Beaches Near DL

AnninIowa

DIS Veteran
Hope this isn't a silly questions, but are there any swimming beaches near Disney Land? I keep finding beaches for water sports, but none specifically for wading and swimming. Thinking about a split stay - first at a Disney property then moving to a beach-side resort. I'd like to do the San Diego Zoo and Sea World, but, again, not finding the swimming beaches in San Diego.

Depending on when you go, it could get rather cold to go swimming in the ocean. In San Diego, my favorite is Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. They have life guards in the summertime. As for Anaheim, I think Huntington Beach is close, as well as Newport Beach down the coast a little. Both are great for swimming in the summer and have life guards.

We were at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego in June and there was a place to swim and wade plus it is a beautiful hotel and one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to, plus it is very convenient to the Zoo and Sea World

You can swim at almost any ocean beach in San Diego - Imperial Beach, Mission Beach, Coronado, Ocean Beach, La Jolla, Torrey Pines, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Cardiff, Leucadia, Carlsbad, Oceanside to name a few.

I bet you are looking at hotels near Mission Bay. Mission Bay is an area for water activities like jet skis, sailing, parasailing, and boating.

Thanks for the info everyone! I was starting to think I was crazy...thinking that you couldn't swin in the ocean there or something!! :rotfl2: Glad to know you can!!

There are all sorts of good beaches close to DL. Newport, Corona Del Mar, Laguna, San Clemente...

Take your pick and enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter