• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas vs Boardwalk Villas

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Recently did a split stay between VGF (our home) and Beach Club Villas. Loved it due to the proximity to our favorite parks, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Planning a
Loved Beach Club except the view from a standard view studio (just two of us and that’s all we will have points for) so thought what about Boardwalk which we have never stayed at.
while walking along the Boardwalk I noticed some rooms that are directly over the stores and restaurants on the Boardwalk. That’s not ideal for us would think it would be very noisy. Again never stayed here so I don’t even know if those are rooms and if so what type

Please share thoughts as to what you more experienced people would do?

My concerns are not great views at Beach Club vs very noisy location at Boardwalk?

Boardwalk will have different booking categories instead of just the one at Beach Club. Those villas over the boardwalk are the boardwalk view.

BWV offers standard view, pool/garden, and boardwalk view. The ones you saw were probably boardwalk view. I’ve never had a noise issue while staying there (except for a screaming baby in the connecting studio next door, but not the fault of the resort or the baby). The quietest rooms I’ve experienced are the garden views.
Standard view tends to look at the parking lot (with up to the second Skyliner reporting) or the Boardwalk sign with potential fireworks behind it. Pretty quiet too.

Our personal experience with BW has been mixed, but we definitely found the Boardwalk view rooms to be noisier than most, so we avoided them when we stayed there. The noise levels from the Boardwalk were probably higher when the pre-Covid activities were keeping things busy. We've also been hit-and-miss on views from Beach Club, but would take a BC room over BW room any trip - just our preference and our opinion. We also do tend to spend a couple days at the pool, and SAB is far nicer for us than the BW pool - although, at least they have gotten rid of the clown!

Recently did a split stay between VGF (our home) and Beach Club Villas. Loved it due to the proximity to our favorite parks, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Planning a
Loved Beach Club except the view from a standard view studio (just two of us and that’s all we will have points for) so thought what about Boardwalk which we have never stayed at.
while walking along the Boardwalk I noticed some rooms that are directly over the stores and restaurants on the Boardwalk. That’s not ideal for us would think it would be very noisy. Again never stayed here so I don’t even know if those are rooms and if so what type

Please share thoughts as to what you more experienced people would do?

My concerns are not great views at Beach Club vs very noisy location at Boardwalk?
We recently stayed at both during our split stay. If it's view you are after then BW is your answer. I believe boardwalk view is same points as standard view at BC. Here is the view we had from each, really not much of a comparison. As far as noise, we didn't notice it despite being next to Jellyrolls although admittedly the boardwalk wasn't kicking much with entertainment as it normally would be. We loved both but added on at BW after our stay.

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpg
    IMG_8800.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8965.JPG
    IMG_8965.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 84
We recently stayed at both during our split stay. If it's view you are after then BW is your answer. I believe boardwalk view is same points as standard view at BC. Here is the view we had from each, really not much of a comparison. As far as noise, we didn't notice it despite being next to Jellyrolls although admittedly the boardwalk wasn't kicking much with entertainment as it normally would be. We loved both but added on at BW after our stay.
Boardwalk is so awesome. The views, the energy, and the vibe are perfect.

Our personal experience with BW has been mixed, but we definitely found the Boardwalk view rooms to be noisier than most, so we avoided them when we stayed there. The noise levels from the Boardwalk were probably higher when the pre-Covid activities were keeping things busy. We've also been hit-and-miss on views from Beach Club, but would take a BC room over BW room any trip - just our preference and our opinion. We also do tend to spend a couple days at the pool, and SAB is far nicer for us than the BW pool - although, at least they have gotten rid of the clown!
Wow- I didn’t know that the clown was gone.. thank goodness for that! Just googled the new look. My kids love Mickey cartoons so the new design is way better in my opinion.

We had a boardwalk standard looking toward the parking but from my view, I saw trees and the skyliner upon wake-up. It was magical. The parking lot is farther off so it's not what you are picturing. there is some nice grassy area just below and not noisy at all. i loved it. very peaceful.

What's a boardwalk without at least one creepy clown?
I loved the clown, the new cartoonish painting doesn't say Boardwalk to me. Sorry not trying to hijack. I love the boardwalk view rooms. Only once when I stayed right above the stores, directly across from that horse racing game did I notice the noise. Every time the horses get to the end of the track there's that blasted ringing. But it stops early and with the room door closed it wasn't an issue at all. I haven't experienced drunken partiers at any time, maybe I've just been lucky. Standard view rooms are a great deal (I had a great view of fireworks from one room), and pool/garden view is a waste of points if it's a view you're looking for. Now that magic express is gone, I assume the 6 a.m. luggage round up is also resolved, that was an issue for me with one of the standard view rooms.
Although I have points at both, I stay at Boardwalk whenever I can. I'm not in love with Beach Club. I bought the points for a song back in 2007 so I can't complain. How could I not buy a fully loaded contract for $82/pt.

Wife and I have been to Disney world 7 times since reopening in 2020 from Covid closure Because Disney kept throwing out good discounts to pass holders. First trip we stayed at boardwalk and loved it. Next 6 trips we did split stays 4 out of 6 with boardwalk always being the second half of each and Everytime we liked boardwalk the best. I will say this last January trip we stayed at poly first half of trip with lake view straight across from castle and loved fireworks from our balcony but still prefer boardwalk because of walking to 2 parks and just the ambiance of the boardwalk,lake area both during day and nighttime. we are actually trying to buy our first dvc membership through resale at boardwalk if Disney will quit exercising their right to buy it :(
we always request to be toward the end of the hallway close to the waterway. It’s a longggg walk down the hallway but always seems quieter and when going to Hollywood just pop out the door on the end of the hallway onto to the walking path beside the waterway and cuts the walking time down. having The ice cream place on the boardwalk is also nice if you like ice cream as much as I do :)

The Beach Club for me is a one and done. The location seems like it was an after thought. The actual BC pool is disappointing. The walk to the lobby or SAB is longer than the hallways people complain about at BWV.
We have stayed at BWV many times. Although not necessarily our favorite DVC resort, the views are among the best. I always ask for an upper floor. Out favorite room over looked the courtyard between the inn and the villas. 4th or 5th floor.

I had a BC studio waaay in the back with a view of the Epcot lights at night through some trees. Maybe the fireworks, wasn’t there for that.

BWV has three room categories: standard view, preferred pool/garden, and preferred boardwalk view. The standard view point requirements are low (comparable to OKW), while boardwalk and pool/garden views cost the same and require points very similar to what is required at BCV for any rooms. Go here for a map that shows location of rooms for the three views https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/ (note that there are actually now a couple of 1BRs that were changed to standard view in the main Luna Park pool area, which were converted because views were blocked by the pool's slide area). There are also room maps showing the type of rooms and room numbers in the various areas: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-room-view-and-number-maps.3794835/

The boardwalk view rooms can have noise issues, including in the morning when clean-up is being done on the boardwalk. Nevertheless, those boardwalk view rooms provide one of the best views, if not the the best view, that exists at WDW, looking over the large lake and seeing Epcot's Spaceship Earth (the big golf ball) in the distance. Best room request to make with boardwalk view is higher floor (lowers noise risk and increases view).

Most of the rooms are pool/garden view, and some noise issues can exist in the main, Luna Park pool area for those rooms, standard rooms near the front entrance, and sometimes elsewhere mainly because boats blowing horns can go by. As far as getting a studio at 7-months out goes, standard view is usually not available any time of year except for stray days here and there, boardwalk view is seldom available, and pool/garden view is usually gone during the high demand fall season (late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan) and open only about 40% of the time the rest of the year (before 2016 the pool/garden view studios were almost always open during that mid-Jan to Sep period at 7-months out, but that is when the studios were changed by adding a Murphy bed in the cabinet under the TV so max occupancy became 5 rather than 4, and that caused higher demand for the pool/garden view studios).

You can walk or take a boat to Studios and Epcot. The bus to MK usually does not make stops at other resorts, while the AK bus and one for Disney Springs usually stops at YC and BC/BCV. There are four sit-down restaurants -- ESPN Club (which may still be closed as a result of the pandemic), Trattoria al Forno (a good, mostly Italian restaurant), the Flying Fish (an expensive restaurant -- even by Disney standards -- that only recently re-opened in late Jan 2022), and the Big River Grille and Brewery Works, which is mostly things like hamburgers, sandwiches, steak, ribs, chicken and salmon. There is no buffet restaurant, and quick service is limited to stands on the boardwalk, a window for getting pizza outside of Trattoria, a bakery, and an ice cream store. There is also a nightclub, Jellyrolls, and a dance hall, Atlantic Dance, which can be responsible for some noise along the boardwalk when it closes for the night (I once had a second floor room under which an inebriated woman stopped after leaving Atlantic Dance and started crying loudly, gathering a crowd to console her, with her telling them her fiance had left her at the dance hall, and many near her joined in condemning the missing fiancé; after about 20 minutes, the fiancé showed up telling everyone that he had been looking for her for some time at the dance hall after going to the restroom and could not find her).

Last edited:
We were told in January that espn restaurant would Not be coming back and no one knew what was taking its place.

I was there spring 2021 and security guard told me that Espn not coming back.
Oh no! That stinks!!

Personally, I’m a BWV fan. I’m staying at BCV for 4 days (1bdrm- studios go crazy quick) for our next trip bc kids really wanted to do stormalong (we were there 2017 but kids don’t remember it well). I’m wondering if it’ll be another once (twice) and done.

While we are staying at bcv for 4 nights, we are staying at BWV boardwalk view for 9 nights. Super excited!

We were there 2 weeks ago and had a boardwalk view. We were on the 3rd floor over big river grille. My daughters enjoyed watching harmonious every night from the balcony and then we went to bed. There was some noise but we went to bed around 9:30 every night

I was there spring 2021 and security guard told me that Espn not coming back.

I doubt it will happen soon, but I do wish they would use that space for an expanded QS of some sort. I'll be curious what does go there at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter