Beach Club - Shampoo and Soap dispensers

mouserrificmom

DIS Veteran
I've read in a few places that Disney Resorts are moving to dispensers rather than the travel sized bottles. When we were at BWI in August, we still received the little bottles. We are staying at Beach Club next month, will the personal supplies still be available or have they installed public dispensers at Beach Club? Not really sure how I feel about the idea . . .

No. They have not installed “public “ dispensers at BC.
I have been using these in European hotels for years. I have no problem with this.

I've read in a few places that Disney Resorts are moving to dispensers rather than the travel sized bottles. When we were at BWI in August, we still received the little bottles. We are staying at Beach Club next month, will the personal supplies still be available or have they installed public dispensers at Beach Club? Not really sure how I feel about the idea . . .
I have to agree. Not to sound disrespectful of housekeeping but what guarantee do we have that the container and nozzle will be thoroughly cleaned between guests? It’s different from a soap dispenser in a public bathroom because I’m only washing my hands and I can use sanitizer afterwards.

I don't like these soap dispensers either, they seem so.. hospital-like! And I agree, they are disgusting! Last week at Port Orleans they still provided the small bottles of body wash, shampoo and conditioner. (Not the old cute Mickey bottles, just generic bottles that were a bit bigger than the old Mickey ones.)

They’re tacky and a way for Disney to cut costs.
Not if everyone brings empty bottles and empties them. Already saw this mentioned on another board a while back. I don’t see how this saves anyways. I’m sure it takes way longer for housekeeping to unlock those, open each bottle and top it off, lock back up. Just silly. And tacky, I agree.

I have to agree. Not to sound disrespectful of housekeeping but what guarantee do we have that the container and nozzle will be thoroughly cleaned between guests? It’s different from a soap dispenser in a public bathroom because I’m only washing my hands and I can use sanitizer afterwards.

There isn't any way that housekeeping is cleaning doorknobs, remotes, lightswitches, etc. so how is it any different than that from a hygiene perspective? There aren't any cases I've heard of a person catching something from a shared soap dispenser...

There isn't any way that housekeeping is cleaning doorknobs, remotes, lightswitches, etc. so how is it any different than that from a hygiene perspective? There aren't any cases I've heard of a person catching something from a shared soap dispenser...

People usually are not naked and wiping their front and rear while they’re turning on a light or exiting a hotel room.

These give off a totally institutional vibe that I'm in no way interested in seeing at a deluxe resort -certainly not for the prices we are now paying.

I have only heard of them going into Pop so far. And they totally fit with its new institutional vibe.

Not sure about the rest of the property. I've not heard of them anywhere but Pop.

Especially since you are using them to get soap to get clean. Just like soap dispensers in restrooms.

Unless people are touching them AFTER washing off???

I have only heard of them going into Pop so far. And they totally fit with its new institutional vibe.

Not sure about the rest of the property. I've not heard of them anywhere but Pop.

. . .then it sounds like you're totally in the wrong thread.

And that’s why I pack Lysol wipes, to clean all those places when we arrive.

Especially since you are using them to get soap to get clean. Just like soap dispensers in restrooms.

Unless people are touching them AFTER washing off???
I read an article in our news the other day saying when people touch the nozzle of soap dispensers the microbes can travel up into the product. It’s easy for hand to come in contact with nozzle while dispensing soap. Esp kids.

I read an article in our news the other day saying when people touch the nozzle of soap dispensers the microbes can travel up into the product. It’s easy for hand to come in contact with nozzle while dispensing soap. Esp kids.

But if you are using the soap you just dispensed to wash your hands, that should not matter. That is what I don’t get - freaking out about germs that are going to be immediately washed off.

. . .then it sounds like you're totally in the wrong thread.

??

I am asking where the info that they are going anywhere except Pop is coming from. I have ZERO desire to stay at Pop.

People usually are not naked and wiping their front and rear while they’re turning on a light or exiting a hotel room.

Yes. But unless you are immediately putting your hands into your mouth, you won't catch anything. I would be more worried about what I washed my hands with, as that is what I am using to touch all of my stuff. Worrying about the soap you wipe your hiney should be farther down the list. But to each their own, I guess.

To be fair I always bring my own soap. Not because of some germ phobia but because I can only use certain products without my skin going crazy on me. Even the wrong shampoo can make my scalp itch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter