Be Our Guest - Ordering Food In Advance?

ali2083

Mouseketeer
If there is a thread dedicated to this please point me in that direction, I couldn't find one.

How close to your reservation date can you place your food order? And can it not be done from the app? (I just checked and it referred me to the website, want to be sure).

Have a lunch reservation for next Thursday - just wondering if we could order the day before or even that morning.

Thanks!

You can order right up until just before you check in for your reservation. I've done that several times myself just to avoid the line. You do have to use the website not the app.

If there is a thread dedicated to this please point me in that direction, I couldn't find one.

How close to your reservation date can you place your food order? And can it not be done from the app? (I just checked and it referred me to the website, want to be sure).

Have a lunch reservation for next Thursday - just wondering if we could order the day before or even that morning.

Thanks!

Yes. You can do it right before you check in at the restaurant if you want.

IDK if something is just wonky with my MDE, but I changed my order the morning of while I was in my room and it did not take. Just make sure to confirm the order before you pay. Some CMs will automatically go through it, others will need to be asked.

I have another Be Our Guest question and this seems like the best place to ask! How early should you check in? I have a 12:00 PM reservation. My family does not normally do ADR's and I know any time we've walked by there has been a line. Thanks!

Thanks!

It was 29-30 days prior to the reservation when we could first place the order. We did it from the full site, never tried doing it from the app. We've changed it in the past as late as the podium where you check in to get your table.

We've preordered for both Breakfast and Lunch a total of 4 times and it's worked well all but one of the times. The only flaw we had was a PPO breakfast where they tried to deliver our food when I was up getting drinks and tried to deliver it to a different table because it showed that I was in a different part of the restaurant which took an extra 10ish minutes to get rerouted after I sat down. I'd recommend that you have whomever placed the order find the table and stay there and have someone else go up and get drinks to avoid this.

We order in advance every time we dine there. The option is VERY convenient! We normally arrive 10-15 minutes early for our ADR.

I have another Be Our Guest question and this seems like the best place to ask! How early should you check in? I have a 12:00 PM reservation. My family does not normally do ADR's and I know any time we've walked by there has been a line. Thanks!

If the line you're talking about is the one coming from the castle, flowing down the side of the bridge, THAT is the line of people who did NOT preorder. If you preorder, you check in at the little hut/house and go directly into the castle to the podium/kiosk and then directly to your seat of choice. No line, no waiting.

How far in advance should we place our order?? and a quick question I actually just posted a thread about before realizing this was here. We have the Deluxe Dining Plan so can we order: Soup, Entree and Dessert OR since this is a quick service meal we only order entree and drink and use a snack credit for a cupcake?? How does that work? This is our first time using the Disney Dining Plan. Thanks so much!

How far in advance should we place our order?? and a quick question I actually just posted a thread about before realizing this was here. We have the Deluxe Dining Plan so can we order: Soup, Entree and Dessert OR since this is a quick service meal we only order entree and drink and use a snack credit for a cupcake?? How does that work? This is our first time using the Disney Dining Plan. Thanks so much!

Your ordering window will open 30 days before your trip (or ADR, I don't remember).

Doesn't matter what plan you're on, QS meal is entree and drink only. You can use snack credits for soup and dessert.

If you pre-order, do you pay when you pre-order or do you pay when you get there?

If you pre-order, do you pay when you pre-order or do you pay when you get there?

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I have a related question; I'm wondering if you can pay with a Disney gift card when you pre-order.

I will add my question too! Going with another family- we have lunch ADR for 8- but only one family has Dining Plan.
Can we split pay a current reservation when pre-ordering??

I could be wrong, but I think I read that people on the dining plan cannot preorder.

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I have a related question; I'm wondering if you can pay with a Disney gift card when you pre-order.

Pre-ordering at BoG is different than the mobile order in the MDX app. You just place your order, but payment is required after you check-in and walk up to the restaurant. You can use credit card, gift card, band, etc.

I will add my question too! Going with another family- we have lunch ADR for 8- but only one family has Dining Plan.

I have not experienced this one. I do not know if the system is sophisticated enough to do it all in one transaction, but I cannot see why the CM at the register or with the iPad cannot place one order with the credits and another as OOP.

I could be wrong, but I think I read that people on the dining plan cannot preorder.

You can use dining plan and pre-order.

However, you cannot "split the check." You either have to use dining plan credits to pay for all of it or pay OOP for all of it. When you make your pre-order, this is spelled out for you on the order page. So if all 8 of you are eating somewhere else together, use all credits or pay OOP for BoG and then switch for the other meal. Personally, I would pay OOP at BoG because you forfeit the alcohol or specialty beverage since they don't have one.

You can use dining plan and pre-order.

However, you cannot "split the check." You either have to use dining plan credits to pay for all of it or pay OOP for all of it. When you make your pre-order, this is spelled out for you on the order page. So if all 8 of you are eating somewhere else together, use all credits or pay OOP for BoG and then switch for the other meal. Personally, I would pay OOP at BoG because you forfeit the alcohol or specialty beverage since they don't have one.
Thanks for this. If I wanted to pre-order, paying OOP for kids meals for my kids, but using Snack credits for soup/cupcakes for the adults, would I just make 2 separate reservations? One for the OOP kids meals, and one for the snack credit adult soup/cupcakes? Will it allow me to pay using only snack credits for the adult reservation, or would it try to use a meal credit for the soup? (We will be on DxDP so I’d hate to waste a meal credit on QS soup!)

Can someone please provide a link for ordering breakfast? I can't find it in my MDE app or on the website. So weird!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter