Be our guest they "mislead" us and I'm wondering if I should ask nicely

Bmh4796

Mouseketeer
Be our guest was our first meal and reservation of the trip, and it was PACKED. The kiosks to check in weren't working and to make matters worse, I didn't know how to use them because they gave us a rose but it also said use your magic band so I was had to wait for help and I wasn't sure if the desserts were including in the deluxe dining plan at quick service meals. She told me no and that I'd have to check out twice and use snack creds to get them so I said ok. Once the meals transactions were finally complete, she walked away and I couldn't get the kiosk to work again and everyone around me was having probs at their kiosks. So I just went inside and gave up on ordering cupcakes. The ice machines werent working inside and it was crazy. At this point we were running lste for our first fast pass so I didn't have time to ask again in an attempt to get the cupcakes.

My nieces and nephews went yesterday and haven't stopped talking about the cupcakes to my kids so my kids want to try the cupcakes as do I honestly. (I did b4 all this)

So I'm not assertive AT ALL but I might be willing to ask nicely if they'd let me in to just buy some cupcakes to go if y'all thought it was worth a shot if I explain to them what haplened. It turns out that desserts DO come with all means whether counter or quick service I think so I wouldn't have had to make a separate transaction at all. Just seems like everything went wrong there - got a terrible table too which is no biggie - but it wasn't what I expected and even with reservations it took 30-40 minutes to get inside as they smashed us in like sardines before the kiosk fiasco.

I don't want to complain as I know everyone was trying their best but should I just explain niceky what happened in an effort to get 4 cupcakes to go?

I'm typing this while in line at it's a small world:)

Oh and I'd use our snack credits to get the cupcakes or a meal credit

(I'm not assuming they'd give me anything free of course )

It turns out that desserts DO come with all means whether counter or quick service I think so I wouldn't have had to make a separate transaction at all.
Counter and quick are different terms for the same thing (one of the rare times when 'same difference' applies - but I digress.) Counter/quick service meals don't include dessert on any plan.

You can try to make another day-before or day-of ADR, but generally you can't just walk up. I mean, you could try that at a really off time.

I can't comment on the cupcakes but next time do Mobile Ordering to avoid the always horribly long kiosk line!
Mobile ordering isn't working for us either ☹️
I keep trying to put in our reservation number for the dining plan and still it says I have to pay with a credit card

For some reason the dining plans won't show up on my husband's account (we have 2 rooms and the plans are linked to my sons and my husband) in that room

Ok thx everyond. Can anyone recommend another great cupcake in disney? (we have MK, AK, Epcot left on the trip)

I keep trying to put in our reservation number for the dining plan and still it says I have to pay with a credit card

For some reason the dining plans won't show up on my husband's account (we have 2 rooms and the plans are linked to my sons and my husband) in that room
You do technically have to put a credit card on the meal for mobile order from BOG, but you are not prepaying, you will pay when you arrive and you can use snack or meal credits as applicable after arriving.

If it's convenient, go ahead and ask. But, it's just cupcakes, and Disney sells plenty of sweets all over: cupcakes, Mickey bars, etc. They all satisfy a sweet tooth. I wouldn't go out of my way or wait in a line for them. They are all very similar.

Ok thx everyond. Can anyone recommend another great cupcake in disney? (we have MK, AK, Epcot left on the trip)
Personally I prefer the cupcakes/desserts in Disney Springs at Sprinkles or Amorettes Patisserie over BoG. Hope you have a great rest of trip

There are many at each of these three parks, it all depends on what you want. At EPCOT, go to Sunshine Seasons in the land, at AK, there's a bakery in Africa, at MK, I believe Starbucks is the main place (also works at the other parks). Most resorts also have great specialty cupcakes.

I tried to make a reservation for just me today but it's booked. ( thought I'd go in alone and order cupcakes without a meal)

Sorry you had a poor experience.
I've eaten there for lunch more times than I can easily count now including the day it opened and have not been so overwhelmed just reading someone's experience lol.
Unfortunately it does seem like much of the confusion was because you didn't read up on BOG and how it works in that you can preorder (highly recommend) and what is included with a QS meal (QS meals no longer include a dessert so a snack credit would have to be used)

At this point I would just know for a potential future visit and move on.
Yes the cupcakes are great but there are plenty of other cupcakes to be eaten. Pick one that sounds good to you.

You do technically have to put a credit card on the meal for mobile order from BOG, but you are not prepaying, you will pay when you arrive and you can use snack or meal credits as applicable after arriving.
Ohhhhhhh so when it says check out when you order on the apl, it doesn't really charge you?

Its preorder not mobile ordering at BOG breakfast/lunch (you cannot preorder for dinner as its a TS).
You should see a link to the right of your ADR on the website starting 30 days prior to your ADR.
You don't pay for the meal until you go and when you do go you tell them you are using dining plan credits.

Ohhhhhhh so when it says check out when you order on the apl, it doesn't really charge you?

Yes you need a credit card on file but no you would not have been charged.
Had you PREORDERED (not mobile ordering that is totally different and not available at BOG) you would have walked up the left side of the bridge right to a cash register where they would have confirmed your oder and you could have made changes to your order and you would have paid with dining plan credits.

I tried to make a reservation for just me today but it's booked. ( thought I'd go in alone and order cupcakes without a meal)
You can still set up a touring plan reservation finder while at WDW but honestly I'd just consider today's experience part of the learning curve and move on.
Where ever you are eating tonight have a nice dessert. Or have a conciliatory Dole Whip because they always make everything alright. Especially when the pineapple juice is added to make it a float;).

While we are on the subject of cupcakes, does anyone have an opinion on the “gourmet” cupcakes at Contempo Cafe?

Reactions: Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter