Beach Club villas balcony light?

kdh123

Earning My Ears
I just read a review somewhere of BCV where someone said that the light outside on their balcony was always on and could not be turned off (they supposed it was due to the lighting pattern on the outside of the resort for ambiance). Can anyone please tell me if you have stayed at BCV in a studio, have you ever had a balcony light that would not turn off?

I just read a review somewhere of BCV where someone said that the light outside on their balcony was always on and could not be turned off (they supposed it was due to the lighting pattern on the outside of the resort for ambiance). Can anyone please tell me if you have stayed at BCV in a studio, have you ever had a balcony light that would not turn off?

I don't remember a light switch inside the villa for the balcony light. At OKW, yes. The other resorts, no.

Agreed. The only resort I recall having a switch is OKW. All the others are on as the resort wishes - for ambiance. If there isn't a light at your balcony then the only light on the deck is what comes thru the slider from your room.

Just returned a couple of days ago. Yes, our light on the balcony of our studio cannot be turned off. It is off during the day but turns on at dusk. (with the pool lights I think).

How bright is this light, when you are inside the room at night, and the drapes are closed, does it seep through the edges of the curtain?

And not all rooms have outdoor lights. My studio that faced Epcot did not have one.

We've had a balcony where the light was off. We could not turn it on. We called the front desk because we wanted to find the light switch and were having trouble :) We were told the same about the lighting pattern and that it was not possible to turn the light on.

Last time we stayed there, I took note one night while in the pool Some of the balconies had the lights on, but the majority of them were not on. I assumed it was because people could control them. Guess they just don't replace the bulbs with any frequency.

Yes, that happened to us a couple years ago, having a balcony light that wouldn't turn off. And there was no switch. However, if we kept the curtains closed at night, it was OK. Buggy outside, but OK. Coincidently, we were on the same floor last week (5th floor) and this time our balcony light never turned on. One evening I happened to go out and look around to see if there was rhyme or reason to which lights were on/which off. Looked totally random to me.

Past couple of years I had no outside light. The fixture was there but did not turn on. Looked for a switch but no avail. I love the rooms facing EPCOT and get up early in the morning and just enjoy overlooking the park and read (I prefer old fashioned books to a Kindle). Wound up just showering and going down by the pool.

Arriving in three days :banana: so I'll see this year!

Last time we stayed there, I took note one night while in the pool Some of the balconies had the lights on, but the majority of them were not on. I assumed it was because people could control them. Guess they just don't replace the bulbs with any frequency.

Given the frequency with which lights are burned out IN the rooms, this probably isn't a shocker to anyone who calls down for bulbs or moves bulbs around within the room.

Thanks everyone! I hope I get one with a burned out light :) I'm a light sleeper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter