BCV rundown

Pinnochio

DIS Veteran
Just bought into BCV last year....been going to wdw for the last 22 years (about 40 trips) and decided to finally buy....bought it sight unseen since we've stayed at the BC numerous times....anyways, a little disappointment set in when i first stepped into our studio...It had a very tired look....not what i was expecting or accustomed to.....

does anyone else feel it is tired and rundown looking? what's up with that?....isn't this a Deluxe resort....these rooms were not Deluxe ....

your observations please.... :confused3

DVC may be considered a deluxe accommodation or may be co-located at a deluxe resort but it's a timeshare that doesn't get referbed as often as the deluxe resort and it has a much higher occupancy rate, thus more wear and tear.

I suggest that everyone stay at the resorts before buying.

:earsboy: Bill

My home resort is also BCV and we love the resort and location. That being said I feel it has looked tired and worn for a long time. The god news is that a rehab is coming soon although the dates have yet to be officially announced.

Just bought into BCV last year....been going to wdw for the last 22 years (about 40 trips) and decided to finally buy....bought it sight unseen since we've stayed at the BC numerous times....anyways, a little disappointment set in when i first stepped into our studio...It had a very tired look....not what i was expecting or accustomed to.....

does anyone else feel it is tired and rundown looking? what's up with that?....isn't this a Deluxe resort....these rooms were not Deluxe ....

your observations please.... :confused3

In defense of BCV, I really think it depends a lot on which villa you get. Please don't hesitate to complain if your unit's run-down looking. I did that once. Stains, chunks out of the coffee table, etc. I finally got ahold of the head of engineering and told him "If that stuff were on Ebay as used resort furniture, I'd still return it." Coincidently, I got that same villa a couple years later-that time everything was spiffy new and spotless. Also, one time, the way the sun came in from the balcony showed how horribly dusty the wicker furniture was between the slats. I went out in the hall and grabbed a mousekeeper and asked her politely that she double-check this occassionally amd clean between the slats between guests. She even offered to change my room, but I said to just clean after I checked out. What a pleasant surprise that when I came back that night, the room was all cleaned, between all the slats and elsewhere, my bed was made, etc. I've found BCV to respond very well to guests' complaints.

We've stayed there quite a few times and yes we've always found the units to be pretty tired and worn out (even not too long after the place opened!). Also, the walls are paper-thin there. It's still one of our favorites though, as it has access to the great pool at the Beach Club.

We own at Boardwalk but we won't stay there. The last unit we had there was disgusting. It def. wasn't like that back when we bought DVC.

My personal experience from trading timeshares is that DVC does not keep units up like Marriott, Starwood, etc. Then again, why should they? They have location going for them and people will still buy in regardless.

I am in a conundrum about where to stay. I have to make a decision in 10 days!!! I want to stay at the BC because we never have but I am going to be upset spending money on a run down unit. But on the other hand the location and pool are so appealing. I would do the BWV but we stayed there last year which leaves us with akl. I am so torn I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!:sad:

I am in a conundrum about where to stay. I have to make a decision in 10 days!!! I want to stay at the BC because we never have but I am going to be upset spending money on a run down unit. But on the other hand the location and pool are so appealing. I would do the BWV but we stayed there last year which leaves us with akl. I am so torn I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!:sad:

I'd stay at BCV. That pool outweighs the downsides for us anyways. Yes the units are rundown (at least the ones we've stayed in), but they weren't moldy or filthy or anything. They just looked tired like the OP said.

thanx everyone for the replies....at least i now know that others feel the same and that more importantly a rehab is coming soon....:yay:

Same feeling here. Still love BCV and the private pool. We have just accepted the current room conditions but are happy about the rehab rumor.

Still VERY glad we bought 13 years ago!

Tom C

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter