: The boat to MK is great and relaxing after a busy day. We also like to take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness to let the kids just wander through the petting zoo and watch Wishes from the FW beach.

BCV: We never feel rushed here either. Zero entry sand bottom pool is perfect. It's not like you are going to give your little ones free reign of the pool area on their own. We also enjoy relaxing on the Boardwalk in the evening. My kids no matter their ages have always been able to enjoy World Showcase and you can't beat walking into the International Gateway just to grab a snack.

Which ever resort you end up going with you will be happy. Pluses to both! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter