Be Our Guest - BOG - Dinner vs. Lunch

wdwdancerwannabe

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4 - 2 teens no small children - July 2021 - Counting on everything to be "back to normal".
Kids really want to do BOG - but just don't want to swing the TWO Table service credits. Noticing the lunch option - with quick service. What are the biggest differences between lunch and dinner? I understand we can make ADR's for quick service - I know we would have to order from a counter -- and the food is delivered to us... still in the cart? What else is different - atmosphere/experience wise?

Advice?

We are a family of 4 - 2 teens no small children - July 2021 - Counting on everything to be "back to normal".
Kids really want to do BOG - but just don't want to swing the TWO Table service credits. Noticing the lunch option - with quick service. What are the biggest differences between lunch and dinner? I understand we can make ADR's for quick service - I know we would have to order from a counter -- and the food is delivered to us... still in the cart? What else is different - atmosphere/experience wise?

Advice?
We prefer lunch. At lunch you can choose what & how much to order, whereas dinner is pre-fixe with only a few choices. At lunch you can seat yourself, which is significant as there are 3 very differently themed rooms to choose from. At dinner, they seat you (and naturally, they chose to seat us at a tiny table right inside the front doorway). We also happen to like the food offerings more at lunch, in terms of both taste and cost. Dinner was miserably overpriced for the middling quality of the food. At dinner you meet the Beast, but he doesn't talk or interact much, so unless you're dying for that photo, it isn't worth it imo.

All of this is probably why lunch at BOG is harder to reserve than dinner.

Great info!! Thanks!! Hoping it comes back by next summer - I heard they were suspending the quick service lunch.....

If everything back to normal, then BOG is most likely a QS for Lunch & Breakfast. It’s going table service because of Covid. They don’t want you getting your own drinks and utensils like you did pre Covid. Plus the touchscreen ordering for those who didn’t do advanced ordering online.

We prefer lunch over dinner. It's probably my favorite places to eat on a MK day---the food isn't my favorite compared to other places on property, but the fact that I can make a reservation, show up to the air conditioning and just sit down and have my food brought to me is the most appealing. We do online ordering in advance so it's a super simple meal to a park day. Value wise, dinner is so much more expensive---so lunch is the better way to get to experience the castle in my opinion. I would also imagine during or post-covid things will be different there to some extent.

BOG is a must do on our list for MK. We have picky eaters and the menu has something for everyone. We love the lunch menu. And we LOVE the immersion. We haven't done the Dinner because I really don't think the cost/value is there for us. I'm sure the dinner menu will be good though. You can go to each room and check out all the décor. I love the ball room. Be sure to listen carefully to the Knights while you are lined up in the que :)

I say go for Lunch, Dinner is just overrated.
This has nothing to do with the topic, but I think your signature needs a bit of an update on that photobucket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter