BCV Update - Whats going on right now.

saw Art 2 days ago - asked for his autograph
also saw him a few days earlier
He told me he's on vacation in Nov - maybe the week I'll be there celebrating my birthday. He told me his birthday is just a few days later and he usually takes vacation at that time.

They're taking the sheets off the side of the Beach Club

Will be staying at BCV from August 12-22nd. We will be staying in a one bedroom. For those who have stayed or own BCV, am I safe in saying the 5th floor is something I should request at check-in. I am so excited about this coming trip.

Smitty

I would ask now for the 5th floor (before you arrive) and then ask again when you check in.

I asked to be off the bottom floor and for some reason I am always there. It worked ok this last time since my son lived at the pool.

saw Art 2 days ago - asked for his autograph
also saw him a few days earlier
He told me he's on vacation in Nov - maybe the week I'll be there celebrating my birthday. He told me his birthday is just a few days later and he usually takes vacation at that time.

They're taking the sheets off the side of the Beach Club

When we took our son for his birthday and stayed at the BCV, he asked Art for his autograph (before we went to breakfast at Cape May). He wrote my son the nicest paragraph. A true gentleman.

Thanks for the detailed report.

What is the deal with SAB? Any plans for a rehab?

Thanks for the report! I will be at BWV in 3 days, but not back to BCV until January. Can't wait for the flower festival :)

Will be staying at BCV from August 12-22nd. We will be staying in a one bedroom. For those who have stayed or own BCV, am I safe in saying the 5th floor is something I should request at check-in. I am so excited about this coming trip.

Smitty

I always request high floor, since I don't care for ground floor rooms. Once I got 3rd floor and twice I got ground floor :rolleyes: I don't think they like requests at BCV....

Looking forward to seeing Art....TOMORROW !!!!!!!! :rainbow: :rainbow:
My yearly solo trip...OMG...am I there yet??

SingleDigitDance.jpg
SingleDigitDance.jpg
SingleDigitDance.jpg

corpcom....will follow your lead with a mini-trip report.

Just got back from my 10 day birthday solo trip in a 1 bdrm.
My goal this trip was to enjoy some new things that I haven't done/seen in the 36 yrs. of going to WDW as a yearly event:

Room Location
Had room 230, I always ask for a room near the elevator. Didn't get a high floor, as requested, but that's OK, still suits me for breakfast and maybe a nightcap. View was the quiet pool and had a large balcony.

Room Condition
Excellent / clean condition..old matress, still comfortable, pillows very comfortable...guess they haven't replaced all the beds yet. Didn't check out the pull out bed. Didn't have pots/pans, called and got them in 20 min...Great job by housekeeping.

Cast Members
Excellent and very friendly, 3 newbies at the front desk earning thier ears. Spoke to Art, greeter, and mentioned that we on the DIS were worried he might have been ill....he asked to say Thanks for thinking about him...all is OK...he doesn't work past 3 PM any day Mon/Fri.

SAB
Very warm especially for this "northener"..but still refreshing after an 75-85 degree day in the parks. Didn't check out the shape of SAB..ie, chipped edges..didn't care.

Beach Club & Landscaping
Roofs being re-shingled. Didn't notice any problems with lights at night from EPCOT...guess ya need a few "bass ale's" under your belt..:lmao:

Weather & Attendance
With the fires happening in Fla., had many overcast partly cloudy smokey days, smelled the smoke, but, still warm enough to do SAB and good times to tour the parks..low humidity than later in the month.
Light attendance in parks, except for weekends...did Soarin 4 times in a row and saw waits no longer than 15 min.

Flower Festival
Very pretty..don't miss all the nooks & crannies around the park...tons of flowers/topiaries..though I've seen more vendors in past years..pre '05.

Special Surprises
Felt a little strange wearing my birthday button everywhere but got used to it and had either complimentary appies or desserts everywhere I ate this trip, V&A, Citricos, Rangland Rd., CG.
AND... at Le Celliers I met a very nice family sitting next to me. We talked a lot and at the end of the meal..they were very gracious and picked up the tab for my birthday dinner....
WOW...:scared1: ..was I surprised. I couldn't thank them enough...and the next day I wanted to do something special for them..so..I sent them tuxedo strawberries to thier room @ the Poly as my Thank You!!

Took the Backstage Safari Tour...awesome !! :thumbsup2
Hey...FYI, the Poly pool bar has the same pina colada's as the GCH, met some old DIS members there one night to watch WISHES & the EWP and put a face to the siggie.
....and HH's has a great rasberry pina colada :drinking1

BTW.... No, I don't drink home, I'd rather have ice cream!!:rotfl2:

10 day solo birthday trip!! sweeet! :cloud9: :bday:

Good news about Art. Wasn't really worried about him. But it's good to know his hours are reasonable, and I hope he gets frequent vacations too. Don't know how old is he, and too polite to ask.

I can't believe they still have some old beds; it's been almost a year...

corpcom....will follow your lead with a mini-trip report.

Just got back from my 10 day birthday solo trip in a 1 bdrm.
My goal this trip was to enjoy some new things that I haven't done/seen in the 36 yrs. of going to WDW as a yearly event:

BTW.... No, I don't drink home, I'd rather have ice cream!!:rotfl2:

Glad you had a great trip and sounds like you hit all the great eateries
Happy Birthday. - Really nice of that family to treat you to dinner. Le Cellier is the best meat oriented place I've eaten at there. How was V&A?

We'll be there on Sat. Thanks for your report. We stayed there last Oct and they were working on the roof tiles so sounds like it is a long process. Looking forward to SAB. We were completely spoiled last Oct as we almost had the pool to ourselves I hope it isn't too crowded this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter