Be our Guest lack of value.

Mickeyviews

Earning My Ears
I think the value a guest receives for the amount of money paid makes this restaurant one of the most overrated dining destinations on property. There is so much they could do as far as character interaction. A couple of examples would be. Belle and the Beast interacting with tables. Maybe they could do a quick waltz in the ballroom. Each room could have some kind of quick skit. So much could be done with this beautiful restaurant. Such a shame...

I miss the quick service options. I do understand why they had to change from letting people get a cupcake for the family, but wish they could have found some middle ground. The 3 course lunch is just too heavy for a theme park day and the cost is too high to just see the beast wander through.

I also hate that they open at 10am for “lunch” and charge the crazy amount they do. I wish they would open for a real sit down breakfast from 8-1050 or whatever like CRT. We went a few times as a quick service, but won’t be back again. Which is a shame because that ballroom is so beautiful.

I do notice that there is availability pretty much any day, most times for our trip next week. Where as I’ve been stalking CRT with no luck.

Would you rather serve one person paying $80, or 10 people paying $8 each? The place was a screaming mess when it was a quick service. It’s much better now.

Also on the QS memory train, we would go about 2 pm, order two coffees and three desserts. Lovely time to sit and recoup for 20 mins.

We ate at BOG under the old menu for lunch. It was our first time there and never saw what some are so amazed about. Seemed like an odd mish/mash of QS &TS and the food was just average. I think some have described it as a fancy cafeteria which was our impression as well. With that pricey new fixed menu we will NOT be going back. Raising the price doesn't make it a better experience. Next I expect Disney to wonder who so many restaurants have lots of empty tables. I assume part of the attraction was that popular ride nearby and people had figured out how to 'game' the park opening time by eating there for breakfast then racing off to be one of the first in line for that ride.

Seems to me that ANY Disney park restaurant opening early for breakfast should NOT allow anyone park access until the regular opening time. That would eliminate this effort to eat somewhere just to be in the park before it opens.

We ate at BOG under the old menu for lunch. It was our first time there and never saw what some are so amazed about. Seemed like an odd mish/mash of QS &TS and the food was just average. I think some have described it as a fancy cafeteria which was our impression as well
We felt kind of the same way. Ate breakfast once pre-park opening and my son (who was an adult) fussed the entire time it wasn't worth it just to maybe ride SDMT, which even getting there before park opened was a 45 min. wait. The lunch was when it first opened and they didn't even have ADRs yet, you just stood in line. We didn't have anything else to do and had heard all the hype so figured why not. We knew that other than trying it for breakfast, we were underwhelmed. I was confused as to whether it was TS or QS and felt it needed to decide which it wanted to be. And it was loud, I mean can't hear each other talk loud both times we went. I think one time we sat in the ballroom and the other the room with the Beast's portrait. Hot take, I don't even think the rooms are all that pretty. The Beast's library (I think that's the room with his portrait) is cool but the ballroom is so big it really feels like a cafeteria.

It was amazing as a counter service and I, too, have fond memories of enjoying lunch there. From what I understand, the table service dinner started off well and was highly-rated at that time, too.

Now that the bean-counters have taken over and downgraded the menu, word seems to be getting out that it's no longer worth the rave reviews it used to get. When we last visited (August 2023), I noticed that I could have gotten a Be Our Guest reservation -- once one of the hardest-to-get ADRs on property -- for almost any day of our trip, even less than 60 days out. That told me all I needed to know.

I noticed that I could have gotten a Be Our Guest reservation -- once one of the hardest-to-get ADRs on property
There's a website out there that tracks the number of dining reservations for every disney restaurant and be our guest is in the top 5 every time I look. I personally don't like the restaurant, I wish they would go back to quick service for lunch. If it was loosing money or reservations then Disney would change it but neither is happening.

The restaurant was always expensive you just had a slightly less expensive lunch option.

Lots of nostalgia in this thread... I, too, went when it was QS lunch and thought the food to be average, but the location was wonderful.

Since it changed over to price fixed, I've eaten there about once per trip. The last trip we took the 6 year old DGD. She absolutely loved the whole experience, including the ability to "paint" her dessert. I found the food unchanged since previous visits. At Disney, it's all about comparisons to other Disney properties. The food was better than Space 220, which is at a similar price. The food was better than similarly priced Chef Mickey's, which, except for the characters and the fact we had a 6 year old with us, was a horrible location on par with Golden Corral. The food was not better than Steakhouse 71, but Steakhouse 71 is significantly more expensive.

French dip was good when it first opened. We always did lunch there. Was always good. Then lunch got to be not so great so we stopped going. No idea what the deal with it is now. Dinner never seemed good from day 1 opening to us.

I think doing it as a dinner show like the castle was years and years ago would be awesome. Like enchanted tales with belle and food. And the food at the castle was pretty good back then also.

Lots of nostalgia in this thread... I, too, went when it was QS lunch and thought the food to be average, but the location was wonderful.

Since it changed over to price fixed, I've eaten there about once per trip. The last trip we took the 6 year old DGD. She absolutely loved the whole experience, including the ability to "paint" her dessert. I found the food unchanged since previous visits. At Disney, it's all about comparisons to other Disney properties. The food was better than Space 220, which is at a similar price. The food was better than similarly priced Chef Mickey's, which, except for the characters and the fact we had a 6 year old with us, was a horrible location on par with Golden Corral. The food was not better than Steakhouse 71, but Steakhouse 71 is significantly more expensive.
I really like lunch at steakhouse 71. I think we have done it 3-5 times now and it’s still good. I have had a bunch of stuff off the menu and we have been pleased. We actually eat there tomorrow for lunch.

I find it sad how far Be Our Guest has fallen. I would say it's on par with or worse than Tony's now and that's been the king of bad MK dining for decades. I ate there once after it became a prix fixe meal and thought it was horrendous. The high school cafeteria atmosphere certainly didn't help.

I do notice that there is availability pretty much any day, most times for our trip next week. Where as I’ve been stalking CRT with no luck.
You aren't missing much. We ate at CRT within the last year, and most the food was inedible. It was REALLY bad. I think that is the real reason they take you money up front.

IMO, WDW is not at all what it once was, but we had much better food elsewhere. A highlight of our most recent trip was the food we got from the festival booths in Epcot. Topolino's was also rather good so long as the limited menu appeals to you.

We went in the early days and had QS breakfast. I had the same thought as OP - it seems like there should be SOMETHING going on with all the hype - but no. I thought I was missing something because we went for breakfast. I guess that had nothing to do with it - there really was nothing going on. 🤷‍♂️

I think CRT must be hit or miss.
We ate there in September and thought the food was really really good!

Haven’t been back to BoG since the before times and not even tempted to try there again. The menu has changed so much- and not for the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter