• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas to Disney's Hollywood Studios Question

Doug7856

DIS Veteran
We're planning for a stay at the Beach Club Villas for the first time in forever. Is it viable to use the Disney Skyline to/from Disney's Hollywood Studios? I'm not a big fan of the boats and though the Skyliner might be a good option. What time does the Skyliner start in the morning? Thoughts or recommendations? Thanks everyone!

We're planning for a stay at the Beach Club Villas for the first time in forever. Is it viable to use the Disney Skyline to/from Disney's Hollywood Studios? I'm not a big fan of the boats and though the Skyliner might be a good option. What time does the Skyliner start in the morning? Thoughts or recommendations? Thanks everyone!
The skyliner does not travel direct from International Gateway to Hollywood Studios. You have to travel to Caribbean Beach Resort, disembark and switch lines. It's definitely doable but it's not one quick shot. Walking would be faster.

If you are trying to rope drop, you will be joining all the people rope dropping from the Skyliner resorts also using the Skyliner to get to HS. Walking is better option in the morning because you don’t have to wait for Skyliner to start running which is normally an 1 hour before park opens.

IMG_7494.jpeg

It’s a pretty solid walk, what’s the issue with the boat? We had a good experience using it to rope drop from beach club. Ride back can be hit or miss when leaving with wait and amount of people, but early morning was not very crowded

Skyliner scheduled to start running one hour before that parks early entry. If don’t like the boats. The walk in the morning is shorter than you might think. It’s the best option in the morning from Beach Club.

We'll be staying at BCV next month and I'm pretty certain it will be the Skyliner for us. We do enough walking at the parks. We may try the boat since we've never done it.

I've taken an Uber from BCV to DHS. But I never try to get to a park exactly at rope drop, so I don't know what the rules are for when you can be dropped off.

I would take the skyliner, 100%. It runs constantly so there's no waiting for a boat to arrive. It's relaxing and I think the switch at carribean beach is simple and fast. And it will be running in plenty of time to get there for the extra magic hours in the morning. However, if you want to be among the very first people to scan into HS (more than an hour before EH begins) I would walk.

Thanks everyone for the solid insight and opinion on this. I'm a walker and love walking, but many in my family don't want to walk. Seems the boat would likely be the best option for rope drop.

This is the insight I was looking for!
Be sure to walk to the Yacht & Beach boat dock, don’t backtrack to the IG boat dock even though it’s a shorter walk from BCV. The boat goes from IG to BW and then to Yacht & Beach, and catching the boat at IG adds at least 10 minutes to the ride, maybe more depending on how long it takes to load at BW.

The skyliner does not travel direct from International Gateway to Hollywood Studios. You have to travel to Caribbean Beach Resort, disembark and switch lines. It's definitely doable but it's not one quick shot. Walking would be faster.
Out of curiosity has anyone here measured how much faster? I remember someone who used to measure the distances-maybe he was able to measure on Google maps. I know that wouldn't give us a measure of time since, as you said, there's the disembark and switch at CBR. Maybe I'll time it on ECV at least next time I'm at WDW-BCV to DHS via skyway vs. boat vs walking/ECVing.

Out of curiosity has anyone here measured how much faster? I remember someone who used to measure the distances-maybe he was able to measure on Google maps. I know that wouldn't give us a measure of time since, as you said, there's the disembark and switch at CBR. Maybe I'll time it on ECV at least next time I'm at WDW-BCV to DHS via skyway vs. boat vs walking/ECVing.
To be honest, we've done all 3 approaches from BC. For us, it's a 15-20 minute walk (we've measured almost exactly 1 mile from exit of BC to the HS entrance), the boat pickup at YC Marina to HS took about 15-20 minutes (depending how long you wait for the boat), and Skyliner (depending on lines) took about 15-20 minutes in total. We really find all methods to be about the same amount of time. First thing in the morning, you'll probably run into a bit of a backup at the Carib Beach hub - not drastic, but a line. For us, early morning, we'd go 1) walk, 2) boat, 3) Skyliner. Later in the day on the way back, Skyliner might be a slightly better option, depending on weather.

To be honest, we've done all 3 approaches from BC. For us, it's a 15-20 minute walk (we've measured almost exactly 1 mile from exit of BC to the HS entrance), the boat pickup at YC Marina to HS took about 15-20 minutes (depending how long you wait for the boat), and Skyliner (depending on lines) took about 15-20 minutes in total. We really find all methods to be about the same amount of time. First thing in the morning, you'll probably run into a bit of a backup at the Carib Beach hub - not drastic, but a line. For us, early morning, we'd go 1) walk, 2) boat, 3) Skyliner. Later in the day on the way back, Skyliner might be a slightly better option, depending on weather.
That's good to know-that all 3 methods take roughly the same amount of time. And it seems like there are too many possible variables (like waiting) to be more exact then that, and to expect it to take exactly that amount of time each time. Thanks-I'm just gonna figure 15-20 minutes however you go.

A few years ago All Ears (back when Molly was still there) did a youtube video comparing the three options. I believe they started from Yacht Club, but it's all the same. Walking was the fastest, followed by the boat and the syliner was a very distant third. This was at rope drop time. They went back and did it again later in the morning. If I'm remembering correctly the order remained the same, though the skyliner wasn't as far behind at that time of day. The problem at rope drop was that there was a huge line at CBR to get on the HS line.

A few years ago All Ears (back when Molly was still there) did a youtube video comparing the three options. I believe they started from Yacht Club, but it's all the same. Walking was the fastest, followed by the boat and the syliner was a very distant third. This was at rope drop time. They went back and did it again later in the morning. If I'm remembering correctly the order remained the same, though the skyliner wasn't as far behind at that time of day. The problem at rope drop was that there was a huge line at CBR to get on the HS line.
Yacht Club is just a smidge different, since it is 3-5 minutes closer to HS, and 3-5 minutes farther to Skyliner than it is from Beach Club. If staying at YC, I would definitely view Skyliner as the third option. Even the boat is a bit more convenient from YC with the marina right outside the back exit from YC.

That's good to know-that all 3 methods take roughly the same amount of time. And it seems like there are too many possible variables (like waiting) to be more exact then that, and to expect it to take exactly that amount of time each time. Thanks-I'm just gonna figure 15-20 minutes however you go.

I walk, my lazy family takes the boat. I ALWAYS beat them and I'm not speed walking or anything. (I disklike the diesel fumes on the boat, and avoid it when I can).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter