Beaches Near Disneyland

KentM

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not having much luck getting the search feature to work, so...

Any advice on a good beach to visit for a few hours? We'll be arriving in Anaheim on Sunday, Nov 5, and planned on spending that afternoon at the beach. I'm sure it will be too cold to do any serious swimming, so we'll mostly be playing in the sand and getting our feet wet. Since our kids have never been to the beach we thought we'd better take advantage while we're so close.

Me, DW, DS (9), DD (7), DD (4)

We like Huntington Beach. They do charge $10 for parking, so if you're going for a short time, park at a meter, or you could park a block or so away.

I'd second Huntington Beach. There is a pier, and great places to eat. You can watch surfers, volleyball players and people on the strand. The strand is a huge concrete boardwalk that stretches for miles, where people on bikes, skates, skateboards and anything that basically moves, goes on. My husband loves to watch for exoctic cars on the Pacific Coast Highway right there next to the beach. If you are lucky, you can snab a fire-pit and have hotdogs and s'mores right on the beach. So much to see, so little time. We love it there, and go whenever we can. :love: Have a blast!!! :tinker:

KentM said:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not having much luck getting the search feature to work, so...

Any advice on a good beach to visit for a few hours? We'll be arriving in Anaheim on Sunday, Nov 5, and planned on spending that afternoon at the beach. I'm sure it will be too cold to do any serious swimming, so we'll mostly be playing in the sand and getting our feet wet. Since our kids have never been to the beach we thought we'd better take advantage while we're so close.

Me, DW, DS (9), DD (7), DD (4)

Map_OC_Parks.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter