Beach club what a dump.

THEDISFANS

Mouseketeer
We have been DVC members for a few years now. bcv is our home base. We stayed there for the first time this month. The decor of our room was great. The bed was so uncomfy, I don't know how anyone could sleep on it. The sofa bed was worse you head was higher than your feet and you had that metal bar in your back. I know they make nice sofa beds Disney needs to get them. The carpet in the hall near our room was so worn you could not see the pattern anymore. We were near an cast member break room. The cast members were very loud as the went in and out slamming the door. so it was midnight before we could get to sleep. When we got there to check in at 10:30pm therwas a long line of people in front of us. With only 2 people behind the counter I saw 3 people come out of theoffice to help a cast member with a problem. None of these people stayed to help other guest. Our chech in was the worst ever he did not tell us were our room was or how to get there untill we asked. He did mumble something that sounded like "welcome home." We have been to WDW many many times and the fact of the matter is plain and simple The New York Times was right when they said "THE DISNEY MAGIC IS SLIPING."

So your definition of "dump" is an uncomfortable bed (which someone else may find comfortable), a worn out carpet and a bad check in experience?

I hope the rest of your trip went well.;)

HBC

You're right...the bcv are a terrible, horrible place to stay and I don't recommend that anyone stay there....EVER again.... ;)

On the serious side, how did the rest of your trip go? Hopefully it went well for you.

Maybe the reason the bed was uncomfy and the carpet was worn is because its so hard to get ressies at the BCV its always unavailable. hmmm I bet besides the BWV, the BCV is the second popular dvc resort and gets more wear and tear then the other resorts. I am not saying dvc should just let the BCV go, they should keep remolding & repairing as necessary.

I agree. We stayed at BCV last month, and the place looked seriously shabby. It needs to be rehabbed shortly IMHO. The decor is nice, but I agree about the worn carpeting, etc. Our bed wasn't uncomfy, but the bathroom looked rather shabby, as did the carpets. My guess is that the BCV sees a lot of traffic and is a smaller DVC resort...this leads to the high wear on the place overall. I hope that they take this into consideration in figuring out the remodeling/replacement schedule on this resort.

What is the schedule for soft goods and carpeting replacement?

I don't think I would call it a dump, but I do have to agree I found the King bed to be very uncomfortable. However after a day at the parks I slept soundly. :teeth: I think if I was just going to relax and enjoy the resort it might have been an issue.

The beds are horrible, you are correct in that assessment. They are in serious need of immediate replacement. I write a letter to DVC management after every stay and we visit 3 times a year. Unfortunately, I honestly believe that DVC management cares very little about problems that arise during a members stay. Yes they will be very nice to you on the phone, etc but real change takes forever to happen. Unless many more guests complain about the substandard condition of the beds at BCV, it will be a while before anything is done about them. IMO, its BCV's main thorn.

I have a friend who owns there and I stopped by last year and I do have to say the carpet is getting worn. At least where she was staying, but that is minor. I would hope for the owners sake they do fix it soon because that is what you are paying the MF's for.

Other than that when I went in her room it was wonderful, I wanted to move in!! Luckily I don't have to want to move in with her and her wonderful accomodations anymore, I bought my own "home" :)

OP-
Hope your next stay is more pleasant :)

My first thought is "What's this, a keep out warning for all non-BCV owners?"

We've stayed there twice and had a great time, no trouble sleeping, but we were in studios. I think the sofa beds will eventually be replaced. I do not think our villa was shabby in any way, shape or form.

I'm hoping you had some fun on your vacation, but I don't want to sound glib, if things were that bad, I don't know that you really could. I hope you have a MUCH better next trip.

Bobbi :flower:

AMcaptured said:
The beds are horrible, you are correct in that assessment. They are in serious need of immediate replacement. I write a letter to DVC management after every stay and we visit 3 times a year. Unfortunately, I honestly believe that DVC management cares very little about problems that arise during a members stay. Yes they will be very nice to you on the phone, etc but real change takes forever to happen. Unless many more guests complain about the substandard condition of the beds at BCV, it will be a while before anything is done about them. IMO, its BCV's main thorn.

I am not sure they don't care, but as you stated unless more members complain then changes are not going to be made.

If many members complain about the same thing, beds, worn carpet, it brings it to the attention of DVC management that obviously there is a problem.

If a few complain they will only see that as your personal opinion.

A friend of mine just returned from a stay at BCV in Sept. He is an owner at SSR and he thought that BCV was a mess. He said the quite pool was disgusting. He also mentioned that the room had a hole in the wall and it was about the size of a grapefruit. He had to tape something over it. He called maintenance and they said they would fix it when he checked out.

I should say that my friend is not overly picky at all, but he was not impressed and he wrote a letter to DVC with a list of issues.

1. Hole in the wall
2. Worn carpets.
3. Room was clean, but still had that "dirty" feel.
4. Quite pool was filthy and the chairs and umbrellas all had black stains.

I was very interested to stay at BCV, but I will book OKW next time. Don't get me wrong, I will definately stay there at least once to check out that pool.

Scotch said:
I hate threads like this before a trip to the resort in question. :(

Don't worry, Scotch. We stayed there a little over a week ago and I though it was in great shape.

The sofa beds are the old style and I've never slept in one so I can't address that. But as far as the king mattress, our last two or three stays we've had great mattresses. We stayed at BCV this Feb, May and this month. Before that I did think they had room for improvement. ;)

Every day during our trip, I saw a gentleman cleaning the hallway rugs.There is one area near the main elevator on the 2nd floor where all the hallways converge that the carpet looks worn or permanently discolored.

From what I've read, BCV is the DVC resort with highest occupancy and I think that overall it is maintained very well.

The pool was very clean.

How can a room be clean and have a dirty feel? :rotfl2:

Hope your next stay is better DISFANS. Since you don't like your home resort, it leaves more availability for the rest of us! :cool1:

Which resort is your favorite BTW? We've only stayed at BCV and OKW.

I stayed in a studio in August for one night and our room was very clean. I didn't think that the bed was the most comfortable one in the world but I had a bad sunburn and didn't really notice that. The carpet in the halls was a little worn but that is understandable with all the traffic. The resort is really beautiful.

We are staying at BCV right now and LOVE it!!! We have found the King size bed to be very commfy (comparable to Sheraton,etc.). Our one bedroom unit is very clean...and I am very picky about cleanliness. Hopefully your unit was an anomaly.

SamSam and BCV23, very happy to hear your reviews! I was getting a little nervous since we just switched our reservations from BWV to BCV. ;)

To me there is no excuse for ANY of this. I already have a post about the room we got stuck with at the BWV. As DVC members we didn't exactly pay "cheap" prices for our timeshares. Disney is Disney, and to me we should be getting what we pay for and then some. That is what the monthly dues are for. Or maybe I am wrong??? When we first bought into DVC we had only stayed at one Disney resort-the Poly, everything there was absolutely wonderful and that is exactly what I expected from DVC resorts. The conditions of my room at the BWV were worse than a Motel 6, not that there is anything wrong with that hotel, but like I said you should get what you pay for. Maybe I am wrong in thinking that the resorts and room should be in pristine condition??? There should not be worn out anything and everything should be up to date, even if they have to close off blocks of rooms for rehab once in a while instead of just shoving everybody in as much as they can. Just my opinion, not looking to start World War 7. :)

wdwstar said:
Maybe the reason the bed was uncomfy and the carpet was worn is because its so hard to get ressies at the BCV its always unavailable. hmmm I bet besides the BWV, the BCV is the second popular dvc resort and gets more wear and tear then the other resorts. I am not saying dvc should just let the BCV go, they should keep remolding & repairing as necessary.

The popularity of BCV (or any other resort) is mostly reflected in the timeframe in which the resort reaches peak occupancy. In other words, while BCV may average 100% occupancy, say, 5 months out, OKW may not reach such a level until 2 months out. Purely fictional numbers, of course, but you get the idea.

The point is BCV's popularity (and small size) cannot be used to draw any conclusions regarding how its average occupancy might compare with any other resort. All of the resorts are budgeted (including reserves for things like room refurbishment) commensurate with year-round 100% occupancy levels.

I've only spent a single night at BCV, and didn't spend a great deal of time soaking in my surroundings. But many folks seem to believe that sub-standard materials were used to construct the DVC wing at the Beach Club. If true, hopefully it's a situation that can be remedied as rooms and common areas are refurbished in the next few years.

We stayed in a studio of the quiet pool. It was great. It didn't seem shabby. In fact I commented on the fact that they were painting the elevator and it didn't seem to need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter